Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well looks like December was one huge embarrassing failure. Close to 1000 castles left in stock and nothing else has moved either. Well, at this rate I may get a Castle after all when they discount them next year for BF/CM... or Big Lots.

sure,let's discount the Castle's and piss off the customer some more.

if these hit Big Lot's..kiss MOTU Classics anything good bye.My guess that they will make the Castle an evergreen item until it sells out

Cant see many international customers taking the plunge on the castle at this point. Over $150 shipping is crazy money :cuckoo: Still its a shame they didn't get a quicker sellout as it makes a snake mountain playset even less likely than before

Well wasn't the whole pre-order thing supposed to fix this problem? What's the point of doing pre-orders if you still then overproduce?

Well wasn't the whole pre-order thing supposed to fix this problem? What's the point of doing pre-orders if you still then overproduce?

I think they over-estimated the demand for a $300+ Castle Grayskull. I think the vast majority of those interested in it, are those that pre-ordered it. It must be killing them sitting on nearly 1000 Castle Grayskulls, we all know how much they hate storing things in the warehouse.

Yeah, the price hike seems have been entirely punitive - to punish people who didn't pre-order. That may sound great on paper, but it's serious enough of a price-hike to cost sales.

Yeah, the price hike seems have been entirely punitive - to punish people who didn't pre-order. That may sound great on paper, but it's serious enough of a price-hike to cost sales.

makes no sense to me,but it's greedy Mattel we're talking about

Merry Christmas lads!

Hope ya'll are havin a good one.

It's kinda hard for me not to...

a9a5eguj.jpg
ety2evep.jpg
aje4e9ab.jpg
6ynusaty.jpg

I think they over-estimated the demand for a $300+ Castle Grayskull. I think the vast majority of those interested in it, are those that pre-ordered it. It must be killing them sitting on nearly 1000 Castle Grayskulls, we all know how much they hate storing things in the warehouse.

What are you basing this on as to me that just sounds like you want to dump on it for the sake of it. Did you not get it and are now regretting it perhaps?

Preorders already hit the minimum required and it would not have been made otherwise so Mattel are good. This, like Teemu siad is just them making yet more money.

When more and more pics of the castle come out I think more will buy it.

They ain't ever gonna make anything like this Castle Grayskull again and it's the beefiest playset ever. For any serious toy collector, this is a must.

What are you basing this on as to me that just sounds like you want to dump on it for the sake of it. Did you not get it and are now regretting it perhaps?

Preorders already hit the minimum required and it would not have been made otherwise so Mattel are good. This, like Teemu siad is just them making yet more money.

When more and more pics of the castle come out I think more will buy it.

They ain't ever gonna make anything like this Castle Grayskull again and it's the beefiest playset ever. For any serious toy collector, this is a must.

If I wanted it, I could still buy it, its not sold out, so why would I regret it?

I had it on pre-order and cancelled it once the pics came out. They are sitting on around 850+ of these right now, if their inventory is correct. They've stated time and time again how they can't have anything sit in the warehouse, and it costs them money to store this stuff. There were constant claims that 'those who didn't pre-order it are going to be sorry' and 'its going to sell out and shoot up in aftermarket price.'

They can't even move the ones they have at $300 and are selling on ebay shipped for below that.

If I wanted it, I could still buy it, its not sold out, so why would I regret it?

I had it on pre-order and cancelled it once the pics came out. They are sitting on around 850+ of these right now, if their inventory is correct. They've stated time and time again how they can't have anything sit in the warehouse, and it costs them money to store this stuff. There were constant claims that 'those who didn't pre-order it are going to be sorry' and 'its going to sell out and shoot up in aftermarket price.'

They can't even move the ones they have at $300 and are selling on ebay shipped for below that.

I don't see any for sale on ebay for less than $300 let alone shipped for that little. It's $399 on Big Bad Toy Store.

Well there's this one that went for about $300 shipped:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Masters-of...e-Grayskull-/191002610948?hash=item2c78a48d04

There's also tons that are ending without any bids.

Thanks, saves me the effort. Also, BBTS is not moving any at $400, maybe a few internationally, but that's it. I'm not ragging on it, just pointing out that its not the insta-sell out hit that it was advertised to be by a lot of folks, and they're having trouble moving them at retail price.

$300 is too much. Don't get me wrong, I love BOTH of my Castles, but for most people $300 plus shipping is too much.

$300 is too much. Don't get me wrong, I love BOTH of my Castles, but for most people $300 plus shipping is too much.

I think when you get into that price range you're targeting a different collector base, and most of that collector base doesn't purchase 'toys' no matter how nice they may be.

There is a widening gap between the action figure collectors that used to purchase figures at retail for $10, and the high end collector who throws $300 down on a single 12" figure. There aren't many who collect both.

They've stated time and time again how they can't have anything sit in the warehouse, and it costs them money to store this stuff. .

don't worry...the customer picks up the Tab through the shipping charges.

WE PAY Digital River,through Shipping, to Store Mattel's product in their warehouse.(which Toyguru even admitted,but of course that flew over everyone's head)

Well there's this one that went for about $300 shipped:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Masters-of...e-Grayskull-/191002610948?hash=item2c78a48d04

There's also tons that are ending without any bids.

Yeah,bids on ebay arn't gonna happen when Matty is sitting on stock

Thanks, saves me the effort. Also, BBTS is not moving any at $400, maybe a few internationally, but that's it. I'm not ragging on it, just pointing out that its not the insta-sell out hit that it was advertised to be by a lot of folks, and they're having trouble moving them at retail price.

you're right! it didn't sell out as some expected.Perhaps because Toyguru LIED again and said that day of stock was going to be extremely limited along with..

"There may NOT be any day of Sale Castle's"

"Extremely limited day of sale,if at all"

1,000+ Castles is NOT extremely limited

So how many times can Scott lie to make a sale? it's getting old and honestly,I hope the 2015 Sub does not happen and we just get what is shown at SDCC as quarterly slots...

Since we're not really going to get vehicles and Scott won't gives us what we really want (Stridor,Snake Mountain,Battle Ram,Land Shark etc)..I am done buying FILLER'S (POP and NA) to keep this line going..

Finish the Vintage MOTU and call it day

I think when you get into that price range you're targeting a different collector base, and most of that collector base doesn't purchase 'toys' no matter how nice they may be.

There is a widening gap between the action figure collectors that used to purchase figures at retail for $10, and the high end collector who throws $300 down on a single 12" figure. There aren't many who collect both.

Most action figure collector's ARE CHEAP!!

1/6 12" Scale Collector's not so much,which are two different types of collector's

They definitely do often use fear tactics in an attempt to generate sales. I think it would be hard for anyone to convince me otherwise at this point. It's just so common now.

They definitely do often use fear tactics in an attempt to generate sales. I think it would be hard for anyone to convince me otherwise at this point. It's just so common now.

At this point those that are still in the game I think just assume 75% of the stuff that comes out of Matty is B.S. They have the same problems going on 5 years now, the line is almost done, everyone is just riding it out to the end and doesn't care anymore.

At this point those that are still in the game I think just assume 75% of the stuff that comes out of Matty is B.S. They have the same problems going on 5 years now, the line is almost done, everyone is just riding it out to the end and doesn't care anymore.

I am feeling this and starting to believe this aswell

looking at my 100+ figures on my shelf...All I mostly care about is the 1982-1985 lineup and some of the Filmation characters that we could of gotten as figures in the 80's (like Fangman,Icer,Strongarm,Batros)

other than that..I just don't care enough to keep spending money on figures I never had or collected as a kid (looking at you NA and POP junk)..

I just can't do the Sub anymore,especially with the price increase coming in 2015 and being forced to by crap like Mara and Huntara at $40 a pop.I am Cherry picking the last of the Vintage group I need now.

I think Scott needs to scrap the filler's (like Crapper-rina,Madam Spazz,Battle bore the Lion) and finish 2014 with a Vintage bang!

Tung Lashor
Rio-Blast
Dragstor
Ninjor
Stridor

Back