Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
in the past he said it would... but since management has been crapping all over the line recently.... who knows? Stink-or might end up with mer-man's armor painted orange as a "cost cutting" measure.

ru-roh!

this is the kind of backpedaling i was worried about.

https://forums.mattycollector.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2131094575/m/5251046646

looks like they'v decided to change their stance on ALL extra heads?

No it doesn't. :nono How have you come to that conclusion?

in the past he said it would... but since management has been crapping all over the line recently.... who knows? Stink-or might end up with mer-man's armor painted orange as a "cost cutting" measure.

Unlikely. If they were to take such a decision the backlash would be immense.

I don't understand why people are so worried about their decision to drop the 200X inspired heads. The 200X Whiplash head simply and obviously didn't work on the vintage inspired body. This decision could result in us getting a full 200X design Whiplash and others where appropriate down the line.

We're concerned, becuase TOyguru ALREADY STATED PREVIOUSLY that Stinkor would receive two heads. he's said that since mer-man was released. Now, after Whiplash is released, and Matty Upper management is starting to take control of the line, His story is changing.

THAT'S why we're concerned. you think that the 200x head doesn't work on whiplash. I feel the opposite, i think his vintage head looks ridiculous. all that is purely subjective. The removal of the extra heads has got NOTHING to do with stylistic choices.
It, unfortunately comes down to one thing.

Whiplash was ALMOST a 100% new sculpt. this means he's going to have a much higher tooling cost than an average figure. It's very suspect that right after he is released, "Matty upper management" gets involved, and bans all future 200x extra heads.

Likely, what ACTUALY caused this was someone up top looking at how much of the tooling budget whiplash used, looked at the figure, and asked "why does he have two heads?" he gets an answer, and likely replies " he cost too much already don't do that again!" . and thus, a new trend is started.

That's Why I'm concerned about it. It's the start of a BAD precedent. It's being done for cost-cutting, and profit making reasons. when you start making decisions based SOLY on that, you can sometimes make blunderous decisions that kill the line.
Yes, i agree, a stink-or that is nothing but a repaint of Mer-man in orange armor is an extreme, parody-like version of this line of thinking. but that's the point. i'm simply trying to make a point with its inclusion.
Yes, I realize it's not likely they'd actually do that.

But then, if they THOUGHT they could get away with it... they would.

There's no need for full 200x designs for each characters IMO...
I would be more than happy if all were as Whiplash, I thought the 200x head looked great on it...
Grizzlor would've worked... Stinkor too...
Oh well...

Stinkor should likely get two heads...Toyguru just doesnt want to reveal anything until its time...there is no "new" Tool on stinkor,except an extra head and Armor(which shares with mekaneck)...whiplash was an all new tool,but stinkor wont even be close to a new tool.He is just a repaint.Plus Toyguru stated all figures to get at least two accessories..Stinkor- Sheild/Extra 200x elemented Head (IMO,Stinkor does need an extra head)

Yeah 'cuz there's not _____ing and moaning over there... :lol:lol:lol

New-Ninja-Turtles-Movie-Gets-Fast-Tracked-Adds-Writers.jpg

Let me b clear.

I just don't want to see Stinky ONLY come with a repainted Mer-man head. he really needs a head that is all his own. I don't care if it's 200x, vintage card art inspired, or even New adventures! or perhaps something that is totally new. He just needs a head that is all his.

time will tell exactly what direction UM is taking this line.

We're concerned, becuase TOyguru ALREADY STATED PREVIOUSLY that Stinkor would receive two heads. he's said that since mer-man was released. Now, after Whiplash is released, and Matty Upper management is starting to take control of the line, His story is changing.

THAT'S why we're concerned. you think that the 200x head doesn't work on whiplash. I feel the opposite, i think his vintage head looks ridiculous. all that is purely subjective. The removal of the extra heads has got NOTHING to do with stylistic choices.
It, unfortunately comes down to one thing.

Whiplash was ALMOST a 100% new sculpt. this means he's going to have a much higher tooling cost than an average figure. It's very suspect that right after he is released, "Matty upper management" gets involved, and bans all future 200x extra heads.

Likely, what ACTUALY caused this was someone up top looking at how much of the tooling budget whiplash used, looked at the figure, and asked "why does he have two heads?" he gets an answer, and likely replies " he cost too much already don't do that again!" . and thus, a new trend is started.

That's Why I'm concerned about it. It's the start of a BAD precedent. It's being done for cost-cutting, and profit making reasons. when you start making decisions based SOLY on that, you can sometimes make blunderous decisions that kill the line.
Yes, i agree, a stink-or that is nothing but a repaint of Mer-man in orange armor is an extreme, parody-like version of this line of thinking. but that's the point. i'm simply trying to make a point with its inclusion.
Yes, I realize it's not likely they'd actually do that.

But then, if they THOUGHT they could get away with it... they would.

I realise that you're concerned, we all are, we all want to see the line done right. I know the Stinkor armour example was said in a sarcastic sorta way but you're being a bit overly doom and gloom about some of the answers coming from Mattel. You can't honestly say that they are cutting out all second portraits from the line based on that recent answer.

Also, you can't say with any authority that the removal of the 200X heads has "NOTHING" to do with stylistic choices. A few Whiplash reviews I've read have mentioned that it doesn't look right or that the head was oversized. Bottom line, that head design was never meant for that body and that's a fact.

I have no doubt that the tooling costs played a part in the decision to start cutting back on additional accessories. However, I'm sure that management are well aware that many of these new and existing molds will see reuse on later figures so it's probably not as big a factor as we think.
Looking at Grizzlor, I wouldn't be surprised if Mattel saw the opportunity to release a 200X variant down the road by not including the 200X faceplate with the upcoming release.

There's no need for full 200x designs for each characters IMO...
I would be more than happy if all were as Whiplash, I thought the 200x head looked great on it...
Grizzlor would've worked... Stinkor too...
Oh well...

Going by the amount some here are mentioning org members wanting 200X inspired figures I'm inclined to disagree.
You're right about Grizzlor though. Why include his 200X loincloth if you're not including his 200X faceplate? Answer = 200X variant release.

Carnivus review!!
Looks amazing!!!
:rock!

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/j06udWU08i8?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/j06udWU08i8?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Eazy pass. This month's characters are so blah.:dunno

Carnivus review!!
Looks amazing!!!
:rock!

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/j06udWU08i8?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/j06udWU08i8?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

An giant axe weilding ape and a lion warrior! Sold!!!! :yess:

Edit: I need somebody to say something intelligent! I am having a very stupid filled day today!

Last edited:

I need somebody to say something intelligent! I am having a very stupid filled day today!

:exactly: :goodpost:

I loved the episode that had Lord Carnivus. It just adds to the coolness of the MOTU Universe that there are so many different races on Eternia. It's one of the reasons why the Masters group is so great, diversity.

Eazy pass. This month's characters are so blah.:dunno
:pfft::pfft::pfft:

Edit: I need somebody to say something intelligent! I am having a very stupid filled day today!
Here we go:

Now we need Lord Dactus!!

picture.php

:exactly: :goodpost:

I loved the episode that had Lord Carnivus. It just adds to the coolness of the MOTU Universe that there are so many different races on Eternia. It's one of the reasons why the Masters group is so great, diversity.
:lecture

I want both of these guys.
:hi5:

Back