Medicom Dark Knight Batman - Photo Thread -

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, seems to be what needs to be done. Did you do this mod?

No, I've not done this particular mod, but I've used decals alot in the past with model aircraft etc, and I've used carbon fibre decals on F1 car models before. I'm really looking forward to seeing how everyone gets on with this project.

I found this pic that shows the kevlar parts very well.

thedarkknight1.jpg

These look to be silver salmis...

I did a quick ebay search and found these:

1.jpg

https://www.ebay.de/itm/260257977617?_trksid=p5197.c0.m619#ht_979wt_689

What do you guys think?

1/12 is too big. You'll see the pattern miles away at that scale. 1/24 would be perfect since thats what's for sale. The worst you could do is weather up the decals once applied to the body with Tamiya soot weathering so it's not crazy bright silver.

No, I've not done this particular mod, but I've used decals alot in the past with model aircraft etc, and I've used carbon fibre decals on F1 car models before. I'm really looking forward to seeing how everyone gets on with this project.

Yeah me too. But I must tell you I don't have half the talent some collectors have on this forum. I just started modding things here and there and it looks like I got the bug.

I found this pic that shows the kevlar parts very well.

thedarkknight1.jpg

These look to be silver salmis...

I did a quick ebay search and found these:

1.jpg

https://www.ebay.de/itm/260257977617?_trksid=p5197.c0.m619#ht_979wt_689

What do you guys think?

Nice find King.

These decals are a little pricey. Its going to be close to $30. Is that a normal price for decals? I thought the one void showed us were much cheaper.

Nice pics Zach! He looks possessed in that last one. I see your starting to get the lighting and background thing down. What are you using for the back?

Just a quick update - unfortunatly without pics. These will come tomorow.

- I found a good body for my Medi. My Medi body was damaged so I had to replace it. I am using HT Narrow legs, Slim chest and arms, long neck from HT OC Batman. I will try to hunt down Bat DX or Demon arms as the slim arms are a little thick and I expect a little more articulation with thinner arms, but I am happy for now.

- I did the chest mod, but it wont stay down. So I used the hot water method. Chest is now flat and drying. Hopefully it stays down this time.

- I did the head mod and also added a HT joint so it is compatible with the long neck.

- I removed the hand pegs from the Medi hands and am using HT

- of course Lance cape

- HT belt until I have painted the Medi belt

- only problem are the Medi boots. I tried it for 1 hr but wont get the HT feet in there. Any suggestions?

- as for the height, he fits perfectly to the DX, Demon and OC.

- Despite I am starting to like the Medi, I believe I need to get a DX chest somehow. It would really add alot to the figure...

Pics tomorow. Go to bed now. :wave

Looking forward to those King. Which mod did you use for the head? And as far as the boots, yeah,they are tough to get back on. You just have maneuver the feet through the boot to get it to lay right in the sole. It might take a while especially if you want to beef the boots up. I taped some foam around the feet to do so and I'm still ot happy with it because I had to take half the foam off I originally wanted because I couldn't get the feet through. voudon did a great job with his, I don't know how he managed.

Back