Metal Gear Solid Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
he's got it in some artwork, but i think that pouch is a bit big myself
the colouring looks closer to the game in this pic, but his face looks a little ____ed. hopefully it looks better in person or they improve on it

Yeah I think the same, they ____ed the head sculpt with the paint
scaled.php

and that pouch is too big and it's a little off on the figure
215.jpg

I agree with you guys about that pouch on Snake's belt looks way too big. Hopefully they scale it down or just remove it. I'm really digging the paint app on snake tho, especially the vest.

I also like this interpretation of ninja. It stays true enough to the original design while at the same time looks more modern and blends the exposed joints nicely. Overall a great looking fig!

@Dark Snake

It strange cause the sculpt and paint look amazing here ( note the pouch looks even bigger!)
snake-550x.jpg

i guess its the lighting and such. The suit looks more blue here

the best shot of this figure is this one though lol. too ambiguous to see imperfections
figurine-solid-snake-25-ans-mgs-tgs-2011-1.jpg

@Octo my only complaint about the Ninja is the colour isn't game accurate. Its growing on me tough

I don't remember Snake have that huge ass pouch on his belt in the game.

Yeah, well... I don't remember him looking as if he did crystal meth on a regular basis... Terrible paint job there.
Also... the fact that play arts chose to use glossy colors on the Gray Foy figure annoys me. Wtf did play arts or Shinkawa for that matter choose to paint him like that?

I don't think I'll buy any of these. Shame since the unpainted models looked outstanding.

Yeah, well... I don't remember him looking as if he did crystal meth on a regular basis... Terrible paint job there.
Also... the fact that play arts chose to use glossy colors on the Gray Foy figure annoys me. Wtf did play arts or Shinkawa for that matter choose to paint him like that?

I don't think I'll buy any of these. Shame since the unpainted models looked outstanding.

:rotfl true i dunno why Shinkawa seems to love these glossy paints( he did that ____ to ZOE figures too:huh)

I still prefer the face sculpt from comic-con but these are still a must-buy. two times even lol

Anyone know what the price point on the 3A rex will be?

Im gonna say $200-$300. 3As' big figures are around that price point, you never know though. details will be announced soon

Anyone know what the price point on the 3A rex will be?

I'm still crossing my fingers in hopes that Sideshow will get some of them, so that the flex-pay option will be available. Hopefully, since KojiPro was involved with the project, it won't be a Bambaland exclusive :lol.

Those pics of Snake in the previous page make him look like WWE's Cody Rhodes. Reguardless him and Grey Fox are a must get.

So true, now that you mention it! :lol

Yoji Shinkawa designed the figure himself, so it's weird how it turned out like that.

@Dark Snake

It strange cause the sculpt and paint look amazing here ( note the pouch looks even bigger!)
snake-550x.jpg

Yeah I hope that its the lighting because in that pic it looks very good.

About the Three A MG Rex they will put Preorder on their page for it or it will be an exclusive?

So true, now that you mention it! :lol

Yoji Shinkawa designed the figure himself, so it's weird how it turned out like that.

It's odd why Snake is so thick. The art from MGS1 made him look so much thinner and lean. I can't imagine him crawling into any air vents with shoulders that wide and those thunder thighs.

Yeah I hope that its the lighting because in that pic it looks very good.

About the Three A MG Rex they will put Preorder on their page for it or it will be an exclusive?

The way 3A works is that you preorder the figure but you pay full price for it. also because the limited amount of figures its all gone in a day. so make sure your savin up for this badboy

don't know if its exclusive or not yet

It's odd why Snake is so thick. The art from MGS1 made him look so much thinner and lean. I can't imagine him crawling into any air vents with shoulders that wide and those thunder thighs.

Its just Play Arts style. I like it though, very cool. also when you look at the artwork its pretty accurate proportions

Yep it's just play arts' style. I like it I must admit, even if it's not too realistic / accurate.

I gotta say however im not fond of the sculpt on Snake.

Just got the play arts kai miller figure, pretty plain looking yet extremely cool. question:was he taller than Snake in peace walker? no issue but the figure is taller and im waiting till nov 8 to play peace walker

thanks in advance

Oh and to anyone buying the miller figure ; if you dont want that second head(the hooded one) pm me, be more than happy to take it off of your hands :D thanks

Back