Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK,
here's a crazy theory...
What if... there's a bunch of DR employees buying these and re-selling them on Ebay?...
That way, they can get around the system, and ensure they are getting them?...
I know it sounds a bit out there, but otherwise, how do you explain the ridiculous sell out times?
Low quantities or what?

OK,
here's a crazy theory...
What if... there's a bunch of DR employees buying these and re-selling them on Ebay?...
I know it sounds a bit out there, but otherwise, how do you explain the ridiculous sell out times?
Low quantities or what?

It's a valid point and I really wouldn't be surprised. :

OK,
here's a crazy theory...
Low quantities or what?

Well, what do you think these losers make? $8-10/hour, max?

I wouldn't put it past them, I'm sure they'd love to make a buck.

Well, my friend wasn't able to get through for Tytus. According to him, he had it in his cart but it was giving him a weird credit card error. I guess I'll have to wait for the reissue or a kind board member to hook me up.

With 30 minutes until order time, I slammed my dogs tail in my truck door. It literally removed an inch of her tail. Needless to say, I had to go to the vet. So, I did not get a chance to try to order. :gah:

I guess it's off to ebay. :(

I'm glad I don't collect this line. I love MOTU and these classic figs. Always had the itch to start up a collection, but figured that I would've jumped in too late (think Stratos 1st release). I honestly feel bad that Matty does this to real MOTU fans like yourselves. It seems like every release is worse than the next...and most of these pieces are going to scalpers rather in the hands of people that actually want these.

I'm sure the majority of folks already have subscriptions, but would it kill them to offer the special or reissue figures to the subscribers before they go on sale en masse to the public? Or multiple release dates, that are actually announced, maybe a few days or a week apart... there are plenty of ways that they could attempt to avoid this crap.

Boba Ben's reaction to not getting a Tytus:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/LRWcPoxmZos&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/LRWcPoxmZos&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Well, my friend wasn't able to get through for Tytus. According to him, he had it in his cart but it was giving him a weird credit card error. I guess I'll have to wait for the reissue or a kind board member to hook me up.

Apparently a lot of people got the credit card error and couldn't get their orders in. When you're dealing with a nine minute window and a refresh screen, credit card errors are pretty crippling. :panic:

I'm sure Matty will issue an apology for all the credit card errors this week as that seems to be the standard for each new error they have every month. "But buy the $400 subscription and don't worry!"

I was going to try and order Optikk, but I was at a client's office from 10 until 2, so I was fairly confident he'd be sold out but the time I got back. Surprise surprise, he was sold out.

That credit card error was happening because they were sold out.

My friend said he got all the way through the order process in the first three minutes and it gave him the CC error. He went back through the process and still had him in the cart and at that point, none of the credit card info was showing up at all. I think it was caused by Mattel's crappy website.

I was going to try and order Optikk, but I was at a client's office from 10 until 2, so I was fairly confident he'd be sold out but the time I got back. Surprise surprise, he was sold out.

Send me a PM if you need an Optikk. :D

I'm sure the majority of folks already have subscriptions, but would it kill them to offer the special or reissue figures to the subscribers before they go on sale en masse to the public? Or multiple release dates, that are actually announced, maybe a few days or a week apart... there are plenty of ways that they could attempt to avoid this crap.

That's about the only good thing I can say about Gentle Giant. They offer items to their club members first and if there are any left, they offer them to the public.

something's fishy about this whole thing. by my watch he was sold out around 12:17 est. how could that be? no one on this site should by one from ebay. screw them. just wait till matty re-releases tytus.

Back