Metal Gear Solid Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ouch i bet, especially with both.

This second half of the year is gonna hurt the wallet, feels like i haven't really received much this first half. Despite the numerous pre-orders

The MGS1 print is shipping the first week of July. That cost a fortune really

7318d30515cc4c25679384afe47fb0eae240ff69a8173569b798d8fd54e999fc.jpg

i went for the full plexiglass version too. All in all cost £430. I wouldn't have minded it being a bit bigger though, for the price. I suppose artwork/prints go for mad money though so i shouldn't really complain

I doubt i'll care once it's here in it's glory. I wish i could get a spotlight to put above it - museum style but it's going on an exposed brick wall and the wire would be a major eyesore

i went for the full plexiglass version too. All in all cost £430. I wouldn't have minded it being a bit bigger though.

I doubt i'll care once it's here in it's glory. I wish i could get a spotlight to put above it - museum style but it's going on an exposed brick wall and the wire would be a major eyesore

Wow you really went all out. I'd love to get into classic movie posters, but collectibles eat up all my cash.

I really couldn't decide on whether i wanted the cheaper exposed aluminium finish without the museum plexiglass finish, but i thought i may as well just go the whole 9 yards, i wan't it to at least look as impressive and expensive as it actually cost me :lol

Wow you really went all out. I'd love to get into classic movie posters, but collectibles eat up all my cash.

Speaking of movie posters I'm dying for some MGS movie posters but those are damn near impossible to come across! Only one ive ever seen for sale was the MGS4 one years ago.

Would anyone who owns one recommend the GZ BigBoss? I like the new body and the face looks good in some of the in-hand pics. Does it look better in-hand than what I've seen??

I really couldn't decide on whether i wanted the cheaper exposed aluminium finish without the museum plexiglass finish, but i thought i may as well just go the whole 9 yards, i wan't it to at least look as impressive and expensive as it actually cost me :lol

Wow, you actually went ahead and bought it!! That's an incredible poster, Frank. I was planning on purchasing one, myself, but I had too many expenses to take care of. I can't wait to see your pictures of it :duff.

Speaking of movie posters I'm dying for some MGS movie posters but those are damn near impossible to come across! Only one ive ever seen for sale was the MGS4 one years ago.

Would anyone who owns one recommend the GZ BigBoss? I like the new body and the face looks good in some of the in-hand pics. Does it look better in-hand than what I've seen??

The older, official MGS posters have gotten incredibly expensive and rare. I bought several posters from Die Snake several years ago, and they were each offered to me for less $20 each with free shipping (and it's pretty surreal thinking back that I got them so cheap). I really miss that forum...

Last edited:

I went all in on one of these posters too, I completely forgotten about it until I saw your post. I'm quite excited to finally get mine!

Aye it was too good not to!

My 2 favourite characters from the series, from my favourite game of the series also so it was kind of a no brainer for me. The price is a bit high though but I suppose I'll be one of a few who does have it so I guess there's always that.. and it's badass obviously :rock

I've always wanted something proper to hang ever since I got the artbooks, they are awesome and all but they are in books, on a shelf, only looked at when I take them off and have a browse through. I was never that interested in the posters, save the red The Twin Snakes one

I'll be sure to post some pictures of it when it arrives and is displayed. It's supposedly being released 7th July

Wow, you actually went ahead and bought it!! That's an incredible poster, Frank. I was planning on purchasing one, myself, but I had too many expenses to take care of. I can't wait to see your pictures of it :duff.

Awesome! Which did you buy? If you don't mind me asking ?

I went all in on one of these posters too, I completely forgotten about it until I saw your post. I'm quite excited to finally get mine!

Last edited:

The older, official MGS posters have gotten incredibly expensive and rare. I bought several posters from Die Snake several years ago, and they were each offered to me for less $20 each with free shipping (and it's pretty surreal thinking back that I got them so cheap). I really miss that forum...

Some of the poster have gotten out of control, but if you know where to look and have a little patience you can still get them very cheap, that’s how I’ve ended up with a pretty large collection of MGS posters.
Which ones did you get of diesnake? And yea no matter how you look at it $20 per poster is insanely cheap now days

Since I had to squeeze Ray into my display case, thought I would take some pictures of Ray and Rex together.
Ray looks bigger then Rex only due to his display stand

And finnaly the new layout in my Metal Gear's display case

Finally, more display pics on this tread (yours as well, CQC). A great job you did with Rex and Ray. Wish I had the skill to make them. Will you be doing the human characters as well (Rex is missing Liquid in the cockpit, obviously)?

While we are on the topic, I'm planning to get M1A2 scale model to go along with 3A Rex (and hopefully a Hind later) but was wondering which would be a better choice between a 1/35 (closer to the pilot scale) or 1/48 one (actual scale stated for Rex). Any suggestion?

Seens as though this figure gets little to no love in this place

It's an old picture, I have him with The Boss now on their own shelf, both on their HT stands but alas I thought I'd share anyway

The predator base does work remarkably well though

3etyjuny.jpg

Seens as though this figure gets little to no love in this place

It's an old picture, I have him with The Boss now on their own shelf, both on their HT stands but alas I thought I'd share anyway

The predator base does work remarkably well though

3etyjuny.jpg
I'm displaying this guy by himself. And he looks so out of place with the suit. Really does need Boss for a companion piece. But I probably won't spend over $180 for her. No one sells her BIB. Wth.

Back