Action Figure Mezco One:12 Collective - (1:12 scale) DC Comics Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is the superman comic version worth getting? $80 sounds like a lot of money for a small toy, so I am wondering your thoughts on that one before I take the plung. I think I mostly want it because the Darkseid mezco looks so damn good and those two together would looks great.

Wait for a better Superman version, it'll surely come.

If you just want a Darkseid fodder then get the upcoming DCC one.

I'm just gonna get Darkseid and wait for the TDKR Supes or the next version they do, the current one s u c c balls.

That being said, if you can get it for $80, get it, you can resell it later for more.

Last edited:
I'm with Gaspar.....100% comic accurate or nothing. Mezco can "mez flair" my ballz.

How did this line start so amazing with DKR and they haven't even managed to come close since? I guess the Punisher looked pretty damn good, but even that wasn't comic accurate.

I really do think there's something to the conspiracy theory that they're simply not contractually allowed to make the accurate figures we all want.

Oh well. It could have been the greatest toyline of all time. At least I have my ultimate Miller Batmans out of it.

(Although not really....it still kills me that I have the light blue PX version instead of the perfect PRCC version that costs like a zillion bucks.)

I'm with Gaspar.....100% comic accurate or nothing. Mezco can "mez flair" my ballz.

How did this line start so amazing with DKR and they haven't even managed to come close since? I guess the Punisher looked pretty damn good, but even that wasn't comic accurate.

I really do think there's something to the conspiracy theory that they're simply not contractually allowed to make the accurate figures we all want.

Oh well. It could have been the greatest toyline of all time. At least I have my ultimate Miller Batmans out of it.

(Although not really....it still kills me that I have the light blue PX version instead of the perfect PRCC version that costs like a zillion bucks.)

Speak for yourself! I mostly kid, but there’s a market for figures that have the kind of flare most Mezcos do. Most of what they’ve done is fantastic! There are a few head scratchers here and there I’ll admit, but very minor. One of those being a belt... on a Superman figure. I’ve always been of the opinion that if you don’t like the Mezco “flare”, then you’re better off staying away from the line altogether, because each figure that’s aligned with the comic properties has it to some extent just like each artist that draws these characters.

Is the superman comic version worth getting? $80 sounds like a lot of money for a small toy, so I am wondering your thoughts on that one before I take the plung. I think I mostly want it because the Darkseid mezco looks so damn good and those two together would looks great.

That’s the price for mezco one 12 figures—yea it’s worth it.

Speak for yourself! I mostly kid, but there’s a market for figures that have the kind of flare most Mezcos do. Most of what they’ve done is fantastic! There are a few head scratchers here and there I’ll admit, but very minor. One of those being a belt... on a Superman figure. I’ve always been of the opinion that if you don’t like the Mezco “flare”, then you’re better off staying away from the line altogether, because each figure that’s aligned with the comic properties has it to some extent just like each artist that draws these characters.

shaking_head_breaking_bad.gif

I’m looking for a Knightmare Batman if anyone has an extra they are willing to part with. If someone wants to help me out, I will look out for you at SDCC with the Mezco exclusives.

I’ve always been of the opinion that if you don’t like the Mezco “flare”, then you’re better off staying away from the line altogether,

Well, yeah. I am of the same opinion. I just said that. It's why I HAVE stayed away from the line altogether since the DKR Batman in 2015.

What’s funny is that I see that gif and go right to feeling like Walter White. Ugh. Nicely done.

Well, yeah. I am of the same opinion. I just said that. It's why I HAVE stayed away from the line altogether since the DKR Batman in 2015.

Why do you guys disapprove so much!? Lol. I feel like I’m the only one in this thread that loves Mezco. BTW, I do think that it’s weirdly funny that you haven’t bought a figure from the line since the first figure they produced for One: 12, and yet here you are 641 pages in expressing your discontent. I don’t mean this to be insulting at all, just saying.

I also think it’s humorous that Bob asks about the Superman and the first response is to wait for DCC version... again no offense to anyone, but that blows my mind.

What’s funny is that I see that gif and go right to feeling like Walter White. Ugh. Nicely done.

Why do you guys disapprove so much!? Lol. I feel like I’m the only one in this thread that loves Mezco. BTW, I do think that it’s weirdly funny that you haven’t bought a figure from the line since the first figure they produced for One: 12, and yet here you are 641 pages in expressing your discontent. I don’t mean this to be insulting at all, just saying.

I also think it’s humorous that Bob asks about the Superman and the first response is to wait for DCC version... again no offense to anyone, but that blows my mind.

I love mezco also, haters r gonna hate

Some people's self esteem is so low, that it isn't enough to not like something. They need others to not like it so it validates their existence.

Some people's self esteem is so low, that it isn't enough to not like something. They need others to not like it so it validates their existence.

Well that and they NEED everyone to know that their opinion is more valid and better than other people and everyone else needs to realize that.

Personally I love this line and think it’s great. Considering how often comic characters change costumes it’s stupid to complain about “flare”. It’s the only line I buy besides the occasional Hot Toy.

And how was someone able to get comic Superman for $80 dollars?

Well that and they NEED everyone to know that their opinion is more valid and better than other people and everyone else needs to realize that.

Personally I love this line and think it’s great. Considering how often comic characters change costumes it’s stupid to complain about “flare”. It’s the only line I buy besides the occasional Hot Toy.

And how was someone able to get comic Superman for $80 dollars?

I picked up my comic supes for $80 I think, but I also PO'd it and paid up front. I'm not saying every move Mezco makes is golden, but if as much bothered me about a product as Mezco seems to do to some of these people, I'd just stop buying them, unfollow their social media and as an emotionally semi-healthy adult, I certainly wouldn't waste any of my time trying to change another adults opinion on an action figure. I didn't think their Supes was a home run, even said as much when I reviewed it here. I just don't think it's the aberration everyone pretends like it is.

I picked up my comic supes for $80 I think, but I also PO'd it and paid up front. I'm not saying every move Mezco makes is golden, but if as much bothered me about a product as Mezco seems to do to some of these people, I'd just stop buying them, unfollow their social media and as an emotionally semi-healthy adult, I certainly wouldn't waste any of my time trying to change another adults opinion on an action figure. I didn't think their Supes was a home run, even said as much when I reviewed it here. I just don't think it's the aberration everyone pretends like it is.

Well said. I'm not sure that anyone thinks that every figure they produce is an aberration per se. I certainly like them, and favor them to Legends and DCC, but to emphatically claim that you haven't liked the line since the first figure produced kinda warrants a "well what's the point" sort of response.

Well said. I'm not sure that anyone thinks that every figure they produce is an aberration per se. I certainly like them, and favor them to Legends and DCC, but to emphatically claim that you haven't liked the line since the first figure produced kinda warrants a "well what's the point" sort of response.

Exactly. Hey, look, when Wendy's changed their fries several years ago, I was tiiiiicked. I even spent about a week trolling their Facebook page. Then I stopped. Someone ruined my favorite fast food joint and after a week I got over it. How long ago was that Dark Knight Returns figure made? Exactly.

Yea, I love these figures. No one else is doing it quite like Mezco in my eyes. I understand that some of these guys may feel they get an unfair amount of praise but its hard not to praise these figures. I only have one right now but I have Black Panther on PO, and Im definitely getting Sovereign Knight and Beyond, and thats just some of the figures I want. The Mezflair to me is better than just being a Neal Adams Bats or something like that, because I want definitive depictions of the characters for the most part. And like another user said, each artist gives the character their drawing a bit of flair themselves.

Yes these are my go to for premium comic oriented figures. I like Superman just fine, but I think Shazam/Captain Marvel was better. As far as the Sovereign Batman I am very excited to get it. Yes it is reminiscent of BVS but it is more comic book looking. I like the tactical print it adds much detail to the suit and Batman has NEVER been short of Batsuits, like Tony Stark :rotfl
But I agree, and I have told friends this too, if you don't like the toy, don't feel like you have to buy it. No one is putting a gun to your head :wink1:

This is the final month for Mezco's Ascending Knight shipment window they give on their site. PW has the 11th as the current ship date but regardless of that we should hopefully have him by the end of the month.

Back