Mezco One:12 - Star Trek

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't really want to start collecting this line but I'm a bit tempted by the Mirror Universe version of Spock. One of the best episodes of TOS and a nice looking figure.

I don't really want to start collecting this line but I'm a bit tempted by the Mirror Universe version of Spock. One of the best episodes of TOS and a nice looking figure.

Not to be a bad influence, but I felt the same way and gave in and I think he looks great. Really impressed by the work on this line.

I'm the same, I wasn't even going to get Spock to start off with, now I've got Sulu on PO and am going to do likewise with Kirk. Those special editions are getting pricey.

Seeing that they've done the law master for Dredd and a very impressive Batmobile, I would be unable to resist a Galileo shuttle craft....... I just re watched the episode the other day, and it wouldn't have to be too big either, Spock has to almost bend double to go through the hatch so it shouldn't be too massive.....

How about some pictures in this thread! I'm still on the fence with pulling the trigger on Mirror Spock and need some inspiration! I want to do a Star Trek POTA Crossover.

I'd be surprised if anyone paid that. I know I ordered early, and when they dropped the price they dropped it on my order as well. Would have been Hell to pay if they hadn't...

I'd be surprised if anyone paid that. I know I ordered early, and when they dropped the price they dropped it on my order as well. Would have been Hell to pay if they hadn't...

That's good to hear, I have no idea how they came to that initial price tag.

Not sure how to feel about Mezco's apparently tenuous grasp of the concept of exclusivity; while the staggered release batches are a nightmare to keep up with, at least this means as a UK-based collector I stand a better chance of picking some of these figures up without losing the shirt off my back...

Vegas Dead Dolls, actually. Some people paid upwards of $150 for that figure from there, they must be spitting feathers right about now.

They still charged $100! I wish I waited

A lot of these prices are dropping on Ebay. You can get Sulu for anywhere around $16-$40 previously opened. No more pre-ordering these guys.

That's too bad - people stop pre-ordering and the line will die pretty quickly.

As the exclusivity, that usually doesn't have much to do with Mezco. Usually the retailer sets the price and quantity, and once Mezco ships them off to them they're out of the picture. I'd assume Vegas Dead Dolls ended up with left overs, and didn't want to spend time trying to sell them, but rather just dumped them to BBTS.

I agree. Prices are wildly fluctuating. $60-$150 bucks is a huge swing. I know Mezco doesn't set the exclusive retail price but they better start protecting their brand. Price fixing by their retail partners could result in priced out/ disenchanted/ disappointed consumers which could lead to lower sales. Add that to the delays and One:12 could be in trouble. Take their PX Punisher. That thing is killer but it ain't worth the price Previews set for it and for that price, I'll pass. Luckily that's not the Punisher that I really want so that makes it a good variant for me.

I have high hopes for this line. I think it could rival DCUCs or even Marvel Legends if done right but I think they've already had some missteps that have drawn attention away from the brand. The large gap between releases early on, the exclusive pricing and now the delays on the regular preorders AND again with massive delays on the SDCC exclusives. Even their Twitter feed is loaded with a crap ton of "When will I get my..." It kinda takes the air out the sails. I even vowed never to order a SDCC exclusive from them again if I am going to the con because last year they shipped so friggin late. It was months before it showed up. This year they have the same thing happening.

I mean these guys have a license to do comic based DC & Marvel figures in the same friggin scale!!!! How awesome is that?!?! How awesome could it be? Only time will tell.

That's good to hear, I have no idea how they came to that initial price tag.

Not sure how to feel about Mezco's apparently tenuous grasp of the concept of exclusivity; while the staggered release batches are a nightmare to keep up with, at least this means as a UK-based collector I stand a better chance of picking some of these figures up without losing the shirt off my back...

Maybe, maybe not. That price for Spock at BBTS might seem good to US buyers, but not necessarily so for the likes of us. We'd have to factor in shipping, import duty and VAT. Once you add that they don't seem as much of a steal. I got Spock for £65 from a UK eBay seller and ordered Sulu for the same price. I also pre-ordered Kirk, but, he set me back £70. £5 for a phaser rifle!? Mmmm, ok!

When it comes to non Trek, like the upcoming Ghostbusters, UK buyers might be lucky to get change out of £80 for them, we shall see...

Out of those of us who have ordered Sulu, how many of us have actually got him!? When Spock came out, there were a rash of reviews, so far, only Michael Crawford and Fwoosh seem to have got their hands on Sulu and reviewed him. He is still a pre-order figure for the UK sellers, and, as you know from the one liner I got from Mezco themselves, they cited 'shipping delays'. What is the story for anyone else!?

I pre-ordered Kirk yesterday, but don't have much faith that he'll be gracing me with his presence this year

I'll drop Mezco a line and see what's up if I can - I ordered Sulu through BBTS, so some did go to retailers. And I ordered the SDCC exclusives through Mezco, and we know those haven't shipped yet, although they had plenty at SDCC...hmmm...

Back