Medicom DK

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Medicom have always been more expensive than the rest.

As for being inferior, I just got a Medi Darth Maul,my first medi, it doesn't seem inferior to any of my Hot Toys figures to me.

Medicom have supposedly switched to a better grade of plastic, my rah maul's plastic definetely feels a bit more rigid and better quality than any of my HT figures.

If they use this plastic in all their figures from now on. It could well be Medicom>Hot Toys from now own in terms of durability.

Time will tell.

As for being inferior, I just got a Medi Darth Maul,my first medi, it doesn't seem inferior to any of my Hot Toys figures to me.

Medicom have supposedly switched to a better grade of plastic, my rah maul's plastic definetely feels a bit more rigid and better quality than any of my HT figures.

If they use this plastic in all their figures from now on. It could well be Medicom>Hot Toys from now own in terms of durability.

Time will tell.

Yep, newer Medicom figures all have better quality plastic.
Sadly, no one seems to see the point that they are improving

Goku is one of the best figures I've ever had! Probably the most to play with and he's rock solid!!

Time will tell.

The plastic for the figures has always been perfectly fine. The main issue lies in the hidden 'small plastic pieces' in the shoulders and legs joints that holds adjacent parts together.The stiff joints over time cause so much strain on these 'small plastic pieces' that would eventually break.

I frankly don't care if he is a little 'delicate', will just be standing on my shelf anyways, but will he look as good as the protos? I unfortunately doubt it.

I frankly don't care if he is a little 'delicate', will just be standing on my shelf anyways, but will he look as good as the protos? I unfortunately doubt it.

thats what i thought too until recently i got screwed by one that came broken from the manufacturer. the chances of this are probably 1-10000 but still, i havent had this happen from Bandai, Hot Toys, NECA, or any other company so i feel worried when i buy medicom

thats what i thought too until recently i got screwed by one that came broken from the manufacturer. the chances of this are probably 1-10000 but still, i havent had this happen from Bandai, Hot Toys, NECA, or any other company so i feel worried when i buy medicom

I understand where you're coming from, but my first HT Joker broke at the thigh within ten minutes of opening him, so it really can happen to any figure, (although Medi have had A LOT of issues in the past). Their durability is improving and, as long as it looks great, I don't mind too much if it just stands there on my shelf.

My main issue is just it is very likely it won't look anywhere near as good as the promos.

I understand where you're coming from, but my first HT Joker broke at the thigh within ten minutes of opening him, so it really can happen to any figure, (although Medi have had A LOT of issues in the past). Their durability is improving and, as long as it looks great, I don't mind too much if it just stands there on my shelf.

My main issue is just it is very likely it won't look anywhere near as good as the promos.

yeah you are right, i guess its just personal experience with these companies, some can be quite lucky, others not.

He won't always be standing on your shelf. For me, at least, I pose my figures once every couple weeks before setting them on my shelf, to keep things interesting. What's the point of having 1/6 articulated figures if you're not going to change the pose now and then? Might as well buy a statue.

This leads me to my point. I had a Medicom Comic Spider-man break on me when I tried to pose his right arm. Snapped at the shoulder joint. I applied very little pressure and before I knew it, he was ^^^^ed.

Until then I thought I was safe from the fragility issues that had plagued other people. I know better know, Spidey was just the first.

He won't always be standing on your shelf. For me, at least, I pose my figures once every couple weeks before setting them on my shelf, to keep things interesting. What's the point of having 1/6 articulated figures if you're not going to change the pose now and then? Might as well buy a statue.

I pose them from time to time, yes. But if we're going to be picky, I should have put;
'will just be standing on my shelf 90% of the time anyways'.

All I mean is, I don't care if he is a little fragile, IF he looks promo good. However, I have never seen a Medi live up to promo expectations, whereas HT pretty much deliver every time, for me.

Those details have been out for months. Someone saw the prototype in person in some Medi fair. Height is taller than standard medi. Materials are plastic armour on fabric suit underneath. Accessories just batarangs, grapple gun, and extra hands.

Although I'm getting the Hot Toys version, this really helps sell the Medicom one for me, especially if it's a normal height, but thinner...is it true these aren't coming out until March?

EDIT - someone move this to the DC thread! It's been left behind!

More or less, release date is stated as March 2008 and for Medicom its gd to assume that they will delay it by one or 2 months.

I'm actually stunned, but I find the Medicom potrait to look more like Bale than both of Hot Toys, still not dead on, but I see him in it more than HT's.

DCD-Jan09-RAHbrucewayne.jpg

I dunno, looks a bit Thunderbird like. The hair is much better on that. The face isn't.

I'm actually stunned, but I find the Medicom potrait to look more like Bale than both of Hot Toys, still not dead on, but I see him in it more than HT's.

DCD-Jan09-RAHbrucewayne.jpg

The headscupt is pretty good. I think it depends on the chin. Most sculpts of him give him a large, elongated chin, when in reality, he has a relatively short chin relative to his face. He also has a much rounder head shape than most Toy Company sculpters give him.

3.jpg

The Hot Toys Sculpt:

2518199927_35c8506a36_o.jpg

That said, the Medicom body may work with the DK suit (in fact, it is PERFECT for that suit) it makes Bale looks way too skinny as Bruce. The Medicom body would work great for the Obama figure though!

Last edited:
Did he wear a blue suit in TDK?

I'm pretty sure the figure's a grey suit, just picking up the color temperature of the shooting space. It's a photography thing, but depending on the color temperature of the photo lighting, certain colors will alter. In warm lighting, the grey might look like a brown, cooler more blue. The colors are just improperly balanced in the photo.

Back