Metal Gear Solid Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's another day of celebration for Hot Toys mainstream collectors....

image.jpg
I expected something game related, that's all
V
V

It's another day of celebration for Hot Toys mainstream collectors....

View attachment 117811
I expected something game related, that's all
V
V
I guess anything game related should be regular releases. I am definitely onboard for any VGM series they're doing. Even if they're from Resident Evil. And Raiden is such a treat for the line I think. Still holding on to those Arkham figs man. I have high hopes that they're still going to do them.

We should be grateful we got Raiden, that made up for the creative decisions HT has been making.

I still won't forgive them for the Arkham Bats though. :mad:
I am right behind on you on that. Seriously one of the most questionable things any toy company as ever made in my eyes.

It's pretty simple, the VGM line sells infinite less, even as a Batman figure.

The Batman Returns delay should give enough indication of that not everything Batman sells as much as HT want's it to, so they go for the boring money makers while shifting a few other releases a year. 89 Batman obviously didn't sell as well as they would have liked otherwise the Returns figures would be out by now. 66 Batman must have sold even less and I'm banking that in overall sales for HT neither would AC Batman to the total demographic of HT buyers.

How bad were the sales? I heard that it sold out pretty quick when SSC first got it. Unless I misread.

Not sure overall, but SSC is not the be all and end all of HT sales unfortunately

To be honest, the western market in general isn't in comparison, we are an after thought and are probably the reason why some figures get made at all. From what I've been told and have been seen

I'm from the UK anyways, nobody cares about us :lol

True, so who knows? Though I just checked my source (MWCtoys) and I misread, I swear it said 89 Batman sold out quick.

I care about the UK! I have friends there! I just wish shipping wasn't so bad from the UK :lol or people would actually ship in the first place

The Batman Returns delay should give enough indication of that not everything Batman sells as much as HT want's it to, so they go for the boring money makers while shifting a few other releases a year. 89 Batman obviously didn't sell as well as they would have liked otherwise the Returns figures would be out by now. 66 Batman must have sold even less and I'm banking that in overall sales for HT neither would AC Batman to the total demographic of HT buyers.
What other lines sell as well as the Marvel line? Dark Knight? I can't think of any others that sell out quicker than these two. Predators don't sell well either do they? I never see them sell out over in the asian markets.

Everyone loves Nolan don't they. Predator obviously does well along with the obvious Iron Man.

I don't mind Nolan but I've had my fill of then 5 different Batmans and as many Jokers.

I can't really say as I'm not really sure, all I know is there's 5 different Bale Batmans and 5 Jokers, 6 with the upcoming Armory and TF Joker. Which is mental really - with only 2 other versions of Batman being released and 2 teased for years now with nothing to show :( that speaks volumes of the sales and which make them the real money.

Predators have come and gone. All different kinds and some sold better than others

HT could turd out an Iron Man and everyone would lap it up, I don't see them going anywhere soon.

It stinks but it's what the majority of people who buy HT buy. Cuz they make so much money off them everything else has to get crammed in between these releases and I'm sure returns comes above AC batman now so they must just think why?

Maybe it'll come, or maybe they'll do the new AK version. Who knows? it's just blatantly obviously what the money makers are otherwise why release so many

I'm surprised Raiden actually got produced really, which still gives me hope for everything else

Hence why i've sucked it up and gone the custom route for most of my MGS needs. it's mega expensive sure but with it being my favourite franchise and me wanting to have high end MGS figures in my collection, i just accepted my fate.

Last edited:
Ahh I see. So there are those who buy primarily HT and not sixth scales in particular huh? That's quite ridiculous to be honest.
I tried going for PAK for my MGS, then I got Medicoms, Inflames and HT, and I just really think I'd rather hunt those old figs than pay about the same for PAKs. Of course they make a way wider range of characters, but to be honest I have no problems waiting or kitbashing now that I'm a sixth scale collector.

+

Hence why i've sucked it up and gone the custom route for most of my MGS needs. it's mega expensive sure but with it being my favourite franchise and me wanting to have high end MGS figures in my collection, i just accepted my fate.

plain and simple truth. I've been keeping a record for when & what HT have been releasing (up to their release date) and up to now there are 10 Marvel releases (not counting Cap:GA & this new IM) from total of 15 on this year list. This really shows where HT prioritize their focus on and would probably continue for god knows how long.

So Raiden is a nobrainer and it might be years before seeing another MGS figure from HT (the sales # here was so low that everyone got the ex version without even trying).

I really wish I have the funds to go customs, especially when someone like Elvis1976 or Amnur show their works.

I wonder which non MGSV figure will be next from PAK?

Could be any really I suppose, but I have a feeling it may be one from MGS4

What do you guys think?

God knows honestly. You never know with PAK and MGS at this point imo.

I wonder why they haven't released MGS 2 Solid Snake as yet. I thought that it would have been the next figure after Raiden...

I wonder why they haven't released MGS 2 Solid Snake as yet. I thought that it would have been the next figure after Raiden...

to be fair the gap between Solidus and Raiden was pretty long...

Snake is a must but theyre on their GZ/PP kick right now, they pump some releases out of that and then move back to the other games. I only need MGS2 snake and MGS4 raiden and I can die happy.

Though tomorrow im finally getting GZ BB !! so naturally I called in sick to work :D

Back