Mars Toys 1/6 Batman Forever Riddler

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed, but any further review on this...?

While there's quality in the sculpting and paintwork, they're among the least appealing sculpts Mars have produced.

However, from normal viewing distance the bare headed version works the better of the two. Neither hold up the closer you get, especially with the camera, unlike their various '66 and '89 Joker sculpts which were all phenomenal.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the hatted sculpt either. I think the expression would work without that tongue/lick. Yes, it's unique, but it is awkward looking.

The figure certainly lightens up the shelf though, doesn't it?

The bright colours certainly off-set the sculpt, and from a few feet away he looks a fine and fun figure.

From another third party company we might not be so critical, but Mars has made some really good production sculpts, so expectation is higher.

Two-Face looks like he's going to be the clear winner between the pair.

All Mars had to do was make a third or 4th “regular” head.

4F6C4B56-800F-4F18-9EC4-B176F8F14F16.jpeg

E2EF6358-F19A-49B1-BA38-98FD7F9629B4.png

150A38B5-BD40-4FF7-9E91-F7886B9C95AA.jpeg

Too bad the hair wasn’t a detachable piece that could be swapped out between the bowler hat.

Orange gloves would have been nice too, but I’m not sure how they would have worked with the sleeve situation.

2EB0D80E-1BC3-4544-B7FE-8AF5CB31DD2B.jpeg

S.H. Figuarts ROTJ Luke came with an unmasked Darth Vader head that you could put on a previously-released Vader figure. I always thought it would be cool if a 1/6 scale company would do that in a situation like this where many collectors spoke out about an additional head or accessory. For example, a stoic Riddler head sculpt could be included when Two-Face is released. That way they don't have to make a 2.0 Riddler and everyone gets what they want.

S.H. Figuarts ROTJ Luke came with an unmasked Darth Vader head that you could put on a previously-released Vader figure. I always thought it would be cool if a 1/6 scale company would do that in a situation like this where many collectors spoke out about an additional head or accessory. For example, a stoic Riddler head sculpt could be included when Two-Face is released. That way they don't have to make a 2.0 Riddler and everyone gets what they want.

Or include it with the upcoming white and green throne room Riddler.

Collectors... always looking for a free way to get what they want.

Or include it with the upcoming white and green throne room Riddler.

This would make more sense then adding the head to another figure.

Still, I do wonder if this Throne Riddler will ever get made. I've seen a lot of heads being made by Mars, yet so few up for PO. Could be years away, if at all.

And then... do I even want it? How many Carrey Riddlers is too many? Do you really want a full shelf -- hat and coat Riddler, leotard Riddler, throne Riddler... this is where the compulsion to "collect them all" is ultimately devastating to the hobby.

All Mars had to do was make a third or 4th “regular” head.

View attachment 710129
View attachment 710130
View attachment 710133

Too bad the hair wasn’t a detachable piece that could be swapped out between the bowler hat.

Orange gloves would have been nice too, but I’m not sure how they would have worked with the sleeve situation.

I must say, they did a good job with those wigs. I'm pretty sure TLJ was wearing a full wig, including the black hair part, but it looked very natural. The Riddler's hair looks pretty good too.

Collectors... always looking for a free way to get what they want.

This would make more sense then adding the head to another figure.

Not necessarily free since I'm sure the price of the head would be worked into the overall figure.

I just always thought it was really cool how SHF did that and it would make sense being included with Two-Face since most collectors who are getting Riddler are getting Two-Face and vice versa. Not saying it's going to happen but that would bring a lot of goodwill to Mars Toys.

I must say, they did a good job with those wigs. I'm pretty sure TLJ was wearing a full wig, including the black hair part, but it looked very natural. The Riddler's hair looks pretty good too.
The Batman movies had the best of the best in all the departments. Costumes, set design, makeup, sfx. Great work for their time and a lot of it still holds up. There’s a reason the real props sell for so much on auction sites and why these things are displayed in museums. They’re works of art. You’d never see them building Gotham City out of scratch today.

E936F985-0FA6-4617-9E9B-75F1F776A00C.jpeg
32EF6CCA-9206-48FD-A394-B06888456CFE.jpeg
1190756D-F94E-4652-B6E4-D204A3487475.jpeg

Neuron overload!

EED93003-4DBB-4AC1-A613-470AD12DE09F.jpeg

When he’s chilling in his throne, taking everyone’s brainwaves, that chandelier device looks like it has a singular wave right to his frontal lobe.

F7FF0B74-93B0-4FEF-8185-85988DF9171A.jpeg

When Batman smashes it, everything goes haywire and the energy is directed at Nygma from all directions, enough to make Dent, Sugar and Spice flee.

Riddler was supposed to be bald by the end of the film in his white suit, but Jim Carey refused to shave his head.

Oh come on. Neuron overload wouldn't melt your face -- and plastic glasses -- nor return your face to normal after a short time (or a long time).

That's what comic books do to your brain.

Back