Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have a "custom" project in mind for some display options. Going to try my hand at making some environmental bases. Will take some pics as I go along. They may turn out looking like total crap and I will have wasted $50 in material (from Michael's), but maybe not.

So not sure what to think yet. May have wasted my money, but I'm going to follow through with this project for now.

I started off using styrofoam, but quickly learned that spray paint eats up styrofoam. I even but the "gentle" spray paint used on floral arrangements, but then once I applied the spray can sealer, it ate up the styrofoam quickly. So I decided to try balsa wood, and I'm glad I switched over to that, which is much more durable.

The design is very simple. Basically, I wanted to create some Risers so I can elevate my figures in the back. So I'm trying to go for a castle wall look here. This is very sturdy, been glued and screwed together. I used a dremel to cut the balsa wood wall. I need to hit up Michaels again so I can get a piece of balsa wood to close off the sides of the wall.

Overall length is 24-inches. There's roughly $15 in material shown. paint and stones will add more.

I plan on spray painting the entire thing a green, and then going over and doing some painting to make it look like individuals stones on the caste wall. May do some relief cuts/carving for the actual stones to give it some texture. And on the ground, I plan to use some real gravel and sand and stones to give it a natural look. I think I should be able to glue it in place and then seal it.

I want to add foot pegs, but I can't find anything that will work.

Here is what I got done in about an hour and a half.

IMG_0221Medium.jpg

IMG_0223Medium.jpg

IMG_0224Medium.jpg

IMG_0225Medium.jpg

IMG_0226Medium.jpg

Yep...

Man Keldor is making me nervous! I REALLY want this one. She-Ra is secured with my sub, just have to secure Keldor and Faker. Should be interesting.

I hate same day releases with the other stuff they put on sale. The ultimate site bog down. They really need to separate this stuff out more between the different toy lines. MOTU on the 15th, DCU on the 16th, GB on 17th etc...

Don't worry Scott, I'll definitely be getting on of you!

As for you display... That's fully awesome! I'm not sure how deep the scratches are, but so far it looks great... Once you've painted it I'm sure you'll be really happy with it!

Good Job! :clap

I've got to accuire two Keldors. One for myself, one for artistrex, here's hoping all goes well. Anyone got the link for the page that has everything that's going up for sale today so you can order all at one time?

That looks very interesting so fat Scott!

As for Whiplash! He's awesome. One of my favs this one and I do believe I will keep him with his original head. Looks more brutish I think.

Back