Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As much as I love horror, even I have to take a break from AMC's Fear Fest once in awhile. And so too it's time for a little break from the monster figure reviews. Tonight I'm checking out Lord Dactus from the MOTUC line, one of the many October releases. You can find the review at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading, and have a terrific weekend!

Michael
MWC

Just got an email from Mattycollector stating that my preorder for castle Grayskull will be shipping soon and to make sure your credit card info is valid...no details on what "Soon" means...anyone have an idea when they will be shipping out?

The release date is December 11.

I read that date was just used as a placeholder when orders were entered in the system. Don't believe that it will hold.

yep! every order that was placed says DEC 11...

Scott said Grayskulls are shipping Mid November to Late November in the order recieved.Later orders will ship into December

day of sale is December 15th

I brightened up all the silver on mine by basically repainting all the silver parts. I also added a bunch of additional silver details. I kinda want to also add darker gray to all the inset areas on the armor but am not sure it's worth the trouble or even would look good.

IMG_1052 by dangercorpse, on Flickr

I've said it before, but I mean it even more now: Anyone who has 100+ of these figures, who has invested THOUSANDS of dollars, and yet passes on Grayskull is going to deeply regret it.

Meh... I've said it before, and I still feel the same way. I just don't have the space for it. I don't regret not getting it at all.

Maybe if ALL I collected was MOTUC, I'd feel different.

Meh... I've said it before, and I still feel the same way. I just don't have the space for it. I don't regret not getting it at all.

Maybe if ALL I collected was MOTUC, I'd feel different.

I also collect Star Wars, DC, Sideshow, Hot Toys, Prometheus, Aliens, and other stuff. I don't know your collection or if you have a lot of 1/12. I don't imagine many people who have invested more than a thousand dollars into MOTUC will be glad they didn't grab one. When those photos start circulating, there will be a lot of regretting.

I'm planning on posing all of my NECA Aliens climbing up and over the walls while He-Man and Man At Arms struggle to hold them back! :panic:

Last edited:
So did anyone else find the finish on the orange part of Mantenna and the red dragons on the Horde Trooper's staves to be odd?

Heh, my wife and i were talking about that last night. We've got NOWHERE to put it.

So we're just gonna buy a house.

I also collect Star Wars, DC, Sideshow, Hot Toys, Prometheus, Aliens, and other stuff. I don't know your collection or if you have a lot of 1/12. I don't imagine many people who have invested more than a thousand dollars into MOTUC will be glad they didn't grab one. When those photos start circulating, there will be a lot of regretting.

I'm planning on posing all of my NECA Aliens climbing up and over the walls while He-Man and Man At Arms struggle to hold them back! :panic:

Yeah, I've got a house... with a decent sized area to put my collection. The main focus of it is GI Joe, I suppose, with a few shelves devoted to Transformers (Masterpiece, Prime, Animated), Classic Space Lego sets, MOTUC, vintage Star Wars. Probably in that order of priority/space allocated.

If I get the Castle, it will become the focus, visually, of my collection... and that just doesn't feel right. If I'm going to get an item like that, it'll be the USS Flagg. Haven't found one in the condition I like for the price I like when I'm in a position to spend the money... and even when/if I do, I'll have some major reorganizing to do, lol.

I've actually got a dead mint, stickers unapplied Terrordrome already, with nowhere to put it.

So yeah. Talk about first world problems. But that's the reason in a nutshell. Same reason I'm not getting that new Metroplex, too. :)

One thing that's in the back of my mind too... Once the line is over and done with, there will be a lot of people moving on to the next thing... Honestly, I expect there will be more people getting rid of these than people think, once people start looking for space and money for the next Hot Toys Avengers line or whatever.

The die-hard MOTU fans won't, of course, but those who jumped on the bandwagon will. I might pick one up then... unless I'm one of those guys who doesn't care anymore (and honestly, I might be...).

Honestly, I might be one of those types.

Yeah, I've got a house... with a decent sized area to put my collection. The main focus of it is GI Joe, I suppose, with a few shelves devoted to Transformers (Masterpiece, Prime, Animated), Classic Space Lego sets, MOTUC, vintage Star Wars. Probably in that order of priority/space allocated.

If I get the Castle, it will become the focus, visually, of my collection... and that just doesn't feel right. If I'm going to get an item like that, it'll be the USS Flagg. Haven't found one in the condition I like for the price I like when I'm in a position to spend the money... and even when/if I do, I'll have some major reorganizing to do, lol.

I've actually got a dead mint, stickers unapplied Terrordrome already, with nowhere to put it.

So yeah. Talk about first world problems. But that's the reason in a nutshell. Same reason I'm not getting that new Metroplex, too. :)

One thing that's in the back of my mind too... Once the line is over and done with, there will be a lot of people moving on to the next thing... Honestly, I expect there will be more people getting rid of these than people think, once people start looking for space and money for the next Hot Toys Avengers line or whatever.

The die-hard MOTU fans won't, of course, but those who jumped on the bandwagon will. I might pick one up then... unless I'm one of those guys who doesn't care anymore (and honestly, I might be...).

Honestly, I might be one of those types.

The centerpiece of my collection is my Alien Big Chap Maquette. I DO NOT expect the Castle to overshadow her gorgeousness! :)

Good luck with grabbing a cheap castle down the road. I suspect you're dreaming. I do see a lot of the figures going down in price in a couple of years, but not the Castle. They aren't making many many thousands of it and I think even the people who choose to drop the line and only keep a dozen figures will be keeping their castles as well.

In a recent interview with Toymag...Toyguru said we will likely see Skeletor's Army builder in '14 or '15 (either an extra Sku or actually in the Sub in '15)

He mentioned both Hover Robots and Skeleton Warriors...If they were SMART,they would sell a two-pack of both the Skeleton and Hover Robot as a set...it would be another set I would but 3-4 of...

In a recent interview with Toymag...Toyguru said we will likely see Skeletor's Army builder in '14 or '15 (either an extra Sku or actually in the Sub in '15)

He mentioned both Hover Robots and Skeleton Warriors...If they were SMART,they would sell a two-pack of both the Skeleton and Hover Robot as a set...it would be another set I would but 3-4 of...

I would get at least 4 packs of those if they made it 1 Robot and 1 Skeleton Warrior. I'd actually prefer that then 2 Robots where one of the Hover Robots is 'battle damaged' and then you'd have half of your robots with the exact same stress marks. That battle damage mark is what kept me from getting another set of Horde Troopers.

The centerpiece of my collection is my Alien Big Chap Maquette. I DO NOT expect the Castle to overshadow her gorgeousness! :)

Good luck with grabbing a cheap castle down the road. I suspect you're dreaming. I do see a lot of the figures going down in price in a couple of years, but not the Castle. They aren't making many many thousands of it and I think even the people who choose to drop the line and only keep a dozen figures will be keeping their castles as well.

Honestly, I really don't care one way or the other. :)

Back