Mars Toys 1/6 Batman Forever Riddler

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received mine from onesixthoutfitters today and preordered the two face. In the middle of moving so just going to take a peak and then straight back in the box :lol

No one else has received theirs yet? I'm curious to see others photos...
So far, I am happy with mine. Here's my photo...

IMG_1002.jpg

he is going to look great displayed next to my other recent orders!

IMG_1005.jpg

I did a little paintwork today... lightening the mask really helps, I think.

View attachment 709388

Brightened the hair a tinge too, since its almost a fade at the sides (looks more like no paint on the sideburns in hand)

Here's some full shows, before and after -- the lighter mask ties into the outfit better now...

View attachment 709390

View attachment 709389
Looks much better to me! What did you do to remove the paint from the mask prior to painting?

Woah, that does wonders. Awesome job. Did you use that Tamiya paint that was posted a few pages back?

For the hair did you sort of dry brush the lighter color onto it?

View attachment 709388

Brightened the hair a tinge too, since its almost a fade at the sides (looks more like no paint on the sideburns in hand)

Here's some full shots, before and after -- the lighter mask ties into the outfit better now...

View attachment 709390

View attachment 709389
That looks perfect! Brings much needed life to the sculpt. If only it was like that stock. Might have to commission you to do mine like that. That is when i even get mine. It doesn't get into the warehouse till the end of the month in my case.

Last edited:
Got mine today. It’s a stellar figure aside from the heads. I’m glad they went with expressive heads as that’s totally Jim Carrey’s Riddler. For those that wanted a neutral, stoic head I have to respectfully disagree. I don’t even think he had a neutral face in any promo pics. It’s frankly hard to find any neutral Jim Carrey pics. His face being so expressive is what really defines his career and Riddler was no different, perhaps even more so than normal.

The tongue head is the wrong choice for the hat head. The promo shot it’s based on is hatless. It’s not something I particularly associate with Jim’s Riddler. I would have gone with a big smile reminiscent of the scene he breaks into Two-Face’s lair and introduces himself. That may be the only significant appearance of the hat and jacket so that would have made more sense to me, given it’s been several years since I last watched the film.

The hatless head is based off the iconic poster, so it was a good choice. The execution is off though. It’s somewhat between a smile and grimace. I think having gone more open mouth smile would have been better. The expression on the poster is a weird one though. Maybe too much early photoshop? It might look best with the box device receiver against his forehead for that semi high look.

I think a third head would have gone a long way here too. I think an expression other than a smile would have been nice but which one is hard to determine. They could have gone something very specific like the baseball pitcher tongue pushing against the cheek look or squinting at the little diamond. Or maybe even the tiara and ear rings robbery look (some cash and diamonds should have been some of the accessories). He has plenty of expressions and I would have liked at least one more head in addition to the revisions of the two we got.

That said, we knew what the heads looked like going in and they delivered on what they presented. I’m hoping someone, if not Mars, offers an alternative head sculpt or two that we might be able to use. I’m glad they took a risk here, even if the choices or execution missed the mark a bit. Going neutral here would have been a huge mistake.

Is AliExpress delivery as quick as Ali was in his "float like a butterfly, sting like a bee" days or is it as slow as Ali was in his unfortunate last years?

Last edited:
Thanks all! It's a fairly simple fix that improves the overall accuracy... but truthfully, he looks great even without the detail work.

Looks much better to me! What did you do to remove the paint from the mask prior to painting?

I didn't strip the paint. Just painted right over the mask.

Did you use that Tamiya paint that was posted a few pages back?

For the hair did you sort of dry brush the lighter color onto it?

Nope, I used Liquitex acrylic paint. No specific reason, its just what I have on-hand.

Yes, I lightly dry-bushed the front and sides where the Mars paint was so thin or non-existent.

Getting the right coral color was a little tricky as his hair is so many different shades in the movie due to lighting, but I tried to stay close to the Mars color while also getting a more orange-coral color. In the end I think the hair looks the same color as before, there's just more hair painted now. Maybe its a touch brighter. I got a color somewhere between the #2 and #3 bar below.

coral colors.jpg

View attachment 709388

Here's some full shots, before and after -- the lighter mask ties into the outfit better now...

View attachment 709390

View attachment 709389

After all that grumbling, you’ve gone and proved it’s a piece of cake process that drastically improves the figure’s appearance! Stellar work.

Think I’ll still buy that Tamiya paint now just because I can’t be bothered to faff around mixing.

Got mine today. I'm very impressed with the overall quality of the figure, and what a fun figure to pose. I just wish Mars toys would also make a panther suit batman to complete the Forever collection.

Back