Mezco One:12 - Star Trek

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I went for Spock in the end and he arrived yesterday. Got to say I'm really impressed. He's all the Spock you could want and at nearly £100 less than a QMX he's a steal. When you first open the box flap, you think 'Where is he!?' but when you find him he's well worth it.

Having looked at Sulu again after having Spock in hand, I am warming to him as well. The same seller as I got Spock from has him as well, so if they have some left in a couple of weeks, well, we'll see....

Thanks for that Roger, I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to buy Spock now... :gah:

Just picked up the Mezco Dredd, it's actually even better than their Batman.

I would, Mezco could be a force to be reckoned with soon. I've seen other figures in the One:12 line and there are going to be some real musts!

The catch is that Mezco needs to start working with sculpted clothes too. I know a lot of you guys would flip out over this, but it's the only way they're going to be able to do heavily layered clothing. The Joker is a good example. Sculpt the button up and tie, but do the jacket, vest, and pants in soft goods. It would cut the bulk down. For things like Star Trek they are golden so far.

Oh, another thing I want to ask Sulu owners, where in the box can you find his belt!? Is it stashed in a bag like Spock's was or is it elsewhere!?

It's under the tray rolled up nicely in a Mezco bag.

Also, here is a close up to show the different hues of blue between the Mezco and QMX shirts. Take your pick of which one you like. I'll be displaying my Mego spock with these guys when I get things organized.
IMG_1988.jpg

The catch is that Mezco needs to start working with sculpted clothes too. I know a lot of you guys would flip out over this, but it's the only way they're going to be able to do heavily layered clothing. The Joker is a good example. Sculpt the button up and tie, but do the jacket, vest, and pants in soft goods. It would cut the bulk down. For things like Star Trek they are golden so far.

Nah, I don't think we'd flip out really, a lot of us, myself included, have Figuarts figures too where all of the clothing is sculpted, or Mafex where it's sort of half and half. So, yeah, it could work for what you describe.

Nah, I don't think we'd flip out really, a lot of us, myself included, have Figuarts figures too where all of the clothing is sculpted, or Mafex where it's sort of half and half. So, yeah, it could work for what you describe.
Has Mafex done anything in the vain of Mezco? I haven't followed their work much but I thought the extent of the cloth work was capes and such?

I'm trying to fight the urge to start buying 1:12 figures, but seeing them in person at SDCC and all these pics isn't making it easy.

I think I'm going to get a couple and set up a 1:12 section in my room. I was blown away by Mezco's display at SDCC. At least the prices for these aren't crazy yet.

I wasn't too happy to see the prices seemingly creep up in $5-10 increments with each new announcement, But for $100 or less I definitely think you get your money's worth out of these.

I'm trying to fight the urge to start buying 1:12 figures, but seeing them in person at SDCC and all these pics isn't making it easy.

I was like that, until I did the math and saw what the money would get me. It's been great to be able to get multiple boxed figures again.

I wasn't too happy to see the prices seemingly creep up in $5-10 increments with each new announcement, But for $100 or less I definitely think you get your money's worth out of these.

Most aren't even that much, depending on where you are. You certainly do get bang for your buck though.

Back