Medicom Dark Knight Batman - Photo Thread -

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to laugh now that people think the DX02 is better than a modded medi

I start to get convinced by the Medi. I tried the chest mod yesterday. Unfortunatly the glue wasnt strong enough and his chest raised back over night. I am currently taking off all the glue with some tweezers because I dont want to use spiritus on the suit and it does get no scratches despite I am pretty rude. Really good material they have used there.

Hey crack babies, I just did a video on my custom Batman figure!

https://youtu.be/tEo-BTbscos

check it out!

This is propably the best overal proportion/movement I have seen with Med suit yet. Guess I have to take mine off the Slim body and go for your variant.

Medicom suit
Hot toys narrow body (heavily modded)
Medicom RAH arms
Hot toys advanced neck and head

What is RAH arms?

Any pics of the Obama head in the Bats head?

And could you describe the mods you did to the Narrow a little pkease? :1-1:

Photo0125.jpg

Photo0129.jpg

Epic.

elvis1976, how did you safely remove the shoulder pads? I want to remove them and thread the inner part of the pads so they are tight to the body so I can get a lot of arm articulation.

6499742237_c1bc2bcda6_z.jpg

6499743225_2b377c0503_z.jpg

6499724601_a7a281b281_z.jpg

6499743503_32e5345a76_z.jpg

6494105563_cb323ff9ba_z.jpg

Vodun did you paint your cevlar parts there? This looks already amazing! :bow
Which decals did you order in that shop linked above? I believe they are the best way to go. Hell even the DX parts that are done very well could benefit from these decals. :medic

Last edited:
As far as the decals go, what about the line that goes down each breast plate? How do you manage that? Because I imagine if you took a toothpick or something and push the decal down into the groove the whole decal would be out of shape.

Lets see it when they are here. Its already clear that its not easy as someone like Seb had problems with them. On the other hand vodun showed that its possible. :)

Someone of the Medix gang willing to sell his Medicom chest? I am too lazy to remove all the glue. :lol

Ok, I tried Gipettos head widening mod...and I couldn't get it to work. I made the incision on the line like he said and squeezed to open the slit wider for the glue but I just could not get an opening like the one Gipetto's pics show. I even squeezed further than I wanted the head to be to see if I could get an opening and couldn't. So I'm just going fill that ____er with epoxy putty. To be continued on the head mod.

Now, I sent an email to the link void gave me for the carbon fiber. Why don't they just have an 'add to cart' and 'buy now' option? What's with the whole 'email us and we will get back to you' crap? Are they reputable?

@ Zach if you want to widen the head you should at least do the water trick. It's so easy it's stupid. If at any point you change your mind and want the head back to its original shape you can do that too. When it's heated it's very pliable. I'm just telling you this because you said you were afraid to screw up modding your Bats so you didn't want to try. That mod is at least reversible if needs be.

As far as the decals go, what about the line that goes down each breast plate? How do you manage that? Because I imagine if you took a toothpick or something and push the decal down into the groove the whole decal would be out of shape.

MicroSol and MicroSet are solvents used to soften decals up when they are applied. They are great at helping them to fix into panel lines and stuff on model planes. I would think they would be your best bet for this job.

I would also like to know that.
edit: Hadn't seen the reply above this post. Sorry!

MicroSol and MicroSet are solvents used to soften decals up when they are applied. They are great at helping them to fix into panel lines and stuff on model planes. I would think they would be your best bet for this job.

I understand this but if i pressed the decal into that groove it woill not fully extend to the ends of the breast plate itself therefore you'd have to cut a new piece with slightly more length. Does anyone understand what I am saying? Sorry if I'm not articulating it clearly.

Yes, you are right. You need either to cut it a little bigger or stretch it. As those lines are not very uncommon with model cars, I believe this will be possible somehow, and vodun already sowed it. Checkout his pics. You can clearly see the line. Looks to be one piece... :)

Ok, I have worked myself through this...

I am ordering:

- decals DEC26
- Mr Mark Softner MS-231

Do I also need the Mr Mark Setter MS-232?

Just got an email back about the decals and they are sold out on the DEC26! King you probably bought the last ones.:mad::lol

They did say that they have DEC25 but I don't know how they look.
Does anyone have any decals left from their mods?

Just got an email back about the decals and they are sold out on the DEC26! King you probably bought the last ones.:mad::lol

They did say that they have DEC25 but I don't know how they look.
Does anyone have any decals left from their mods?

I may have decals left, they're with Seb, so will have to ask him

I may have decals left, they're with Seb, so will have to ask him

Ok, um are you telling me to ask him or are you? Thanks

Nope did not order yet. :slap

Oh.:lol I thought you posted 'ordered' not 'ordering'. They must have just sold out too because they has them in stock when I emailed them 12 hrs ago. Looks like you and I have to find another way of getting them. I'll see what void says.

I understand this but if i pressed the decal into that groove it woill not fully extend to the ends of the breast plate itself therefore you'd have to cut a new piece with slightly more length. Does anyone understand what I am saying? Sorry if I'm not articulating it clearly.

Just cut your decal slightly oversize and when it's dry you can trim it with a sharp knife when it's in situ. Wet the excess decal that you don't want and you should be able to remove it.

Back