Medicom DK

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They do look good in hand I agree. My Tiger Stripe Snake is one of my faves, however, they suffer from proto to production pieces. Case in point, MGS4 Snake.

Even MGS3 Snake doesn't look as good as the promo pics, even though it still looks great.

This Batman may beat HT, but it will not look as good as you are seeing in these pics, once in hand.

Either way, I pre-ordered the Medicom Batman, as well as the HT version. Both versions are inaccurate and aren't great representations of the movie character, but I thought having both figures will stave off disappointment.

Either way, I pre-ordered the Medicom Batman, as well as the HT version. Both versions are inaccurate and aren't great representations of the movie character, but I thought having both figures will stave off disappointment.

:confused: So you buy not only one but 2 figures you don't like?
Sorry, that doesn't make a lot of sense...

:confused: So you buy not only one but 2 figures you don't like?
Sorry, that doesn't make a lot of sense...

It's not that I don't like them, I do. I appreciate the work and craftsmanship that went into them, and they are great 1/6 Batman figures even though they aren't perfect facsimiles of the real deal (which is what I'm disappointed with). Don't mistake what I actually said for what you think I intended.

I just noticed that this thread belongs in the DC section of the boards.

The prototype looks really really good! Cheap on the accessories again...no surprise though

080724_ol005.jpg
080724_ol005_1.jpg

080724_ol005_2.jpg
080724_ol005_3.jpg

that looks amazing !!
I think HT and MEDI are tied with this 12" fig

It's not that I don't like them, I do. I appreciate the work and craftsmanship that went into them, and they are great 1/6 Batman figures even though they aren't perfect facsimiles of the real deal (which is what I'm disappointed with). Don't mistake what I actually said for what you think I intended.

I just noticed that this thread belongs in the DC section of the boards.

Oh OK, I guess I'm not as nit-picky as some people here...I have the BB 1st release Bats, and I just improved it with the new Head, and looks great IMO...

With all the changes HT has been making, they can still deliver the product by end of this month. Medicom has that prototype nailed down for months and we still need to wait until March for it. Me thinks the marketing dude in Medicom needs to be fired. Talk about joining the game after the ship has sailed.

We need them to release more info about what body their using, since it is clearly taller than the usual RAH figures based on the pics of him next to their Joker and Bruce Wayne (and an article I read saying it is 1/5cm taller than the reg suit version they made which would make it just around HT scale). Then we can learn its level of articulation and hopefully a little about its fragility.

I also want a reason its gonna take them 6 more months to produce this... I don't get it.

Still like Hot Toys, they are willing to go so far as to listen to collectors' opinions before releasing the final product. I wish to see more of that. Certainly creates more loyalty towards the brand. Medicom should just still to japanese related figures. They are a disappointment.

We need them to release more info about what body their using, since it is clearly taller than the usual RAH figures based on the pics of him next to their Joker and Bruce Wayne (and an article I read saying it is 1/5cm taller than the reg suit version they made which would make it just around HT scale). Then we can learn its level of articulation and hopefully a little about its fragility.

I also want a reason its gonna take them 6 more months to produce this... I don't get it.

They seem to have some variance in size... figures like the Clone Troopers are closer to a true 1/6 then some of their other releases; like their Luke or some of the other shorter figures.

At one point I heard that movie line figures were all the smaller size, and non-movie figures were taller. Don't think that really has held up, but works for a lot of figures.

I think he is refering to the fragility of the Medicom body, which is a valid concern.
Oh, i was talking about the HT Bats, not Medi's... hence the confusion I guess...

Still like Hot Toys, they are willing to go so far as to listen to collectors' opinions before releasing the final product. I wish to see more of that. Certainly creates more loyalty towards the brand. Medicom should just still to japanese related figures. They are a disappointment.

I've never been disappointed with any Medicom SW products I've bought :D

They seem to have some variance in size... figures like the Clone Troopers are closer to a true 1/6 then some of their other releases; like their Luke or some of the other shorter figures.

At one point I heard that movie line figures were all the smaller size, and non-movie figures were taller. Don't think that really has held up, but works for a lot of figures.

The comic Spidey and Carnage figures were also a decent size. The MGS3 figures were midgets though....

Oh OK, I guess I'm not as nit-picky as some people here...I have the BB 1st release Bats, and I just improved it with the new Head, and looks great IMO...

hey Kuzeh, what head did you replace it with? and if its not much trouble can you post a pic.....gracias amigo!!!!!

Back