Hot Toys - 1/6th scale Darth Vader (Battle Damaged) DX45 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure if this has already been stated as obvious already but I literally only just now realized that the cape resembles his mask, which is so damn cool.View attachment 717503

Slowpoke_and_Galarian_Slowpoke.png

An updated ANH Vader might tempt me again down the road though.
Can’t help but wonder what they have in store for Star Wars’ 50th anniversary. We’re less than two years away - no doubt it’s gonna be massive.

Can’t help but wonder what they have in store for Star Wars’ 50th anniversary. We’re less than two years away - no doubt it’s gonna be massive.
I honestly think it will be pretty big.

Think they’ll be going all in on the ROTS anniversary (we’ve already seen the beginning of that) for next year and then ANH they’ll start the following year in preparation for ‘27.

Start saving.

Ugh....

The clock is ticking on this guy.. An exclusive I wouldn't want to miss.

Less than 2 days..... I'm just finding it hard to lump this version into the need category, but I buy nearly every version of Vader figures. I have the 2 different 3 3/4" versions they released carded too.

Who am I kidding, I know I'm gonna cave by tomorrow.. :slap

I wish there was a way for the left hand to hold the lightsaber. Having him holding it outstretched to his left to mirror the cape’s direction would look so cool.

Ugh....

The clock is ticking on this guy.. An exclusive I wouldn't want to miss.

Less than 2 days..... I'm just finding it hard to lump this version into the need category, but I buy nearly every version of Vader figures. I have the 2 different 3 3/4" versions they released carded too.

Who am I kidding, I know I'm gonna cave by tomorrow.. :slap

I caved last week lol, sold Qui Gon and ESB Vader to make up the cost.

I caved in too and pre-ordered this today. However, I noticed that the prototype cape is quite heavy, causing the figure and the entire stand to tilt to the left. I hope they address this issue in the final release.

While that headshot does look great, I held fast and didn't PO the Deluxe SE the other day as I watched the timer countdown. :lol

I just can't justify nearly $500 for this guy with already having so many Vaders. I'm sure I'll have some regret when he's released in like 2 years. But that's ok. Can't buy everything.

Why didn't they use the actual scars Vader is meant to have though?

They already have one and half headsculpts (ROTJ and OWK) to show them where the scars are and how they're meant to look, so why do even more "artistic interpretation" and make it stray even further from canon?

Shouldn't this have simply been the exposed area of the OWK headsculpt, but complete?

Back