Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The rumor is not NA she-ra. The rumor is concept she-ra.

The latest minicomi has a new She-Ra design which is meant to be her New Adventures outfit.

Mermaids are sexy. :) Plus, it's "canon". And not NA.

I don't see how POP is canon and NA is not. Weather we like it or nor all three are canon.

But let it be known that despite the POP bashing that goes on, ya'll want a mermaid over a space She-Ra. :D

The latest minicomi has a new She-Ra design which is meant to be her New Adventures outfit.

I don't see how POP is canon and NA is not. Weather we like it or nor all three are canon.

But let it be known that despite the POP bashing that goes on, ya'll want a mermaid over a space She-Ra. :D

This. Either/or, I'm fine with Hera ( concept shera) or whatever she looks like in the minicomic. More powerful women are allways welcome on my shelves.

Where as I don't see what's specifically bad about a mermaid. Mermaids can be really cool when done right.

Oh would never say anything about liking mermaids being a bad thing! I just think its ironic is all. :)

I have different reasons for wanting Mermista....one reason is because my niece seems to like Mermaids and it would make a cool gift...

the other reason is because she is a greek mythlogy (Nephilim) type character,which in the sense,she is no different than the rest of the half man,half beasts in the MOTU Universe

I have different reasons for wanting Mermista....one reason is because my niece seems to like Mermaids and it would make a cool gift...

the other reason is because she is a greek mythlogy (Nephilim) type character,which in the sense,she is no different than the rest of the half man,half beasts in the MOTU Universe

Except she is not MOTU, she is POP which is a 'girls brand' to use your words.

It's no big deal or anything but I surely cannot be the only one see the irony in all this. Considering what has been said in these boards but a few pages ago.

Except she is not MOTU, she is POP which is a 'girls brand' to use your words.

It's no big deal or anything but I surely cannot be the only one see the irony in all this. Considering what has been said in these boards but a few pages ago.

I know she is POP and I am buying Mermista for a Girl ;)

announcement was just made. 97% is the final tally, but it's enough to push it through.

posted March 11, 2014 10:54 AMHide Post
You have the power She-Ra fans! Or is that the honor?! Either way, we just hit our mark for the 2014 Princess of Power Club Etheria sub with 97% of the minimum we needed. While not exactly 100%, that is so darn close and we don’t want to be a Twigget in the mud over a few points so the sub is definitely going through. We will, however, be adjusting production and it is likely the quotas for any potential day-of stock for the Club Etheria figures will be EXTREMELY low. But the good news is if you are a sub holder, not only are you getting six amazing POP figures and the incredible Light Hope figure, but big picture we have taken another HUGE step in completing the vintage road map! The POP sub secures the 2014 POP figures and leaves us free to now add new and additional POP figures to 2015, and assuming we sell-in the 2015 sub, we will indeed finish off both the vintage MOTU and POP lines in Classics – as well as some other A-list figs from media and other sources!

So way to go She-Ra fans! We couldn’t be more excited and are ready to gear up now to sell-in the 2015 sub and truly make toy history! A huge sincere thanks to all the POP fans who went above and beyond to help promote Club Etheria, run match campaigns, run banner ads, and help keep the heat on – we couldn’t have done it without you. We made it to another huge milestone and the best is yet to come.

For the Honor of Grayskull!!!

Scott

--Matty

97%? wow...well that is because some CRAZY org members were buying 25-30 subs per person....that is just crazy to spend money on figures just to help a sub go through

hey, if it gets us to 2015, with all figures released, and they're happy about it, whatever floats their boat. We've got guys on this board who buy sideshow clones by the case. so takes all kinds.

What I really don't understand is why they are adjusting the day of sale quota downward when they only hit 97% of the minimum through subscriptions? I would think if anything they would want to increase the day of sale allotment to help offset the slightly lower subscriptions.

most likely, they use the 25$ upfront fee to pay for the ENTIRE planned run of the figures, so that 100% of the sales is all profit. so they're missing some of that money, they scale back producction a little bit.

most likely, they use the 25$ upfront fee to pay for the ENTIRE planned run of the figures, so that 100% of the sales is all profit.

I highly doubt they can produce 7 figures for $25. There's a lot more overhead at Mattel that goes into making these things.

I highly doubt they can produce 7 figures for $25. There's a lot more overhead at Mattel that goes into making these things.
Nono, you misunderstand. That, Or I explained myself poorly

I'm assuming that this money will cover the TOOLING COSTS of all 7 figures.

The POP sub secures the 2014 POP figures and leaves us free to now add new and additional POP figures to 2015, and assuming we sell-in the 2015 sub, we will indeed finish off both the vintage MOTU and POP lines in Classics – as well as some other A-list figs from media and other sources!

So they are still going to dump POP figures in 2015? I thought the threat was they'd only do that if the sub didn't go through?

Or did I read that wrong?

Back