Medicom DK

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have to wonder why they didn't use those legs in the first place.

They're cotton happy.

I still want it. Strange that Toys2 doesn't have it. And DCDirect is only importing the Bruce Wayne.

I guess it'll be BigBadToyStore, then.

I wonder that too, maybe they just thought the muscles were not enough to bring out the full effect of the leg structure....but it sure did cost me alot of work.

hmm well it's parcelforce for me too, but i've never been caught out. The one time i've had to pay import fees has been for a US to UK delivery, and I'm certain it's because in that instance the seller had not marked down the value of the goods.

Whenever I buy from HK i specifically ensure that the value of the goods has been marked down. If the declared value is only $20 as opposed to $150, then the customs folk wouldn't bother with duty.

Mine was only marked as $30 :s

I wonder that too, maybe they just thought the muscles were not enough to bring out the full effect of the leg structure....but it sure did cost me alot of work.

They did the same for the MGS4 Raiden didn't they?

Except they also used tape.

It just seems so cheap. Especially for this price.

There is a £50 limit on gifts being import duty free into the UK. Over that value and a tax is applied even if it is sent as a gift.

I think somebody translated the article and it said that Hot Toys had plans for a DX version.

since when have the words "plans" and "confirmation" begin to have the same meaning?

okay, the plans may be there, but hell, there are "plans" to make space travel commercial, but you don't see them around for the next few days do you?

same here, there may be plans, but IF they will get executed is one thing and IF they do get executed, we sure as hell don't now WHEN...

Don't know whether to order one from an ebay retailer from abroad, or wait for one to pop up on ebay uk. I'm guessing the prices will be higher on the few that pop up over here though.

duuuh, all things found in europe that are from hong kong are much more expensive than when you buy it directly from hong kong itself, even with shipping it still stays cheaper.

I thought you guys would know that by now....

They did, so you were correct by putting the HT DX TDK Bats is pretty much confirmed.

dude, either it is confirmed or it ain't.
Cause pretty much and confirmed afther each other in one sentence is a good example of contradiction. :)

I highly recommend you buy from a HK seller because, as you put, UK sellers always inflate the prices.

true, avoid european sellers, they are to expensive, but it normal cause they have to pay for shipping as well AND earn something with it also.

so safe + cheap => reliable ebay seller from HK
very safe (but expensive) => buying in native european country

Lastly, my pics sucks cos its 4am in the morning and I have no choice but to use flash.

actually, that is the best detailed picture quality of the figure i've seen + finally we see the back :)

seriously, you seem to have a very descent camera, such greath sharpness and details, very clear pictures dude!

would love to see picures of your future spare medi bats...

since when have the words "plans" and "confirmation" begin to have the same meaning?

okay, the plans may be there, but hell, there are "plans" to make space travel commercial, but you don't see them around for the next few days do you?

same here, there may be plans, but IF they will get executed is one thing and IF they do get executed, we sure as hell don't now WHEN...

I think there is a bigger chance of it happening then of it not happening. Even if it would never happen I still have my version 1 Hot Toys TDK figure which I am quite fond of. Admittedly the Medicom version is better from what I can tell though.

Terrible example Riko. Biggest difference being: HT has already made a TDK Batman figure + There's already 1 MMS DX figure confirmed and coming out. Which is: an upgraded v.1 Joker. It's essentially the same figure with upgrades.

With your example you're acting like there's this huge hurdle for HT to overcome in order to put out a MMS DX TDK Batman. And the truth is, there isn't.

Everything you're saying now was said before about the v.1 Joker. And now you see everyone was wrong, because HT did exactly what people said they wouldn't: upgraded the v.1 Joker.

I get the feeling you really like the Medicom TDK Batman, which is cool. But I also get the feeling like you REALLY want to declare Medicom the "Winner" of the best TDK Batman suit in whatever competition you and others have made up with Medicom vs. Hot Toys. :lol

What? Where?
I would really love to own this figure, but man, where should the money come from? I thought of buying the Deluxe one from HT, but now I really don't know what to do.

If it would be ~120-150$ plus shipping to Europe, I would grab it immediatly. But with those high prices, I think I'll pass on it. Too bad it looks so good on Agens pics. :sick

Well I got this in Hong Kong as I live in there so practically everything's the cheapest......

I think if the medicom was a midget, i'd be put off. But am I right in saying he looks a tiny bit taller than the HT? Awesome

Yeah it's about the same height as the HT .. so the good thing is you could actually pose it with the HT jokers.. .. nice stuff..

Well the suit is very good but one thing I still have a gripe about is how the cape is just slapped on the shoulders... it would be much better if the cape is INSIDE the attachment.

BUT yeah get this figure, even if the DX is out ... there's so many things you could do with the batman figures since there are so many 12" jokers .... and not to mention .. batpods./. batmobiles..

so .. one bat vs. joker (HT DX?) .. one bat stand alone (Medi)... another bat on batpod (HT).... original suit (HT) in batmobile.. etc..

Yeah it's about the same height as the HT .. so the good thing is you could actually pose it with the HT jokers.. .. nice stuff.. QUOTE]

Can anyone who had purchase this Batman take a quick pic next to it, I saw the one back to back, but looking for a side to side/ shoulder to shoulder. I'm really thinking of making the purchase but just need to see more pic comparison either with a HT bats or HT Two Face, or Joker.

Pity you don't explain why you don't get caught.

Not really, I still won't get charges and that's the main thing.

dude, either it is confirmed or it ain't.
Cause pretty much and confirmed afther each other in one sentence is a good example of contradiction. :)

True, they do contradict each other somewhat, however that is the best way to put what we have to go on at the moment. HT have stated they plan to make DX #2 TDK Bats, so it is pretty much not 'if' but 'when'. It could still be a year or so off, but seeing as they have stated they plan for one, that is pretty much confirmed until they announce.

Terrible example Riko. Biggest difference being: HT has already made a TDK Batman figure + There's already 1 MMS DX figure confirmed and coming out. Which is: an upgraded v.1 Joker. It's essentially the same figure with upgrades.

With your example you're acting like there's this huge hurdle for HT to overcome in order to put out a MMS DX TDK Batman. And the truth is, there isn't.

Everything you're saying now was said before about the v.1 Joker. And now you see everyone was wrong, because HT did exactly what people said they wouldn't: upgraded the v.1 Joker.

I get the feeling you really like the Medicom TDK Batman, which is cool. But I also get the feeling like you REALLY want to declare Medicom the "Winner" of the best TDK Batman suit in whatever competition you and others have made up with Medicom vs. Hot Toys. :lol

wrong, I like the medicom but am not declaring it the winner, if you would read ALL my posts (lol) you would find out that I have said more than once that I am anticipated to see the DX version (upgrade of V1 TDK) if there will be one.

So I HOPE there will be a DX version of TDK, with upgrades of course otherwise I would not make sence. But if there will be no DX version, only then I will declare the Medicom as the winner :)

A upgraded V1 TDK would mean first of all: better headsculpt + sleek body (like medicom), I don't care as much for additional accessories as to those 2 upgrades of the figure itself.

So I hope Hot Toys will also listen to us about that ;)

Not really, I still won't get charges and that's the main thing.

True, they do contradict each other somewhat, however that is the best way to put what we have to go on at the moment. HT have stated they plan to make DX #2 TDK Bats, so it is pretty much not 'if' but 'when'. It could still be a year or so off, but seeing as they have stated they plan for one, that is pretty much confirmed until they announce.

okay, but am I correct to say that actually nobody on this board could translate for 100% what is stated on the screenshot of that piece of paper?...

if I am wrong, could somebody give us the full correct translation?

can't get enough of this pic :duh:monkey5

TDKMed2.jpg

Back