Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's crazy. I was talking to a guy the other day that worked out a deal with his local WalMart manager just so that he and his friends could get the WM exclusive wave. The manager agreed to order a certain number of cases.
The Mattel rep told him he couldn't have the amount he ordered. He saiid that store was alotted 1 case, so that's all they got.:confused:

Mattel sure loves to destroy their successful toy lines. DCUC had the potential to become the next Toy Biz Marvel if it was handled correctly.

Is there a list of confirmed subscription and bonus figures for the rest of the year?

I don't know all the ins and outs of Toybiz's downfall, but I do know that toward the tail end, their Marvel Legends were a real pale imitation of what they were previously. Both in terms of quality and their strategy regarding the figures and box sets to be released. Mattel seems to only be improving in terms of the quality of their toys, and is effectively spacing out "big time" releases in both their DCUC and MOTUC lines, ensuring that people are going to stay interested longer. Collectors are going ape-____ for them, because they are so great.

Yeah, the customer service and online ordering sucks, but as long as they keep cranking out solid product and do it in a forward-thinking way, collectors are gonna eat the ____ their fed and will continue to give Matty their money.

I ended up by getting 3 BC's, 3 TJ (sub only, didn't get any extra from today), and 4 stands. I only wanted 2 sets of stands, but in the chaos, there were four in my cart and I didn't try to fix it. If I had, I would have missed out.

maintaining a MIB and a loose collection is getting expensive. I don't know why I'm doing it.

I ended up by getting 3 BC's, 3 TJ (sub only, didn't get any extra from today), and 4 stands. I only wanted 2 sets of stands, but in the chaos, there were four in my cart and I didn't try to fix it. If I had, I would have missed out.

maintaining a MIB and a loose collection is getting expensive. I don't know why I'm doing it.

Keep em' loose, like your women! Hey I have two subs because I am a paint prick and want my pick of the litter. Besides these are still cheaper than 12" or statues.

I don't know all the ins and outs of Toybiz's downfall, but I do know that toward the tail end, their Marvel Legends were a real pale imitation of what they were previously. Both in terms of quality and their strategy regarding the figures and box sets to be released. Mattel seems to only be improving in terms of the quality of their toys, and is effectively spacing out "big time" releases in both their DCUC and MOTUC lines, ensuring that people are going to stay interested longer. Collectors are going ape-____ for them, because they are so great.

Yeah, the customer service and online ordering sucks, but as long as they keep cranking out solid product and do it in a forward-thinking way, collectors are gonna eat the ____ their fed and will continue to give Matty their money.

As long as they don't sell the license to Hasbro, the quality should remain the same. However, Toy Biz Marvel Legends lasted for a very long time and the price was always pretty reasonable at $8.99 to $10.00. I think the $15 price tag is pretty steep for DCUC especially when they usually have loose joints whenever I buy them. What can I say, I hate loose joints. Thankfully MOTUC doesn't usually suffer that problem, but there are a few exceptions such as Beast Man and Bobble Head Teela.

my theory is that skiman doesn't have any figures. he just finds pics of boxes and photoshops them into his living room. he only has that one loose mer-man. this is just my theory. you're welcome to your own. oh...and write that down.

my theory is that skiman doesn't have any figures. he just finds pics of boxes and photoshops them into his living room. he only has that one loose mer-man. this is just my theory. you're welcome to your own. oh...and write that down.
I have known this for a long time now, but didn't want to publicly embarrass the poor bastard. Nice guy, The Craw.

Could this also mean that his 1/6 toaster over is not real :confused:

Yes, Skiman always posts that he purchased 50 figures or photoshops tons of MOTUC boxes on top of each other. It's a sideshow freaks MOTUC thread tradition. People get pissed off at him every time, so I guess that's a tradition as well.

I am not mad at Skiman or anyone....he can buy as much as he wants....I know what ski does on here :) its cool....though I dont understand the hoarding and buying so many if he really is buying that much

I don't think Matty is getting any better with their ordering. It
s botched every time. I was very freaking upset I didn't get a Trap Jaw. I figured this would happen if I didn't get a subscription... I don't need every figure, but jeez... :( Any of you subbers out there want to help me out on a Trappy? LMK.

Those charges should be pending and will more than likely fall off your account within a few days. Just check back and make sure they didn't go through.

Read the thread more often, he's kidding.

See above, you do read this thread and should know better. :lol

sorry bro I'm not going to go through all those pages just to try and see if he's actually kidding or not.

Back