Michael Bay's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The full trailer should be upon us soon! The description sounds pretty awesome. I'm hoping it will win some of you guys over. lol

Spoiler Spoiler:

And the posters aren't 'final ILM renders' which I'm happy to hear. Especially in Leo's case. I much preferred his look in the trailers to what that poster is showing.

Now the countdown to Donnie's poster and then the new trailer!!

Last edited:
Cool trailer. It's growing on me slowly (moss slowly) but I'm still going in with very very low expectations. Bay surprised me with Pain and Gain and I don't know how much involvement he had with Black Sails and The Last Ship as a producer but I'm enjoying them both. That being said, his involvement in this seems to ooze (hehe) from every facet of this film and considering the transformer flicks and the fact that this newest one is getting a resounding meh from a lot of critics, I'm still ready to be disappointed.

Here's the shadowing Gentleman that 'White Shredder' was talking to. ;)

Not my pic. Poster on The 'Drome posted it.

Spoiler Spoiler:

!!!!

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=102458

Trailer is up! (in not English...)

Good god do the effects look fantastic.

Yeah... I'm going to enjoy this.

Positives:

The effects do look good and despite my personal dislikes about aspects of the turtles designs, I'm sure the kids will love these versions of the turtles on the big screen.

Concerns:

This well and truly has Michael Bay written all over it. The Megan Fox bottom scene, the slow mo Transformer fighting (this time with Splinter & Shredder) and even though it wasn't in English there's a couple of scenes in there that are going to be cheesy and cringy (it's OK in small amounts but I imagine with this being the movie it is it's going to be cringe overload).

Raph's sunglasses. Sorry, just can't get over them, especially when he's got them on in the night. Not even douchebags in real life wear sunglasses in the dark.

Last edited:
Positives:

The effects do look good and despite my personal dislikes about aspects of the turtles designs, I'm sure the kids will love these versions of the turtles on the big screen.

Concerns:

This well and truly has Michael Bay written all over it. The Megan Fox bottom scene, the slow mo Transformer fighting (this time with Splinter & Shredder) and even though it wasn't in English there's a couple of scenes in there that are going to be cheesy and cringy (it's OK in small amounts but I imagine with this being the movie it is it's going to be cringe overload).

There's absolutely no denying Bay is ALL over this. Obviously your feelings about Bay will determine if that's a good thing or a bad thing. Personally I'm glad it has some 'style'. I'm just hoping it's not cliched style. I'm a fan of slow mo and speed ramping so I'm down if it's done well and appropriately. I'll take it over quick cuts and shakey cam any day of the week. Best scenes in ASM2 were the slo-mo spots and Man of Steel would have benefitted if we could see some of the fighting.

In the English trailer, expect the Fox Bum scene to be replaced with Raph punching Shredder.

From what I've read, the dialogue seems pretty good (the turtles side of things). I love Mikey calling Raph out for his Batman voice.

There's absolutely no denying Bay is ALL over this. Obviously your feelings about Bay will determine if that's a good thing or a bad thing. Personally I'm glad it has some 'style'. I'm just hoping it's not cliched style. I'm a fan of slow mo and speed ramping so I'm down if it's done well and appropriately. I'll take it over quick cuts and shakey cam any day of the week. Best scenes in ASM2 were the slo-mo spots and Man of Steel would have benefitted if we could see some of the fighting.

In the English trailer, expect the Fox Bum scene to be replaced with Raph punching Shredder.

From what I've read, the dialogue seems pretty good (the turtles side of things). I love Mikey calling Raph out for his Batman voice.

I'm not mega anti-Michael Bay. I liked Bad Boys I & II, the first Tranformers film and Armageddon back in the day. I think most will agree that he really lost the plot with Transformers 2 and Transformers 3 was horrible. Both films are littered with too many clichés and horrible over the top acting. No matter how good the turtle scenes may be in this film, if there's scenes like this in it...

then overall as a film there's no hope.

Trailer makes me ashamed to be a Ninja Turtles fan. Looks retarded. Sad some of you have somehow talked yourself in to this one.

I'm not mega anti-Michael Bay. I liked Bad Boys I & II, the first Tranformers film and Armageddon back in the day. I think most will agree that he really lost the plot with Transformers 2 and Transformers 3 was horrible. Both films are littered with too many clichés and horrible over the top acting. No matter how good the turtle scenes may be in this film, if there's scenes like this in it...

then overall as a film there's no hope.

yeah but Pain and Gain was hilarious and pretty good so....

Back