Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What I really don't understand is why they are adjusting the day of sale quota downward when they only hit 97% of the minimum through subscriptions? I would think if anything they would want to increase the day of sale allotment to help offset the slightly lower subscriptions.

Well I guess I'll just sit back for the 2015 Sub and let 15 people from the Org crazily make a bunch of unnecessary purchases so it will go through :lol

that is the ONLY reason the POP sub went through because of all the compulsive,obsessive Sub buying....would you buy 25-30 subs and Sub match so the 2015 sub goes through?

So they are still going to dump POP figures in 2015? I thought the threat was they'd only do that if the sub didn't go through?

Or did I read that wrong?

yes,we'll see the remaining POP figures get made in 2015 (like Angella,Memista and Spinnerella)

2015 ALREADY had POP figures planned for it.
IF the etheria sub failed, the figures that were already tooled would take the place of the POP figures in the 2015 sub, buping those as of yet untooled figures out.

Aside from Light Hope, I have no ideas why I have a POP sub. Somebody please tell me it will be all fine!

at least the remaining POP figures are the better of the bunch....seems they got the easy stuff out of the way

The latest minicomi has a new She-Ra design which is meant to be her New Adventures outfit.

I don't see how POP is canon and NA is not. Weather we like it or nor all three are canon.

But let it be known that despite the POP bashing that goes on, ya'll want a mermaid over a space She-Ra. :D

I put the word in parentheses because I know it's all up to personal interpretation.

For me, in this case, it's Filmation. NA was a different He-Man, set in a different universe. I've read that it's supposed to be a continuation, but... I mean, c'mon. Really doesn't seem so to me. :)

And regarding mermaids... I dunno. I guess I've got fond memories of Disney's Ariel. :)

Good to hear the sub went through!

If the PoP sub can make it, then the 2015 sub can make it. Which is good for me, because Dragstor and the last Snakeman are going to be part of next year's sub. Complete the Horde. Complete the Snakemen. Boom! Done.

Aside from Light Hope, I have no ideas why I have a POP sub. Somebody please tell me it will be all fine!

Exactly my thoughts. I am really in no way into POP. To be honest I dont even like these girls toys. On the other hand it is just another 6 figures + Badass Light Hope. So if you are going all in since day one, it doesnt matter that much. My personal aim was to get every figure at least once. So this might be a reason to sub POP... :dunno :lol

Why not just pick up Light Hope on the secondary market? A lot cheaper that way.

I others will be doing that and I would imagine LH will go for at least $100. So I may as well have the figures and perhaps sell them on if they suck.

at least the remaining POP figures are the better of the bunch....seems they got the easy stuff out of the way

I hope so dude!

What??? Eamon?? You got a POP sub? You're putting your reputation on the line dude!!! Lol!

Well I am completest. And lets not forget that I do draw a pretty good She-Ra. :)

I put the word in parentheses because I know it's all up to personal interpretation.

For me, in this case, it's Filmation. NA was a different He-Man, set in a different universe. I've read that it's supposed to be a continuation, but... I mean, c'mon. Really doesn't seem so to me. :)

No supposed at all dude, it is the continuation weather we like it or not. I was there all the ways through when I was a kid. The comics build up the whole story line and it was dramatic as Adam turned into He-Man in front of Skeletor and stayed as HM to leave Eternia to be watche dover by the remain heroic warriors.

Emiliano did a great story (that led him getting the 200x comic gig) called "Home Coming" which involves He-Man returning to Eternia after the mission in the future/space. King Hss now ruled Eternia with Teela taken as his bride as a peace treaty. Pretty cool stuff that many folks liked.

MOTU for me looking at it now (I never really watched the show as a kid) seems very much like the Warcraft world Blizzard has set up. Yes there's swords and sorcery but there's also dimensional/time travel and pretty advanced technology. So He-Man in Space isn't exactly a big stretch and makes perfect sense in the universe they created, at least it does to me.

Just got Glimmer. I like her.

usu2u7u4.jpg

Quick question for any UK collectors. Have the shipping costs gone up this year, and if so how much are you paying in shipping for 1 figure? I ordered the quarterly sub to save on shipping and I'm not sure if its saving me much from Matty Collectors end, although only getting hit with one set of customs fees will be a bonus!

EDIT: Forgot to say thanks for the tip about homecoming King Grayskull. Cant believe it was just the work of one guy, I actually far prefer it to the recent DC comic!

No supposed at all dude, it is the continuation weather we like it or not. I was there all the ways through when I was a kid. The comics build up the whole story line and it was dramatic as Adam turned into He-Man in front of Skeletor and stayed as HM to leave Eternia to be watche dover by the remain heroic warriors.

Emiliano did a great story (that led him getting the 200x comic gig) called "Home Coming" which involves He-Man returning to Eternia after the mission in the future/space. King Hss now ruled Eternia with Teela taken as his bride as a peace treaty. Pretty cool stuff that many folks liked.

Well, perhaps I ought to give it a second chance, someday. For me, even if it's set in the same continuity, the characters, style and tone of the whole thing just turned me off... Almost like the opposite of a spiritual successor, I guess.

But, like I said, perhaps I should watch it sometime. If I like it, it wouldn't be the first time I disliked something initially only to like it later. :)

Back