Megalopolis (May 17, 2024)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They're leaning hard into the bad press/early reviews in the new official trailer.

A low quality bootleg of this is already online.

I don't know if I want to sit through the whole thing in such bad quality, but I had to at least check it out.

From what I've watched so far, it seems to mimic the style and tone of Baz Luhrman's Romeo + Juliet. I loved that movie when it came out. I wonder if Coppola thought he was onto something new without realizing Luhrman beat him to the punch almost 30 years ago.

IMG_6200.jpeg

Trailer, at least ... looks more interesting than most of what Hollywood's putting out these days. I have no expectations; will check it out.

I pushed through....as a cinephile, it's my duty to at least make it through the whole movie.

It was........SO bad. It's such a terrible monstrous disaster of a movie it just defies logic. It's STUNNING. It's ASTOUNDING that he made a movie this awful and still thought people needed to see it.

Unless you're truly curious like I was, just take everyone's word for it and save the 2+ hours of your life for anything else.

I can't think of much nice to say.......the car they drive around in is really cool. I'd never seen one before, it's a Citroen DS Prestige. What a slick car.

2a219e10725ffee817ed390d29c42ed8771113f7.jpg

Also, the main love interest was played by Nathalie Emmanuel from Game of Thrones. Her acting wasn't anything special but she's absolutely gorgeous in every frame she's in. What an incredibly beautiful woman.

Back