Medicom Dark Knight Batman - Photo Thread -

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool ! I don't supose anyone has a spare head that they would be willing to let go ? :pray: I'd love to add this to my figure and if I can get one make an empty cowl for it . I'm sure that the empty cowls available are taken from the HT head, would that be correct ?

After a week of practising on old Action Man heads from when I was a kid, I took the plunge and reapinted my Medi head last night. I've never done anything like this before on my figures so I'm happy for my first attempt :) Hot Toys need to hurry up and give us the DX12 so I can put this on it!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

After a week of practising on old Action Man heads from when I was a kid, I took the plunge and reapinted my Medi head last night. I've never done anything like this before on my figures so I'm happy for my first attempt :) Hot Toys need to hurry up and give us the DX12 so I can put this on it!!

:clap Good job B and J! I think it's very nice for your first attempt. Did you do a base coat first or just strip the paint and start painting over it. Any tips would be great!

Ski's paintwork really is amazing.

Yeah. I know I sound like a broken record but the texture is unbelievable. If you didn't know better and saw it in hand you wouldn't think this was a custom paint job with acrylics. You know how HT's texture is? Yeah...

Hey seb any suggestions on how to switch the chests piece of a dxo2 onto the medi?

I have an extra piece I wanna slap onto my medi ...also I still need to figure out how to take a part the upper torso of the dx02

I would think you just take off the front chest plate, shoulder pads and those two plates on his back and slip the DX plate over. :dunno Of course while taking precaution not to cut too much into the suit. Well, at least parts you can't cover up.

Looks great, congratulations :clap

Before

IMG029.jpg

After

IMG_1495.jpg

:lol

ooops sorry just can't keep up :p
from front Mediboobs just look too boobastic, the DX02 just is less boobilicious

I wanted to play too! :monkey3

He arrived today. Have widened the head, stuffed the neck, swapped out the cape and done the chest mod. Thanks to everyone for the 'how to' posts and suggestions.

New_1_DSCF4543.jpg

Also added elastic fabric strapping to connect the shoulder plates to the chest piece. (Head looks a bit big here but it's just perspective; he's leaning forwards)

New_1_DSCF4545.jpg

Next stop, get rid of the 'medi hip thrust' and pad out the mid-section a little. Waiting for carbon decals and paint for the belt to arrive, then a repaint of the head. This is so much fun!!!

I can't believe how disparaging I was about the Medi before. It doesn't have the immediate quality of the Hot Toys DX, but with a little love and attention it really can look so much more screen accurate.

Even after falling in love with the dx12 I still find myself wanting a medi to modify. It looks like you have fun doing it and the end result is awesome. Plus I could use 2 TDK batman figures in the collection.

If anyone is selling one let me know!!

Back