Hot Toys - 1/6th scale Darth Vader (Battle Damaged) DX45 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure if this has already been stated as obvious already but I literally only just now realized that the cape resembles his mask, which is so damn cool.
IMG_0431.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0430.png
    IMG_0430.png
    4 MB · Views: 0
Looks like they took direct inspiration from the Hasbro figure.
IMG_0753.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0755.jpeg
    IMG_0755.jpeg
    906.1 KB · Views: 0
This is cool from a design point of view but I'm good with OWK and ROTJ Vader incoming, no need for car crash Vader beyond the OWK possibilities.
I think just as you do. It is a cool design, but it isn't from a movie or show, and it takes away the mystery and invulnerability of the character for me. To me Vader as always been nearly indestructible. Here you can see his face and been heavily damaged. OWK Vader shows just the right amount of the face while still keeping him hidden. And yes, I am finding reasons to not get this LOL.

I think just as you do. It is a cool design, but it isn't from a movie or show, and it takes away the mystery and invulnerability of the character for me. To me Vader as always been nearly indestructible. Here you can see his face and been heavily damaged. OWK Vader shows just the right amount of the face while still keeping him hidden. And yes, I am finding reasons to not get this LOL.
I’d say it reinforces how indestructible he is. No matter what he keeps on going. A force of nature that can’t be stopped.

Get him.

I was on the fence initially as well, but think I'm going to sell my ESB Vader and get this one. I don't need 3, 2 is perfect.

That is crazy talk. :ignore:

RotJ Vader is (and always will be) numero uno for me.

This is very much an artistic vision of Vader for me. Like a kid that doesn't know when to have restraint. It's a cool figure and all but I'm of the opinion that less is more. About the only thing that the OWK show did well. The cape is cool but it's one of them- all I can see is the comic book hyper stylised mask in it rather than the cape itself. Add to that, you haven't got the ability for a clean look.

But yeah, Empire / ROTJ is my Vader and I'm very much looking forward to it.

Last edited:
If rotj Vader has the OWK body it will be the best OT Vader if you stick the DX28 clean helmet on it.

Hoping beyond hope they have updated their helmet design too but not holding my breath. It will be the only one with a dismantlable helmet/mask design so far though.

Back