Medicom Anakin Skywalker ROTS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Medicom Anakin ep3

Medicom has become hit or miss for me. I like the expression on Anakin a bit more than the Sideshow version. I haven't been very impressed with a lot of the movie license figures. This one shows a step forward though. I appreciate the articulation at the wrist.

Sideshow dropped the ball a bit in locking the wrist on Anakin. I think that the outfit on the Sideshow version is better though. Again, time will tell once the finished product rolls in. It is just so hard to justify the Medicom versions when the Sideshow products are just as good and generally half as expensive. It has been easier to stretch when the lines weren't overlapping, but I have a feeling that the armored figures are going to start rolling out in droves from SS.

I like the SS version better. I really don't like the hair on the Medi and I do not like the broken look in the wrist of the glove hand. It's funny because everyone complains about SS and the exposed joins yet praise Medi for a exposed joint in the wrist on a glove hand. For double the price I think Medi could have done a better job of making the wrist bend yet hide the joint. Almost triple with shipping.

20080621_af17803a8bdfab208cc5kJQoqy82xY3D.jpg

Hello Big Nose!

Yeah that's a big nose although the light is exaggerating it just a bit. I added some brightness to the photos cause it was kinda dark. I really hope SS announces this in the newsletter.

20080621_af17803a8bdfab208cc5kJQoqy.jpg

20080621_af17803a8bdfab208cc5kJQ-1.jpg

20080621_eea810753a407b8f51d3GeJQhc.jpg

What is it with Medicom and the big noses anyway? It reminds me of that Monty Python sketch where Graham Chapman plays a director with enormous buck teeth and only puts people with same enormous teeth in his movies. I can just picture a Medicom sculptor with an enormous, cartoonish nose sculpting away with utter content wondering what all the fuss is about.

I think the light is exaggerating the big nose thing. From the pics I can tell that the bridge of the nose is not big, but the bulb and the"wings" of the nose are larger. Hayden has a sort of large nose, not quite "bulbous" , but a little full on the end and the wings of his nose are large. I guess what I am trying to say is that the end of his nose is a little wide.
002035222902.jpg
[/IMG]

cover_c.jpg

I don't think I have heard anybody comment in this thread, but I am assuming that this will come with a robe and some different hands maybe in force poses!! Great looking figure by the way.

Looks like he has the Bruce Lee type hands.

Will they include the Jedi Robe...:confused:

That "big nose" effect is just the light. These are terrible photos with bad lighting and totally off white balance, and a little out of focus!

But really, this figure looks amazing to me. I have the SS Sith Anakin, and I like it, but the Medicom looks so much more natural in his posing, and graceful in the face. Sure it costs alot more, but it's more satisfying. I'm gonna end up selling my sith anakin, and get the medi and then I'm going to paint his eyes sith yellow!

I've ended up selling my SS figures and replacing them with medicoms. The ones I have left are Obi Wan (amazing sculpture) and Sidious, but Sidious I'd let go of in anticipation of a Medicom one as the expression is dead. Obi, I wish I could replace his body with a Hot Toys, but I won't let him go unless they make an even better one, though his face is hard to beat.

He has that dark expression!

But really, this figure looks amazing to me. I have the SS Sith Anakin, and I like it, but the Medicom looks so much more natural in his posing, and graceful in the face. Sure it costs alot more, but it's more satisfying. I'm gonna end up selling my sith anakin, and get the medi and then I'm going to paint his eyes sith yellow!

Painted eyes on this would look cool. But i think i will leave it alone.

Back