Metal Gear Solid Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Playin around with my custom Solid Snake.

I tired it with the Yamato vest.
I repainted it, I still like the other one better but what I really like about this one is that it captures exactly his look and shape of the torso.

I also upgraded his boots (the feet part is from a 12" resin kit, feet connector is from the metal boss boots and the upper parts form the yamato figure.)

P1050941.jpg

P1050949.jpg

P1050944.jpg

Looks great. I agree about the vest, it perfectly matches the game look. I wish it was made and sculpted to the same level as the vest on the HT Snake.

Looks great. I agree about the vest, it perfectly matches the game look. I wish it was made and sculpted to the same level as the vest on the HT Snake.

Me too, if they end up doing this version of Snake it would be tailored amazingly and wouldn't all be one piece. Of course you could probably break it down and remove it with all the components on it.

Liquid Snake by HT :pray:

What I did with my yamato vest was remove the collar, shoulder pads and shoulder straps and replaced with fabric pieces. Still not completely happy with it though as it's pretty thick and doesn't blend that nicely with the sculpted vs. fabric parts. So I scrapped that idea and am thinking of others.

TBH I think that Seb's fabric vest is the best rendition. Although it doesn't capture the exact look of the game it's really good.

Boots look great by the way Seb.

Thanks man, i tried the same attempts on a spare yamato vest but like you said the blend of plastic and fabric doesn't looks good.

I alos like the cloth vest better even if it doesn't cpatured the look 100%. At least I can pose him better.

But i have not much faith on a HT version tbh.

P1040822.jpg

Yeah I definitely prefer that one, looks great and what I imagine it would look like in real life. If you ever want to make another.....lol. :1-1:

Playin around with my custom Solid Snake.

I tired it with the Yamato vest.
I repainted it, I still like the other one better but what I really like about this one is that it captures exactly his look and shape of the torso.

I also upgraded his boots (the feet part is from a 12" resin kit, feet connector is from the metal boss boots and the upper parts form the yamato figure.)

P1050941.jpg

P1050949.jpg

P1050944.jpg

you painted the vest black ? Is it blue or black in the game ?

Doesn't the whole chest piece come off?

Yes it does, but you can take the blast shield part of the collar off too, I did finally get it off but I was afraid of it snapping.

Overall the figure is great and worth the cash.

QC issues I have with it are loose joints on the snake arms, but it's to be expected since the figure is incredibly top heavy and I suggest a 1/6 stand. Either tonight or definitely tomorrow I will post my whole PAK collection.

plis your pics always come out so nice. mine are too dark because my display area is dimly lit. even with my new camera it doesnt do much justice. i also like how you pose them as staggered statues. nice man i got all of those too! my solidus has been shipped and im waiting patiently for him. im gonna take my time and come out with a sick pose. i wish i got some of those ZOE's you got tho.

plis your pics always come out so nice. mine are too dark because my display area is dimly lit. even with my new camera it doesnt do much justice. i also like how you pose them as staggered statues. nice man i got all of those too! my solidus has been shipped and im waiting patiently for him. im gonna take my time and come out with a sick pose. i wish i got some of those ZOE's you got tho.

I think I have a awful camera lol but it does the job. Just be careful with Solidus, you can turn the tentacles at the base that attaches them directly to the chest piece. At first I was not sure if it was a joint but after seeing a video review I seen you can move them but it just takes a little finesse.

I was considering getting a 2nd Solidus to have it displayed in both looks but it's too much money and I prefer it with the tentacles anyway.

nice Snake Plissken. I have the whole MGS PAK figures too, minus Solidus (still waiting for my store to get my pre-order) and the Red Ninja. I really wanted one for the open mask head but the price is ridiculous right now.

Back