Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keep in mind that BA He-Man has silver painted abs, and possibly an entirely silver torso. Not sure about the upper part, but the abs are definitely silver. Just an FYI.

Ah... well, I guess that breaks the deal for me. It also crossed my mind to grab the two TRU sets (and sell the DC Universe stuff), but the lack of a havoc staff for Skeletor is a bit of an issue too. Guess I'll just keep on the lookout for some loose MOTUC then. Seems to be my best bet.

i was bored this weekend so i gave my extra skeletor a little "hyper anime" detail.

IMG_1463.jpg

IMG_1464.jpg

IMG_1466.jpg

IMG_1465.jpg

Worth relinking.

What's the story on this sword? That's not a modded matty motuc sword is it? Great paint detail on the staff.

Good job.

And I need to see these pics on a monitor to see the hood/head others have mentioned

On second close inspection, that skeletor fuggin' rocks.

That's a TRU Skelly, no?

I may open my extra pack and do the same.

Still wanting to know about that sword, it's awesome.

Okay, here's a shot out of a cannon. Would anyone buy a loose Lex Luthor and Superman at $15 + shipping each? I can include both comics too.

I'm just wondering whether I should just get the TRU sets, keep the He-Man and Skelly, sell the others, then buy a Weapons Pak for that extra feeling of completeness (still doesn't come with a Havoc Staff, but the Mighty Sword of Power would look great with He-Man).

On second close inspection, that skeletor fuggin' rocks.

That's a TRU Skelly, no?

I may open my extra pack and do the same.

Still wanting to know about that sword, it's awesome.
it's the re-release skeletor with a custom filmation head. staff painted by me. the swords are just from a 200x skeletor but repainted by me.

This entire thread is making me want to get these figures... at least the main characters. The 80's He-Man series was almost a decade before my time so I grew up with the 2002 revamp, but these figures look pretty damn cool.
The poseability in that Skeletor review looks surprisingly good too. I'm a sucker for modernized ankle and neck ball joints. Didn't expect to see that in such a line. Lo and behold, they did it. Sweet.

I do always find it very interesting when I hear folks growing up with the 2002 MOTU.
I wonder how different your view of the brand is compared to those od us who grew up with the 80's version.

If and when you get any Classics, I would like to hear what you think about em.
Ever read the original DC comics or brave the original TV show?

Okay, here's a shot out of a cannon. Would anyone buy a loose Lex Luthor and Superman at $15 + shipping each? I can include both comics too.

I'm just wondering whether I should just get the TRU sets, keep the He-Man and Skelly, sell the others, then buy a Weapons Pak for that extra feeling of completeness (still doesn't come with a Havoc Staff, but the Mighty Sword of Power would look great with He-Man).

Extra weapons pak for sale if you need one Blade, I have too many of them. MIB.

If not all good :duff

I do always find it very interesting when I hear folks growing up with the 2002 MOTU.
I wonder how different your view of the brand is compared to those od us who grew up with the 80's version.

Same here :lecture

yes it was painted but i might reseal it. some of the paint is rubbing off underneath from rubbing on the figure's neck. it's high quality though. well worth the money.

Cool - is it cast in that same sort of rubbery plastic the regular ones use?

News from Matty:

Product Release Dates Through November
August 25, 2010

By Matty
Toy Fans,

The whirlwind of insanity that is SDCC is over, and we’re finally settled down and getting back to business as usual. We’re still pulling together final images, but here’s a list of products that are scheduled for release through the end of November:

SEPTEMBER
Ghostbusters™ 6" Egon Spengler™ with PKE Meter™, stack of books
Masters of the Universe® Classics Chief Carnivus™ (Club Eternia™ monthly figure)
Masters of the Universe® Classics Gygor™

OCTOBER
Masters of the Universe® Classics Roboto® (Club Eternia™ monthly figure)
Masters of the Universe® Classics Zodac®

NOVEMBER
DCU JLU Parademon™ 2-Pack
Ghostbusters™ 6" Peter Venkman™ with Ghostbusters™ Logo Base
Masters of the Universe® Classics Grizzlor® (Club Eternia™ monthly figure)
Masters of the Universe® Classics Grayskull™ (with Orb)
Masters of the Universe® Classics Weapons Pak Great Wars Assortment

November’s already shaped up to be one heck of a month, but there’s even more in store for you! We’re working on plans for a serious Cyber Monday sale on November 29th at 9 a.m. PT/Noon ET and it’s gonna be BIG! Watch this spot for details to come, and check back soon to see images of the September, October, and November products!

— Matty

What do you guys think it is?...

I've certainly braved the original show. I liked the 2002 one more. There just seemed to be more to it for me. Having that said, the figures that came out of the modern version really weren't that great. Good character designs, but I hated the blocky-looking stylized muscles and lame poseability. These MOTUC seem like they make great figures, so I'm hoping I can at least pick up a couple to get a feel for the line.

Extra weapons pak for sale if you need one Blade, I have too many of them. MIB.

PM sent :).

News from Matty:

What do you guys think it is?...

I'm liking that new Weapons Pak bit... wonder what it'll come with.

I've certainly braved the original show. I liked the 2002 one more. There just seemed to be more to it for me. Having that said, the figures that came out of the modern version really weren't that great. Good character designs, but I hated the blocky-looking stylized muscles and lame poseability. These MOTUC seem like they make great figures, so I'm hoping I can at least pick up a couple to get a feel for the line.

Well at least the 2002 show didn't tell how you should cross the street I suppose! :)

In my opinion, MOTUC are the sign best action figures on the market.

Yea they were blocky and I can see that today, but being 1982 there was nothing like em back in the day. Today everything has 100 different points of articulation and we are in gods heaven for action figures.

I'd think that G.I. Joe was probably one of the only figures that started us off with battle grip versions :lol (1983)

lol, the 2002 designs were pretty good. I just hate when they add those blocky stylish cartoony details to actual figures, though. Makes them look less serious.

s03_l.jpg

MOTUC look cartoony, no doubt, but there's a better reason for it. In fact, that's the point. Plus, you'd think on a figure like the one above, you'd at least get poseable knees and elbows, but it didn't happen. I'd just like to have some good solid He-Man figures and it looks like these are the ones.

Back