Metal Gear Solid Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks bro, the kit wasn't well casted, lots of hair bubbles that had to be filled.
The lenses were a pain, they were sculpted onto the mask and I really wanted real lenses.
So I dremeled the sculpted lenses and inserted real orange lenses.

Elvis that Mantis looks so awesome! Have him elevated & his arms extend outwards and that would be the perfect Mantis look!

Elvis that is by far the best solid snake custom I have ever seen. The head sculpt looks just like the codec screens. Where did you find the headsculpt at? My only hope is that hot toys does some type of snake from mgs and it looks half as good as yours. Great job man. Really stunning.

Elvis that Mantis looks so awesome! Have him elevated & his arms extend outwards and that would be the perfect Mantis look!

Thanks bro, that pose is indeed the goal. :)

Those metal boss boots are impossible to find right now :gah:

I know I bought them all :lol

Elvis that is by far the best solid snake custom I have ever seen. The head sculpt looks just like the codec screens. Where did you find the headsculpt at? My only hope is that hot toys does some type of snake from mgs and it looks half as good as yours. Great job man. Really stunning.

Thanks man, the head was done by Amnur here on ssf.
The rest was made and bashed by me.

The vest is completely made form scratch

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109070

The 3A newsletter is out and not one mention of REX. I look at that as a another big **** you from that company.

Last edited:
just got solidus today. man hes a big figure! im kinda disappointed because his tentacles are all locked up at the chest plate on the 2 swivels. im afraid of breaking it. im using the hot water trick but it still feels like it wont budge. im not sure if im weakening the plastic either because its hot. i saw your pic plis and they lay over the shoulders mine wont go. i dont want to break it before i didnt even get a pose. :gah: also my box came smashed............

nevermind, i got it. heres a pic. anyone know if theres 2 joints near the chest? i can swivel it at the plate but it looks like theres another at the next segment.

nevermind, i got it. heres a pic. anyone know if theres 2 joints near the chest? i can swivel it at the plate but it looks like theres another at the next segment.

Great pose Jason, I just have him like the rest of my figs in a statue position since I don't have anymore room. I'm getting Miller for Christmas from my GF so that will complete my PAK line.

The 3A newsletter is out and not one mention of REX. I look at that as a another big **** you from that company.

I need to stop getting my hopes up when Gimbat mentions something (not his fault). ThreeA always seems to do the opposite of what he relays to the rest of us - when it comes to REX.

I need to stop getting my hopes up when Gimbat mentions something (not his fault). ThreeA always seems to do the opposite of what he relays to the rest of us - when it comes to REX.

He's the only one trying to calm the fire, I have nothing against Gimbat at all, it's just the don't give a **** about the buyer company he works for.

He's the only one trying to calm the fire, I have nothing against Gimbat at all, it's just the don't give a **** about the buyer company he works for.

Sigh........ what can we say about ThreeA that hasn't already been said. Their service leaves much to be desired. I just want my REX. Hopefully it still ships in January :panic:

Great pose Jason, I just have him like the rest of my figs in a statue position since I don't have anymore room. I'm getting Miller for Christmas from my GF so that will complete my PAK line.

thanks a lot! i know you cant really notice from the pic but hes actually aiming 1 sword and tentacle forward. the pic kinda looks like hes leaning but hes not. also, do you know if theres a double swivel at the beginning or not? im not trying it and breaking it. heres another pic of my MGS2 section.

thanks a lot! i know you cant really notice from the pic but hes actually aiming 1 sword and tentacle forward. the pic kinda looks like hes leaning but hes not. also, do you know if theres a double swivel at the beginning or not? im not trying it and breaking it. heres another pic of my MGS2 section.

I wish I could get those Yamato figurines but they are going for a lot on eBay the last time I checked. It was the only Pliskin figure ever made.

i scored those pretty recently from someone who didnt really know what they had. i only paid 100 bucks for the whole set. they are 100% genuine too. ill never ever find a deal like that again. also he had all the extra swap out parts too.

I just wanted to clarify. Those who did not order from Bambaland have already received their Rexs'. Right?

I didn't and I don't think anyone in the U.S. has. Sideshow is still waiting for their supply from ThreeA.

055-2_zps043e8c85.jpg

015-4_zps299ccdef.jpg

016-4_zps708f5456.jpg

022-5_zpsfde00526.jpg

021-5_zps6f5a5dd7.jpg

020-5_zps270efec9.jpg

019-5_zps076d6ca5.jpg

018-5_zpseca15d82.jpg

017-4_zps8ade31d7.jpg

016-4_zps708f5456.jpg

Back