Medicom Dark Knight Batman - Photo Thread -

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
can we get the info on the decals? My medix seems weird with alternative patterns not matching.

Btw that head is sick!!

DSCF4558.jpg

Looks fantastic!!

Nice work on the belt fiend. I think it could be a little bit duller though.

Awesome work rollingj!

Thanks. I think it could be duller too. Can't get the color right. I'll do another coat. But then again I don't know if that will actually make it duller or just darker.

What decals did you end up using? Came out pretty perfect. :clap

can we get the info on the decals? My medix seems weird with alternative patterns not matching.

Btw that head is sick!!

:lecture:lecture:lecture Yes, I would like to know this too. :)

Oh and it looks like you painted the belt too. Looks great. What did you use?

Oh, LoL! Thought he meant the decals. Lack of sleep hasn't been doing me too well the past 3 days.

Think so? You think I got the color down?

What paint did you use? because the Vallejo bronze is near enough perfect.

Last edited:
They're from HK. Hobby Design HD04-0062 1/24 Carbon decal. I tried HD04-0055 High definition composite fiber, which was a more accurate pattern, but a bit too silvery in person (although it matches that entertainment weekly cover picture).

And I used Vallejo bronze metallic for the belt and I love the colour.

And here's a before and after:
New_1_DSCF4545.jpg
DSCF4594.jpg

Is it this one: Vallejo Model Color - Metallic Bronze VAL998?

Yep. Got the metallic but it doesn't say metallic on the bottle. That's what it said in the listing.

Anyway, I got the DX stuff. This is harder to put together than I thought. I need to find a good bonding agent that will bond rubber.

Yeah, that's the same one I used. After I painted the belt the base colour I went over the cracks and gaps with a thinned out black ink wash, and added some highlights with a bronze/silver mix. The ink wash may be why mine appears darker.

:lol I'm completely ignorant when it comes to painting. I don't know what any of that means. Black ink wash?? Highlights of a bronze/silver mix? Can to help a painting newb out and elaborate a bit.

Plus mixing colors is a real ***** for me. I'm color blind. But I'm pretty good with silver and bronze. It's the greens, yellows and browns and the blues and purples that I have a very hard time with.

:lol I'm completely ignorant when it comes to painting. I don't know what any of that means. Black ink wash?? Highlights of a bronze/silver mix? Can to help a painting newb out and elaborate a bit.

Plus mixing colors is a real ***** for me. I'm color blind. But I'm pretty good with silver and bronze. It's the greens, yellows and browns and the blues and purples that I have a very hard time with.

Hey, sorry. I haven't checked into this thread for a while. I think your belt needs another coat of the metallic bronze. You can still see some of the orange showing through.

The black ink wask is just watered down black ink that I used in the nooks and crannies of the belt to help give it a sense of depth. And i lightly brushed a mix of the bronze with a little silver onto some of the edges, to simulate them catching the light. Nothing fancy really.

Hope that helps :)

Is it recommend to use HT HS/cowl on medicom TDK body? Just something extra to work on for me.

Back