Michael Weston : Sculpt Notice

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not worried about "Z" becoming the next howes. "Z" has already proved that he updates, communicates AND produces.
As far as Bruce? I'd be more interested in a Sam version.

I don't mean by communications, updates, and produces, BUT by being swamped by too many commissions. With the exception of Spencer (who sculpts on his own terms), it seems inevitable that the artists here has eventually being swamped by commissions because too many people ask to make X headsculpts. Take Dark Artist, Les Walker, and Sovereign Studios for ex. Those three communicates, produces, AND updates yet all three have fallen in backlog one way or another.

All I am sayin that I think Z should take a break from doing commissions once every now and then so that would not happen to him. I mean, the commissions threads here are mostly stuff of his works much like how, 4 months agos, it was filled with Chris Howes commission threads.

I don't mean by communications, updates, and produces, BUT by being swamped by too many commissions. With the exception of Spencer (who sculpts on his own terms), it seems inevitable that the artists here has eventually being swamped by commissions because too many people ask to make X headsculpts. Take Dark Artist, Les Walker, and Sovereign Studios for ex. Those three communicates, produces, AND updates yet all three have fallen in backlog one way or another.

The key to keeping customers, or at least the majority from thinking you are scamming them, stealing from them, or just an inherent ******. Everyone falls behind. Not everyone can please everyone else. The point is to NOT blame your customers for your own stupidity, lack of production, communication and updates. No lame excuses.
Les and Josh have beared their souls to us. They have been hit heavily with the 1:1 world. howes wouldn't be in such deep water if he folowed that example.
Z isn't swamping himself. He's being very upfront on what he is/isn't and can/can't do.
Kudos to him!

I think if Z is careful about not taking any money from people until he is ready to start sculpting, he'll be fine. The fact that he only asks for a small deposit before starting will help a great deal.

The key to keeping customers, or at least the majority from thinking you are scamming them, stealing from them, or just an inherent ******. Everyone falls behind. Not everyone can please everyone else. The point is to NOT blame your customers for your own stupidity, lack of production, communication and updates. No lame excuses.
Les and Josh have beared their souls to us. They have been hit heavily with the 1:1 world. howes wouldn't be in such deep water if he folowed that example.
Z isn't swamping himself. He's being very upfront on what he is/isn't and can/can't do.
Kudos to him!

I know it isn't intentional but this is the second time I felt that it seems like you are directing your anger about Chris Howes towards me as if I am him or am defending him (like in the other thread). Sorry, but I am not him nor support his antics.

Anyways, not to derailed the thread, how is left on the list that hasn't sent deposit yet?

Sorry for the delay guys. I just paid the deposit for the two heads I want. Awesome!

Hey Z. Sorry I overlooked the deposit. Just sent the $9.00. Still want this sculpt badly. Please drill for True Type neck post. Thanks again.

Old Grandpa

All I am sayin that I think Z should take a break from doing commissions once every now and then so that would not happen to him. I mean, the commissions threads here are mostly stuff of his works much like how, 4 months agos, it was filled with Chris Howes commission threads.

hi may i ask because im quite new to this what do you mean with the exception of spenser sculpting on his own terms?:duh im asking because as we all know hes a good sculptor and im thinking of having a commission work from him of my favorite character i want to know the pros and cons before i jump:lol thanks

Last edited:
hi may i ask because im quite new to this what do you mean with the exception of spenser sculpting on his own terms?:duh im asking because as we all know hes a good sculptor and im thinking of having a commission work from him of my favorite character i want to know the pros and cons before i jump:lol thanks

Spenser doesn't really take requests, he just sculpts what he likes and then offers it to us. He's done some really good stuff - check out his Gordon in particular.

Dang it, why? I was interested in this and now I might have to buy one. I already have the saturday Toys tan suit ready to go.

Back