Medicom DK

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
*credit: moncikoma
3452769991_b25c5be7c2.jpg

HT belt is still the best though :)

i think this one has been posted before
TDKMed5.jpg

yep - gotta agree. the colour is quite off. the grappling gun looks kinda small and cheap too. has anyone posted how to do the cowl trick yet?

Im sure what evilface means is, with direct light and seeing all the colors and plastic shine on the figure that pic makes the medi look toyish, its a good pose and a great photo, but it shows off the toyish quality of the cast plastics and colors of the figure.

Now if the colors were more muted, and the belt the proper color it would look better, but you can adjust alot in photos, tins just showing the figure off in its accurate colors so nothing wrong with that, just can look toyish.

I know alot of people rave about the HT belt,a nd i like it too but its actually oversized, mainly the buckle, the Medi's belt is technically more accurate size, just has the wrong layout (no capsule on the right side) and wrong color. I think repainted it'd be fine though.

EDIT

Here's what a little color adjusting can do:
TDKMed5.jpg

Im even tempted to get this figure just to see what i could do with it to make it better, but with the HT DX looming and the fact that it would come with accessories i'd want, its almost pointless to lay down the money on the medi right now.

Last edited:
Okay, I just got this guy at a local shop and all I gotta say is wow.

Height wise, he is much taller and bigger than the regular Medicom figure.
Perfect fit with HT Joker.

Love the fully wired cape.

I have yet to take it out of the box tho I got to see the fig at the shop display. Awesome. For about $135, damn worth it.

I have yet to take it out of the box tho I got to see the fig at the shop display. Awesome. For about $135, damn worth it.

$135!! Are you in HK? Damn, wish I could get it at that price... Would you be willing to buy one and ship it to me if i send you the money? lol:wacky

Whoa Scarlet you got the figure for an excellent price indeed! :banana

Hehe, I live in Singapore like Kazukijun. Yeah the price is approximately US135.
It's Singpore $190 actually but it's around that ballpark. Like I said many times, Medicom is pretty reasonably priced here or around the region.

The price, most times are cheaper than HT and the difference between the newer priced Sideshow figures are about US$20 nowadays(SG180 Medi Clone vs SG150 SS Clone)

Would love to help you guys but I got the last piece. Tho I know some of the other shops have yet to receive their stocks(probably by next week) for
SG$190 too.

Also there's shipping cost (bout US$35)if you guys want me to send it to you. Don't forget the paypal fees. Don't know if it's worth it when they are all added up.

It's about there. But don't forget the price of the parcel box bubble wrap, etc...

Hehe, I live in Singapore like Kazukijun. Yeah the price is approximately US135.
It's Singpore $190 actually but it's around that ballpark. Like I said many times, Medicom is pretty reasonably priced here or around the region.

The price, most times are cheaper than HT and the difference between the newer priced Sideshow figures are about US$20 nowadays(SG180 Medi Clone vs SG150 SS Clone)

Would love to help you guys but I got the last piece. Tho I know some of the other shops have yet to receive their stocks(probably by next week) for
SG$190 too.

Also there's shipping cost (bout US$35)if you guys want me to send it to you. Don't forget the paypal fees. Don't know if it's worth it when they are all added up.

that's very cool of you to offer scarlet! but for a mere $15 saving, i for one wouldn't want to give you the added hassle. plus you're right, the paypal fees would knock most of that saving right out. plus finding the boxes and shipping out and ... ugh - it's too much man.

just make sure you post some killer pics!

Yeah, I would love to help you guys out especially my buddies like 8thS but after Paypal+Shipping+packing cost= not sure that difference is that great.
I guess us guys living around the region may feel a lil bit more lucky.
Cheers

i think the US guys are still OK. europe is the worst for availability, shipping costs and retail price. we get royally screwed on all fronts. plus with the exchange rate the way it is, even ebay is not as cheap a route as it used to be. i think hot toys and medicom need an established and strong UK retailer, not like fp or play.com (that don't even get most of the figures in despite taking preorders). if we had someone dedicated to just HT or medicom (like breakersrevenge is to enterbay), not only would we get better service but also better prices. medi should look into it but i don't think they care enough to do so. we're just not that large a customer base for them.

thanks again scarlet - i'm hoping my order for this goes through on rakuten. sold my HT so this'll be a nice replacement. looking forward to the DX HT version too.

You're right, after accounting for all the fees (paypal is the killer one), it will end up only saving me max $15 if you were to send it to me Scarlet, but thanks for offering!

I'm going to go through my regular ebay guys I guess

I had my doubts about this figure, but it seems that Medicom really came through. While I won't be getting this figure, it does look very good. If I wasn't happy with the HT one or they weren't coming out with a DX version of the TDK figure, I might consider picking up this figure.

Congrats to those that have it and dig it.

Back