MMS 139 Resident Evil Afterlife Alice

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: MMS 139 Resident Evil Afterlife Alice?

The figure's physique is perfect and represents the most accurate HT has achieved in female 1/6. All of their previous female releases failed in this respect.

Are we getting rubber arms again?

Since her joints are covered, I'd like more poseability, which this figure demands, quite frankly.

The prototype uses jointed elbows, as evidenced by this pic:

newrelease_017.jpg

This suits me fine as I prefer articulation over just asthetics.

The figure's physique is perfect and represents the most accurate HT has achieved in female 1/6. All of their previous female releases failed in this respect.
cant agree more. ht finally cracked it! unlike all their previous attempts, this female body looks perfect.

face needs a little tweaking, and hair is too symmetrical(shouldnt the left side be slightly different than the right side?), but otherwise this will be my first ht female purchase. and i thought all the R:E films are crap.

now, where's jill from movie 2?

I think they are forgoing Jill for this particular line since they are making Battlesuit Jill for the video game series. I would've preferred a Sienna Guillory figure myself.

Back OT, I would like to get two of these Alice figures for sure...

Is this the first official Milla sculpt? (I would check Hot Toys website, but I get warnings about malicious malware if I try to access it).

I'm a big fan of Milla, so this was a great reveal. It was also encouraging to see that they hadn't used rubber on the arms.

I don't have any of HT's female figures, so could anyone say what the torso would likely be made of?

The rubber scares me, and I couldn't bring myself to put the money HT ask into something that's not going to last.

(Hellboy looked fantastic, but there's no way I'd be happy owning him knowing that he may be deteriorating!)

I'm almost more pleased to see Milla than I am Indy. Amazing how that thread has raced to 197 pages, and poor little Alice has only managed 25! Though Milla's likeness seems to be a lot less controversial than Harrison's Indy. :)

Everything you buy will deteriorate at some point. $150 figure is no different than buying a $150 dvd player that will be worthless in 5 years.

Everything you buy will deteriorate at some point. $150 figure is no different than buying a $150 dvd player that will be worthless in 5 years.

But plastic bodies don't deteriorate just standing on a shelf, though. Unlike the horror stories of the rubber bodies perishing after a few years. I have figures that are many years old that show no signs of damage.

Electronics have planned obsolescence built in. Collectables ought to outlast the owner.

lol, sure they do. Look at old Action Man figures that have melted accessories, GIJoes that rubber bands deteriorate and cause them to fall apart, Mego figures that have heads that faded to gray.

Other than HT's first rubber body Rambo 2 figure cracking and DX Batman leaking I haven't seen any issues with modern rubber bodies.

lol, sure they do. Look at old Action Man figures that have melted accessories, GIJoes that rubber bands deteriorate and cause them to fall apart, Mego figures that have heads that faded to gray.

That was back when plastics weren't very reliable. I've seen a diving suit completely fused to an Action Man body. I've also heard that the rubber spacesuits can just melt, and destroy anything they're in contact with. Megos had rubbery heads, but the old hard headed Action Man figures have survived perfectly.

The rubber bands in my old 12" Star Wars figures have perished, and the Stormtrooper has yellowed.

I was talking before about more modern plastics, which have lasted without any damage for well over 20 years.

Other than HT's first rubber body Rambo 2 figure cracking and DX Batman leaking I haven't seen any issues with modern rubber bodies.

That's what I wanted to hear. I was reading the Hellboy II thread again recently, and I wasn't sure how serious one post was: referring to a HT employee stating that the rubber would have a lifespan of a few years.

only the torso has rubber cover (or rubber-like/silicone-like material), not much stress points except for maybe the hips that may pinch the pelvic region... The rest of the body arms and legs are mostly PVC and ABS plastic.

Hot Toys new TTF body... Alice (& Jill battle suit) will get a new upper torso..
https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/fo...eview-applies-black-widow-jill-valentine.html

only the torso has rubber cover (or rubber-like/silicone-like material), not much stress points except for maybe the hips that may pinch the pelvic region... The rest of the body arms and legs are mostly PVC and ABS plastic.

Hot Toys new TTF body... Alice (& Jill battle suit) will get a new upper torso..
https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/fo...eview-applies-black-widow-jill-valentine.html

Thanks for that, bandito. That's a really informative thread.

The way I look at it is that Hot Toys are making little works of art, and I want them to last. The better looking they become, the more fragile they risk becoming.

At least with the Alice figure, if the silicon perished (depending whether silicon has a natural lifespan) it would be possible to change the body. That wouldn't be so easy with figures with bodies designed to be shown - as with Rocky, Rambo, Hellboy.

Milla is already looking too good not to buy!

Will be adding Alice to my collection for sure. Just watched RE Afterlife last night and was disappointed with the overall movie.:( Really wanted to like this as much as the earlier ones. Question, with the second hair sculpt, where is that from in the movie? I would prefer that HT include a slicked back pony tail look like earlier in the movie.:lecture

Can't wait for pre-order. :gah: Hurry up Hot Toys.

123000487001b5.jpg

That's a great shot.

Going back to my earlier question, is this the first official 1/6 figure of Milla?

And this will be my third 1/6th female figure, just can't pass on this one..beautiful.

When this figure was first shown there were some uncomplimentary remarks about how she looked nothing like Milla.

Personally I thinks it's a great sculpt even under the bright lights (much better than the custom sculpts that were around at the time of Extinction).

HotToysMMS139ResidentEvilMillaAlice81.jpg

The only thing that looks off at the moment is the parka. The real one is baggy and loose fitting, whereas the HT looks like it might be stiffer and tighter fitting.

HotToysMMS139ResidentEvilMillaAlice86.jpg

RE4-14581_r.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back