MMS 139 Resident Evil Afterlife Alice

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: MMS 139 Resident Evil Afterlife Alice?

The eyes look amazing - like glass.

HotToysMMS139ResidentEvilMillaAlice9.jpg

Could she have PERS?

Or is PERS limited only to DX releases?

and she isnt a dx.

I know. That's why I wondered whether PERS was used on non-DX figures - since she is coming with changeable hair, which could give access to the system.

If not PERS, the eyes still have the lifelike glass quality.

I know. That's why I wondered whether PERS was used on non-DX figures - since she is coming with changeable hair, which could give access to the system.

If not PERS, the eyes still have the lifelike glass quality.
I get what your saying man. Her eyes do look very shiny.

I get what your saying man. Her eyes do look very shiny.

If you copy the picture and enlarge it, you can see more clearly the variation in colour in the eyes.

Looking at my Joker DX, the quality of Alice's eyes are much closer to the PERS head, than the Policeman head. Which makes me wonder whether she has fixed glass eyes inserted (i.e. through the hole made for the changeable hair).

If not, then it's just an incredible paint job.

Beneath the gloss, the painting is amazing.

HotToysMMS139ResidentEvilMillaAlice10.jpg

lol i just watched this movie and was going to see if any customs were made,....alice is bada$$

im getting this for sure!

Her eyes about as good as on any other JC Hong painted prototype. :dunno

I think HT has made strides in closing the quality gap between a prototype shown in their official photos and the final product that collectors buy. Pre-2010 I'd say that there was a noticeably difference in paint quality, but the factory painters seem to be improving immensely. Taking a look at JC Hong's prototype Barney Ross from The Expendables and the final production figure, there's really little difference between the two. Maybe the amount of gloss used on the eyes to get that wet, glassy look differs, but like someone else mentioned on the previous page, you could just add some gloss of your own.

The eyes on the Alice figure do look well good, but how much of that is due to how nice Milla Jovovich's eyes are in real life? On a technical level, I don't think they're any better than on recent HT figures, except that they're wider, thus making them look like PERS eyes. PERS eyes are bulbous and often ridiculed for being too wide (*cough* DX Batman).

I think HT has made strides in closing the quality gap between a prototype shown in their official photos and the final product that collectors buy. Pre-2010 I'd say that there was a noticeably difference in paint quality, but the factory painters seem to be improving immensely. Taking a look at JC Hong's prototype Barney Ross from The Expendables and the final production figure, there's really little difference between the two. Maybe the amount of gloss used on the eyes to get that wet, glassy look differs, but like someone else mentioned on the previous page, you could just add some gloss of your own.

The eyes on the Alice figure do look well good, but how much of that is due to how nice Milla Jovovich's eyes are in real life? On a technical level, I don't think they're any better than on recent HT figures, except that they're wider, thus making them look like PERS eyes. PERS eyes are bulbous and often ridiculed for being too wide (*cough* DX Batman).

That's encouraging. In hand I only have the 3 Gorillas and Policeman Joker to compare, and they aren't in Alice's league in the eye department (could be because they're all darker). I hope the quality does carry over to production, since as you suggested, Milla's eyes are among her finest assets!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back