Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some of my favorite stuff is from the last couple years but I am very well aware I'm an unusual collector of this line. I'm primarily a 1/6 scale collector and I just pick up a few MOTUC figures here and there and don't really buy much else in the way of toys like that.

When they actually start selling for less than $300, then I may take some of what you guys say on bored.

And I am not saying it won't, but one selling at $301 is hardly enough to be making such bold statements.

I personally think they will eventually sell out just a little slowly.

By all mean whale on the hype and what we were told but that's a whole other subject in my opinion.

I would sooner have more pics than negative talk for what seems negative's sake.

Many going unsold on eBay is more telling than the ones that have sold. It's not like tons sold for well over $300, it's just that not that many have been sold. Based on a quick glance it looks like about half of them didn't sell under completed listings.

Also a lot of the ones that have sold were sold for "best offer" so you can't see how much they actually sold for (unless I'm missing something).

Really though I think it's just too early to tell. A lot of the completed listings are pre-sales and there's just not that many completed auctions yet since people are only just now getting them in-hand.

Yeah that as well. You may very well start seeing them move much more quickly out of the Mattel store after the first two weeks in Janurary… assuming that Mattel leaves them up in the store that long. The Castle being sold around xmas makes sense for kid's toys, not so much for adult collectables.

It probably would have made a lot more sense to release it in January come to think of it.

It's Xmas! Folks don't have a lot of spare money.

and they won't for quite a while....spending goes right into the gutter in the 1st quarter of the year

Grayskull will likely go "Evergreen" until it sells out,so it will have that going for it.In the mean time...it sits in Matty's warehouse until sold

I think for many, they wanted it for Xmas and for me personally, while flippen expensive, having Grayskull for Xmas was flippen great.

I could care less if this was Mattel bad planning or not as to weather they are sitting on stock or they made too many or whatever. I got my castle and it's pimp!
I rarely subscribe to what I a being told by them anyways.

I think for many, they wanted it for Xmas and for me personally, while flippen expensive, having Grayskull for Xmas was flippen great.

I could care less if this was Mattel bad planning or not as to weather they are sitting on stock or they made too many or whatever. I got my castle and it's pimp!
I rarely subscribe to what I a being told by them anyways.

believe me..the arguement isn't really about how great the Castle is....Any fan of this line should get one..

Though, having extra stock not sold (according to Scott) isn't a good thing.Of course,there is no reason why Mattel needed to jack day of sales to $300. That is just being greedy and the left over stock not sold will be evidence for that.

Perhaps I am being stupid but I am still not seeing what the issue is.

Mattel sitting on stock makes no difference to me or as far as I can see the line in general as it's ending next year anyways most likely.

The only thing I see this a being relevent is that IF the castle sold out in bullet time, it might, though highly unlikely, increase the possibility of more larger items like a Snake Mountain.
I for one was never expecting another large item in this line.

Yeah,forget about getting Snake Mountain....Scott whined about how much work and man power it took just to make Castle Grayskull...it went over their heads supposedly...

A few Strong-Or shots taken this morning. I like him a lot better than I thought I would. He's wacky, but he "fits".

11632289196_a42427693e_c.jpg

11631829364_fda68c18e6_c.jpg

11632186936_5581f7e77f_c.jpg

It's a shame Strongarm never got a figure made in the 80's...then he would be really desired by the vintage purists

Opened my Castle Christmas morning and it was epic hahaha! I was 4 years old all over again. It is a truly amazing playset. So happy to have it :)

Well Strongarm was in the second ever broadcasted episode, The She Demon of Phantos and it was a good episode too so he will resonate with some folks.

I think he looks cool.

I got Standor this mornin and he is definitely not cool. I think we have had some pretty crappy figures of late in fairness, Sea Hawk, Nepthu, Strobo and have another one the way in the shape of Plundor.

I'm not a fan of Strobo at all I actually think he's kinda gross looking. Nepthu also not fond off, he could have been cooler but his face and hat just look off. Seahawk doesn't bother me but I don't have much interest in him. He seems like an okay looking figure though.

Plundor I love though, he's ridiculous but I think he's also just a cool looking figure overall. Standor I think is pretty cool as well, I think he'd maybe look even cooler with a different head under the helmet or without the glasses.

As goofy as Plundor is...I like him...though he does start to go into the TMNT territory

Standor is as stupid as they come...probably one of the worse figures added to the line

Well aside from the Stan Lee aspect what's stupid about him? I just dig his clear space armor and the fact that he's another of whatever the hell Keldor's race is (I can never remember the name).

Well aside from the Stan Lee aspect what's stupid about him? I just dig his clear space armor and the fact that he's another of whatever the hell Keldor's race is (I can never remember the name).

Him being a god- Creator of the Universe- blasphemy!

and he looks Stupid

Oh I never read the bios… what about him looks stupid though, that's what I was asking… /aside from the head/?.

I kinda want to get one to do some mods to him.

Oh I never read the bios… what about him looks stupid though, that's what I was asking… /aside from the head/?.

I kinda want to get one to do some mods to him.

the head looks like Stan Lee,the rest of him is just a stupid design

Back