Medicom DK

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah the only problem I can see is the belt colour and quality is not up to the mark, that and the mouth and eye paint (which is inaccurate) can be improved but those are fixable problems. I'm going to get mine repainted and depending upon the fit, use the HT belt on him...

Hot Toys better do something fast, my buying finger and everybody elses is itching.

No really, I think I wait 3 weeks and then hope for a good europe seller or wait longer for the DX release.

what is a good european seller? we all now figures from hong kong are sold at least 40% higher prices than the same ones found in hong kong (ebay)

In my eyes there is no "good" european seller, because they are way to expensive.
Ebay is the cheapest way to go.
Or Joe, but he doesn't seem to sell this one does he?...

Reluctantly I'm going to pass. The HT DX version is pretty much confirmed and I know I would regret buying the medicom once we see pics of that. There is no denying that the Medicom version is a fantastic figure and even better than HT's first release, but I'm going to have to pass. :(

says who? nobody! all you got is that 1 picture in the foreign language...

unless you know something I don't know, but facing the last post in that topic about the HT DX, the word "confirmation" is the last thing that comes in mind when reading that topic.

I'm in the Uk and the only place I seem to be able to get these figures is eBay. Play.com have some pre-orders but never seem to actually get the stock same story for forbidden planet. ebay prices are higher but hmm, if u want it u have to pay! there is one shop i know of who gets hots toys and medi figs shipped over but she charges mental amounts. i went in last week two face was £179, hell boy and iron man were £195. ebay sell them at £130. cheapest medi bats i can find on ebay is £130

says who? nobody! all you got is that 1 picture in the foreign language...

unless you know something I don't know, but facing the last post in that topic about the HT DX, the word "confirmation" is the last thing that comes in mind when reading that topic.

I think somebody translated the article and it said that Hot Toys had plans for a DX version.

Don't know whether to order one from an ebay retailer from abroad, or wait for one to pop up on ebay uk. I'm guessing the prices will be higher on the few that pop up over here though.

I think somebody translated the article and it said that Hot Toys had plans for a DX version.

They did, so you were correct by putting the HT DX TDK Bats is pretty much confirmed.

Don't know whether to order one from an ebay retailer from abroad, or wait for one to pop up on ebay uk. I'm guessing the prices will be higher on the few that pop up over here though.

I highly recommend you buy from a HK seller because, as you put, UK sellers always inflate the prices.

It's cheaper from HK, Medicom DK $199 works out to £134, thats without shipping though. Probably be another $50 or so, then import fees. Usually £20 for import fees from HK. £30 - £40 from America.

It's cheaper from HK, Medicom DK $199 works out to £134, thats without shipping though. Probably be another $50 or so, then import fees. Usually £20 for import fees from HK. £30 - £40 from America.

I've ordered about 5 figures in the last 6 months form HK, and never paid import fees even once. Maybe i'm lucky but i'm def going with a HK seller!

Improving the leg articulation of Medicom TDK Suit Batman

Sorry no new pics cos,I just did the most drastic mods ever to bats...

the following images are not for the faint of heart(Yes, I'm crazy I just cut open a $125 USD figure)

If you shift the belt up u will notice that there is a seam line at the waist, where the suit was glue together. I used a modeling knife (usually used for gundam model kits) and cut along the seam, as clean as I could

3456096617_c958b26a5d_o.jpg

3456093223_19935032f0_o.jpg

Next, I removed all the cotton/foam that was used to give Batman's legs the intended shape, then I removed the pants/suit.

The cotton/foam was what restricted most of the leg articulation but without them, the pants will look like a balloon with not enough air when you move them around.

I then used the leg muscle parts from my Medi Piccolo (Sorry Piccolo) and put them onto bats skinny legs.
3456915742_d1a2431082_o.jpg

If your gonna do the same thing as me, roll the spandex suit over the leg muscle parts. Otherwise it will be very hard to put the suit pants back on. Thks to the leg muscle parts, the aesthetic look of the legs are still maintained while allowing better articulation.

Lets take a look at the results shall we?

Much more dynamic leg poses & you can turn his body sideways.
3456099661_6f975c35c8_o.jpg

He can now Kneel down, though not a very good kneel down pose.
3456098539_d7563468b6_o.jpg

But there is one major drawback, which the following pic shows
3456916654_89ab633cfc_o.jpg

Oops, bats has exposed undies....
I didn't glue back the suit cos I wanted to maintain the waist articulation.

Forgot to mention, after wearing the pants back up, I stuff back the cotton/foam into the butt area. Mainly cos it helps to maintain the shape of the butt and it keeps the belt in place. The belt is very important cos it will help to hide the unsightly seam, when your posing the figure, works in most poses except for more extremes flying kick or kneeling poses where the back is bound to be exposed.

The good thing is there's always the cape & the belt to hide the exposed behind.

I don't really recommend this mod to everyone. Only do it if your an articulation freak like me or I should say, I just love to play with my toys, making them do extreme poses.

Do it at your own risk and if you do make sure you get a clean cut at the seam.
Otherwise, you may ruin the whole suit.

Lastly, my pics sucks cos its 4am in the morning and I have no choice but to use flash.

Last edited:
You have to wonder why they didn't use those legs in the first place.

They're cotton happy.

I still want it. Strange that Toys2 doesn't have it. And DCDirect is only importing the Bruce Wayne.

I guess it'll be BigBadToyStore, then.

I've ordered about 5 figures in the last 6 months form HK, and never paid import fees even once. Maybe i'm lucky but i'm def going with a HK seller!

It was HK I bought it from and got caught out, except the first two.

After that I've been hit everytime from HK. Parcelforce takes it after it's arrived from HongKongPost. Is it not Parcelforce for you?

Same. I use eBay exclusively for my figure purchases and have never had additional import fees from HK to UK.

Pity you don't explain why you don't get caught.

hmm well it's parcelforce for me too, but i've never been caught out. The one time i've had to pay import fees has been for a US to UK delivery, and I'm certain it's because in that instance the seller had not marked down the value of the goods.

Whenever I buy from HK i specifically ensure that the value of the goods has been marked down. If the declared value is only $20 as opposed to $150, then the customs folk wouldn't bother with duty.

Back