Metal Gear Solid Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess that you haven't been paying much attention to the recent Hot Toys releases. There were so many "Classic Predator" figures released that it caused the prices of the Predator version 1 to plummet in the secondary market. It's it's pretty much a given that the same thing will happen to the version 1 Iron Man figure, when the Iron Man Mark II gets re-released. In addition, the prices of Hot Toys figures have increased drastically, and they're currently pouring out all of their current lines, to the point that nothing is being sold out anymore. If that's not over-production, then I don't know what is.

As to whether Hot Toys "loves producing stuff as much as people like buying them", well Howard Chen did express great interest in acquiring the MGS license a few years ago, as he mentioned that it was a "good omen" that there were people in Kojima's staff who collected Hot Toys. So, with everything said, from the way that I see it, Hot Toys has chosen the business route of "quick gain" rather than what really interests them from an artistic sense.

But, back on topic, the problem stems from Hot Toys pushing certain licenses to the back-burner (eg. MGS), and continuing to use their resources to progress other lines. Customers aren't the ones to blame for this, but they are inadvertently enabling Hot Toys to make "more of the same", so to speak. As long as Hot Toys sees that there's a great demand for something, they'll continue to make more. But, it's just a shame that they've never considered the demand that the Metal Gear Solid line would have brought them. Like I said, they've squandered an entire two years by doing nothing with the license. Even if they just announced one MGS figure, most of us would have been satisfied.

+1 :exactly:

mcfarlane_mgs2_metal_gear_solid_2_sons_of-liberty-revolver-ocelot_action_figure4.jpg

That picture is from the McFarlane 7" figure. In my opinion, it looks more like a desert camo.

I swear that someone made a pattern of this.

18 dollars for shipping figure worked about to be 84 dollars with 4 day shipping. Try hobby link Japan, amiami is sold out. You could probably order both ninja and solid snake and save on shipping.

HLJ is fantastic, I buy from them all the time. If you can wait a week or two, go with their SAL shipping and you'll save a lot.

From Amiami
PLAY ARTS KAI SOLID SNAKE FIGURE
Subtotal: 4,390 JPY
Shipping (to CA,US: SAL): 980 JPY
Grand total: 5,370 JPY
Total about US$ 62.82

CornerStore pre-order price is $54.99, but arriving in MAY/JUNE.

Thanks! Since amiami is already sold out, I went with HLJ and got 3 figures, (2 Snakes and 1 Akuma). Split it between my friends and I, 1 figure each.

Thanks! Since amiami is already sold out, I went with HLJ and got 3 figures, (2 Snakes and 1 Akuma). Split it between my friends and I, 1 figure each.

didnt pull the trigger on cyborg ninja?? the figure is awesome you wont regret it.

It might take longer, depending on whether there are any improvements on REX to be made. A few folks from the ThreeA forum have already spotted a few inaccuracies when comparing the prototype photos to the in-game images. So, I'll just be thankful if REX ships on schedule :lol.

Haha, i am the one who mention some inaccuracies issues on 3A's Rex...

But anyway, i am still ok if 3A don't make any new improvement because i already very satisfied with the Rex they shown on recent photos. I really hope we can get it on schedule.

After the magnificent Rex, i hope they will do the Ray as well in future...but not so fast, wait for my wallet to recover first.
:lol

Now i am considering to get the play art's MGS1 Solid Snake and Grey Fox...
But after paid to the 3A Rex had made me no budget now...sad.

But anyway, i am still ok if 3A don't make any new improvement because i already very satisfied with the Rex they shown on recent photos. I really hope we can get it on schedule.

After the magnificent Rex, i hope they will do the Ray as well in future...but not so fast, wait for my wallet to recover first.

A guy responded that the tip/cover of the minigun could've come off between MGS1 & MGS4, that makes sense to me.

I'd like a 1/4 Rex MK.II or a 1/6 or 1/8 Gekko

It seems people always use the sneaking suit MGS2 Snake for comparison and isn't he like the shortest MGS figure to day by a pretty healthy margin?

It seems people always use the sneaking suit MGS2 Snake for comparison and isn't he like the shortest MGS figure to day by a pretty healthy margin?

I only own Big- boss senaking /jungle, and Cyborg Ninja, but Did'nt know he was so short comparing with Master Miller for example :dunno

Damn! It seems that Big boss was in a differnt scale/size :(

I have playarts Deus Ex figures aswell, and they're shorter because have different scale

He's short compared to the jungle MSG2 Snake isn't he? I've seen pics at least that indicate that.

This seems to indicate otherwise but it might just be the angle or poses or something.

5194438201_7d60f36684_b.jpg

Hey, good seeing you on Sideshow! REX is a very magnificent and expensive figure, isn't it? Yeah, it's pretty good just the way it is. Right now, I'm just hoping that there aren't any major delays. I can't wait for RAY either, but I hope he doesn't get released till next year the earliest :lol.

But besides REX and RAY, I hope that ThreeA expands the MGS line to some other figures. I don't know if it can happen, but if we can get a scaled down model of a Gekko and a Scarab that would be pretty cool. But even if the line ends with just REX and RAY I'll be completely satisfied!! :D

This seems to indicate otherwise but it might just be the angle or poses or something.

5194438201_7d60f36684_b.jpg

I have both figures displayed (the sneaking ver was on crouching postition) but checking again, both figures look basically at the same height, maybe the jungle fatigues is just a bit taller, but respecting the same scale... however, looking at this picture and comparing the sneaking suit ver with the MGS snake figure, seems to have different scales :thud:

420314_319391118123547_1234784521_n.jpg

Maybe.. is just the angle, but not sure :dunno

Last edited:
Yeah, I do agree with you. Scale and height aren't the same thing. Even if you only looked at the heads of the MGS2 Snake and the MGS Snake the scales would still look different.

It's not as bad as some of the recent Marvel Legends figures though. Yeash the scale is bad on those.

Back