Metal Gear Solid Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have both figures displayed (the sneaking ver was on crouching postition) but checking again, both figures look basically at the same height, maybe the jungle fatigues is just a bit taller, but respecting the same scale... however, looking at this picture and comparing the sneaking suit ver with the MGS snake figure, seems to have different scales :thud:

Maybe.. is just the angle, but not sure :dunno

I don't think it's just the angle. If you look at the positions of the feet, the figures are standing side-by-side next to each other. Play Arts seemed to have increased their scale from last year...

The Peacewalker figs I think are the same scale as the MGS1 figs though. I can't be totally certain as I own none of them at the moment.

I don't think it's just the angle. If you look at the positions of the feet, the figures are standing side-by-side next to each other. Play Arts seemed to have increased their scale from last year...

...which is bad since Big Boss is supposed to be taller than both, Solid and Gray Fox....

There's no denying the scales are off, but for me personally as long as the figures within a single Game's line are in scale with each other I'm cool.

...which is bad since Big Boss is supposed to be taller than both, Solid and Gray Fox....

Definitely. A good rule of thumb, is that if anyone's keen on collecting Play Arts figures, they shouldn't expect the scales to be consistent. Play Arts seems to be all over the place where their figure sizes are concerned (their Final Fantasy figures are a good example of this).

That's pretty much the reason for why I'm not a hard core collector of Play Arts :lol.

The lack of consitency bugs with me the Play Arts figs. I've bought several from different lines and they are all over.

I would also love a Three A Ray, I think that would probably be the most beautiful set up you could have. I remember when I saw the trailer for MGS4 and Snake and Liquid faced off in their Metal Gears I nearly wet myself.

I don't mind if playarts figures from diferent franchises have different scales, but if they are from the same franchise, they should respect the same scale at least :/

Maybe the next Playarts MGS figures (Solidus and Raiden)end up being to 11 inch scale or so...which would be very annoying :gah:

I don't mind if playarts figures from diferent franchises have different scales, but if they are from the same franchise, they should respect the same scale at least :/

Maybe the next Playarts MGS figures (Solidus and Raiden)end up being to 11 inch scale or so...which would be very annoying :gah:

Man... that would suck. The Big Boss figures are already kid-sized, they shouldn't be shorter than they already are :lol.

Check out REX in MGS 4. I can't wait to display the ThreeA figure with my Medicom Old Snake and Raiden 12 inch figures (despite them not being in scale :lol)

[ame]https://youtu.be/S-Y68wRMH5E[/ame]

didnt pull the trigger on cyborg ninja?? the figure is awesome you wont regret it.

I got both Snake and Ninja POd at BBTS when it was only $50. But my buddy wanted to order one that was already instock so I ordered one too.

[IMG said:
420314_319391118123547_1234784521_n.jpg

Gangsta Snake? Because he has a bandana he can now aim better with his gun held sideways :slap

Yeah I was going to say something about that too. Just watched the Mythbusters where they try out all the wacky movie shooting techniques and that was one of them and it's so inaccurate as to be pointless. Surprisingly so is shooting from the hip.

I love that Fox's helmet actually looks like it could contain a head. Something that is often lost on helmeted action figures.

This seems to indicate otherwise but it might just be the angle or poses or something.

5194438201_7d60f36684_b.jpg

My J fatigues figure has really long foot pegs maybe thats why he looks a bit taller in this pic.

Also did you repaint the heads because they dont look the same as mine?

Not my pic, so no idea on the repaint. I don't own any MGS PlayArts fits yet :(

@ Dylan

Its just the lighting that makes it look different. Lighting can change alot in a photograph

cheers for the pics Valvo, looks good. Just got GreyFox today and it looks better in-hand hoping its the same with Snake

Back