Mezco One:12 - Star Trek

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope, that market is way too crowded as it is. Mezco is doing something new, and doing it well.

I agree. I think they've launched the next big thing in collectible toys. And if they can maintain their pricing model, I think they will continue for atleast another 8-10 years before any serious competition catches up to them. With them picking up movie licensing deals and comic lines and other fan favorites, sky's the limit.

I'm a big 1/6th collector but I started in 3 3/4" & 6" and I'm not buying the QMX figs but I'm buying Mezs Trek. Same thing for the BvS line. Anecdotal I know, but I like both properties but don't want to put in the resources for a full on sixth scale collection of either...but I'll bite at this scale and price point.

I wish they would hurry up with this and get onto Next Generation. Make it so!

I wish they would hurry up with this and get onto Next Generation. Make it so!

No öroblem with TNG either, however there is really no need to hurry TOS. This is the oine I was waiting for years and I want to enjoy it. Dont rush it, give me one figure every 2-3 months and I am totally happy. When the main crew is complete they can start to add a TNG character here and there and slowly take over when TOS is finished. :)

I'm not sure if I would pick up any Next Gen figures. But the second they showed off Warf, Data, and Pickard it would be all over for me.

Might try to stay away from TNG myself. I really enjoyed DS9 and I'd bet dollars to donuts we never see that series. I would just be getting TNG with the hopes of seeing DS9 eventually.

I just jumped into the boat on these ONE:12 Star Trek figures and received Spock today. This may have been mentioned before, but the alternate head that came with mine (the "fascinating" sculpt) has normal human eye brows - not upswept Vulcan eye brows. Was this intentional or a mistake? If a mistake, is MEZCO planning a swap-out program? I was going to get two figures so I could display both heads, but I don't want to do that with the wrong eye brows.

Pretty sure it's intentional - on the show, when he cocked his eyebrow, they tended to add a little to the back half to actually make it look raised, like this:

spock.jpg

Looks pretty close to me...

review_one12spock2_5.jpg

That's a shadow by Nimoy's eyebrow in the photo of the actor and it is paint on the figure. Pretty sure it is a mistake.

The eyebrows aren't sculpted all the way back on the arched brow head either - but without some paint back there, I'm not sure they'd look any different than the regular head. In person it looks right to me, but you may feel no arch would look better.

Spock finally on his way to the UK! I'll have him Monday! It makes up for our whole country going to hell. You have to find pleasure in the little things!

Spock finally on his way to the UK! I'll have him Monday! It makes up for our whole country going to hell. You have to find pleasure in the little things!
Got mine yesterday (I preordered from Kapow toys). Just opened it today, absolutely delighted with the figure but am seriously wondering the point of preordering figures in the UK - I really want to support UK businesses but I was pretty peeved to discover when I looked on eBay last week that I could've ordered a Spock with free delivery from a UK seller there & then for a fiver less than I paid for the pre-order. I'm no doubt going to be in the same boat with the Kirk I've already ordered...
(I share you're pain re the referendum BTW. W.T...H...)

Got mine yesterday (I preordered from Kapow toys). Just opened it today, absolutely delighted with the figure but am seriously wondering the point of preordering figures in the UK - I really want to support UK businesses but I was pretty peeved to discover when I looked on eBay last week that I could've ordered a Spock with free delivery from a UK seller there & then for a fiver less than I paid for the pre-order. I'm no doubt going to be in the same boat with the Kirk I've already ordered...
(I share you're pain re the referendum BTW. W.T...H...)

So glad I've got something to look forward to come Monday..... Funny coincidence though, I was browsing Kapow just yesterday and Spock was still showing as a pre order... How quickly things can change!

So glad I've got something to look forward to come Monday..... Funny coincidence though, I was browsing Kapow just yesterday and Spock was still showing as a pre order... How quickly things can change!
The figure arrived well packed and protected so thumbs up for customer service, I'm going to be the good guy (for a change lol) and stick with my Kirk preorder but based on what I saw available on eBay I think I'll take my chances and hold off on future preorders (one:12 at least). Seems crazy to pay almost 10% more to receive something a week later (and Kapow were definitely the cheapest in the UK at the time I ordered AFAIK...).
Eh, a 1st-world "problem" for sure...

Back