Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bttf.gif

dr-emmett-brown.jpg

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:exactly:

I see young Padawan. Things you will see: the future, the past, old friends long gone. See the future but not at the expense of the moment. SO GIMME A ____IN' TYTUS! Pwease?

gotta remember to put in my time off for the 15th. Don't wanna miss out on Keldor since he is prob my favorite of the 200x line.

Just watch, Ill get the time off, then Ill miss out on the sale.

Happy Geek Pride Day! Or if you're a Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy fan (whcih probably makes you a geek as well), Happy Towel Day! I'm celebrating by reviewing another MOTUC figure tonight, the giant Tytus. He's not going to end up in my top 5, but I have to say that I really dig him.

You can find all the reviews at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael
MWC

Happy Geek Pride Day! Or if you're a Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy fan (whcih probably makes you a geek as well), Happy Towel Day! I'm celebrating by reviewing another MOTUC figure tonight, the giant Tytus. He's not going to end up in my top 5, but I have to say that I really dig him.

You can find all the reviews at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael
MWC
good review. you better check your links though. i tried to access the review from the "all reviews" page and it took me to the DC wave 12 review.

i find it odd that mattel needed to limit articulation and use rotocast for this figure to keep the price down. BC is solid and loaded with articulation and he was only $30. they can probably only use the BC mold for a couple more toys but they could have used a decent tytus body for an entire line of 12in Masters to spread out the cost more.

i find it odd that mattel needed to limit articulation and use rotocast for this figure to keep the price down. BC is solid and loaded with articulation and he was only $30. they can probably only use the BC mold for a couple more toys but they could have used a decent tytus body for an entire line of 12in Masters to spread out the cost more.

sniff sniff.....I smell bull ____.

A $100 pricepoint for a fully articulated Tytus is pretty hard to believe. They produced large scale DC figures that featured the same articulation as the smaller DC figures and they were $30. They're guaranteed a sellout with Tytus even at $50-$60.

sniff sniff.....I smell bull ____.

A $100 pricepoint for a fully articulated Tytus is pretty hard to believe. They produced large scale DC figures that featured the same articulation as the smaller DC figures and they were $30. They're guaranteed a sellout with Tytus even at $50-$60.

When did they do that? As I pointed out in the review, the DC 12" figures aer similar, but generally slightly *less* articulated than this guy.

Now, Mattel did 12" Marvel figures that were much better articulated, matching their smaller 6" Legends line in style. Is that what you're thinking of?

When did they do that? As I pointed out in the review, the DC 12" figures aer similar, but generally slightly *less* articulated than this guy.

Now, Mattel did 12" Marvel figures that were much better articulated, matching their smaller 6" Legends line in style. Is that what you're thinking of?

272016145o.jpg

I was talking about the Giants of Justice line, which I've never collected. I thought they were as articulated as the DC Universe Classics line, but looking at a few pics, I think they actually might not have the same amount of articulation as the little guys. I've only held the Killer Croc one in my hands and his smaller scale figure already had limited articulation anyhow.

The Marvel Icons line by Toy Biz was awesomely articulated and very detailed at a really affordable price of $20. I know times have changed and Toy Biz always seemed to provide a lot of bang for one's buck, but $100 Tytus with ball jointed shoulders and hip joints seems very, very steep in my opinion. Especially when Battle Cat was extremely articulated, made of solid plastic, and came in at $30. I could see paying $60 for a fully articulated Tytus, but that's about it. At this point, I wish I could just have a Tytus at all since I wasn't able to get my order through.

71624%20Venom2.jpg

Back