Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bit and ordered a MAA to go with the BC. I'm hoping they'll combine shipping as if it were all ordered at the same time.

SnakeDoc

Telling you guys, it's 1987 all over again. That subscription is the same as they did with retailers.

Mattel keeps doing the same thing and don't learn from experience.
This wouldn't be so bad but when it happens we loose our beloved MOTU....again.

Telling you guys, it's 1987 all over again. That subscription is the same as they did with retailers.

Third time's the charm. :lol

Are you talking about "locking" retailers into buying so much product? In 1987.

Just like trying to "lock" people into a subscription?

I really just do not get it. They have the numbers of all the past sales and sell out times. It would seem to reason that going into production for rereleases would be more expensive. Especially when they do it 3-4 times with the same figure.

As a business, it just does not make sense to me. First it started out as they would up the numbers produced when they gauge sales. Then they stated they wanted to have figures last on the site for a few weeks. Recently they have said that they will only produce a limited amount above the subscription.

It would stand to reason, that if a figure sells out in 30 minutes that they could at least double the amount made. Take a look at the WTB at the Org. , and you will see how many true fans got left out in the cold. I am no business major, but surely they can figure this out.

Bit and ordered a MAA to go with the BC. I'm hoping they'll combine shipping as if it were all ordered at the same time.

SnakeDoc
:lol:lol:rotfl:lol
that's a good one. one time they shipped my orders in seperate boxes but at the same damn time. sub figure and bonus figure went on the truck together, rode together, and landed on my doorstep together. cost me $20 to ship them both.

Ski-man what is the point?? you plan on opening a mom and pop shop??

Yes, Skiman always posts that he purchased 50 figures or photoshops tons of MOTUC boxes on top of each other. It's a sideshow freaks MOTUC thread tradition. People get pissed off at him every time, so I guess that's a tradition as well.

The shame of it is that the fans are devoted and the creative people are doing some of the best work the action figure industry has ever seen (on MOTU and DCU) but it can all be spoiled by the business end.

Yes, Skiman always posts that he purchased 50 figures or photoshops tons of MOTUC boxes on top of each other. It's a sideshow freaks MOTUC thread tradition. People get pissed off at him every time, so I guess that's a tradition as well.

The anger makes him stronger, too.

The shame of it is that the fans are devoted and the creative people are doing some of the best work the action figure industry has ever seen (on MOTU and DCU) but it can all be spoiled by the business end.

True but like Eamon said with their allocation of the DCUC they are shooting off their own d_ck.

does anyone else think that matty should lower the amount of items a person is allowed to check out, i mean this is a line meant for collectors who on earth other than scalpers would need 10 battle cat figures?

True but like Eamon said with their allocation of the DCUC they are shooting off their own d_ck.

Absolutely right.
I do some work for my buddy at his comic shop and every time I'm there I stare at his wall full of DCU and I tell him, "you know if those were $8.99 I would buy every one of them right?" And he's like "you and everyone else."
The fact is, the price that he has to pay is ridiculous and they keep raising it for retailers. I don't know how anybody has the money for those BAFs.

does anyone else think that matty should lower the amount of items a person is allowed to check out, i mean this is a line meant for collectors who on earth other than scalpers would need 10 battle cat figures?

The sad fact is that Matty doesn't care who's buying, as loong as they buy.

Alot of overseas folks combine shipping with their buddies to save cash. I do not think lowering the limit is the answer. You could always make multiple accounts to get by this anyway. Personally I do not see a true answer to the problem, I just see that there is a problem with Matty in its current state.

I agree on the DCUC figures. I thought $11.99 was high and now that they've gone up to $15, I'm really getting sick of it. Especially when I can't find them anywhere and the joints or loose and they have paint issues.

I agree on the DCUC figures. I thought $11.99 was high and now that they've gone up to $15, I'm really getting sick of it. Especially when I can't find them anywhere and the joints or loose and they have paint issues.

It's crazy. I was talking to a guy the other day that worked out a deal with his local WalMart manager just so that he and his friends could get the WM exclusive wave. The manager agreed to order a certain number of cases.
The Mattel rep told him he couldn't have the amount he ordered. He saiid that store was alotted 1 case, so that's all they got.:confused:

Back