MMS138 – The Expendables: 1/6th scale Barney Ross Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tough to say, I think each has it's own traits worth seeing when you look at the figure.

With the tactical gear, it's and impressive piece of costuming and he looks like a guy armed and ready to kick some ass.

With the casual look, you still get a sense of someone who'll kick your ass, but it comes from the physique, with the tight shirt showing off the chest and the arms sculpted with Sly's definition, he looks very tough.

Yeah it doesn't sound like its going to be an easy choice when I get the figure. This is why I wanted 2. Alas I just can't. Best keep the multiples to Terminator and I shouldn't even be doing that really.

@MaulFan - Great shots, Sean. Nice touch recreating the Vilena getaway scene where Barney was hanging on the plane. :clap

I love this figure, wish I had more time & skill to take photos like you guys. :( :wave
What type of lighting do you use for your photos?

84.jpg

Really creative posing and composition, Sean. :clap

@MaulFan: Great shots on his alternate casual look bro! You can really see his exceptional physique in that look. Love his massive forearms there..very defined! Keep it up! :wink1:

Have had this guy for a week and have not had a chance to open him until today. Biggest pain to put together, almost ruined the experience for me, but overall I am extremely pleased. I am a sucker for tons of accessories and this guy did not disappoint. My only criticisms are that he is a bit shorter then my other stallone figures and while not a big deal when displayed on his own, it looks weird when they are all next to each other. Also, I don't like the articulated chest. While it serves an important function, it looks weird when displayed topless and makes stallone look like he is wearing a sports bra.

Here are a few pics:

IMG_0150.jpg

IMG_0155.jpg

IMG_0158.jpg

IMG_0159.jpg

IMG_0160.jpg

IMG_0163.jpg

IMG_0168.jpg

IMG_0171.jpg

IMG_0173.jpg

My only criticisms are that he is a bit shorter then my other stallone figures

For me, this is one of the highlights of the figure.

I've always felt the Rambo figures and Rocky looked too stretched out and thin for Sly, he's a shorter, bulkier looking guy, Barney is the first HT Stallone figure where I feel that everything about him is a good representation, the height, build, scupt, it does a good job.

This can also work with the figures because all of the HT Stallone's represent him in his 30s and 40s, Barney is almost 65 year old Stallone, the difference in heights is small enough to be believable as the natural shrinking with age.

Now, if HT revisits Rambo beyond a Rambo 4, those figures would be in the new scale and shorter than the others which could be odd, though at least for me, the ones I'd want would just about be full on replacements anyway. Rambo 2 and First Blood are total replacements, my M65 is shorter because I swapped him onto a Narrow TT, so that'd only leave Rambo 3 at the old height and a little posing could compensate for that.

I have yet to see any shots with the beret on that really sell a cloth 1:6 beret. :(

Agreed, it is decent, but I'm not sure cloth is necessarily the problem. I think the beret looks good on my Christmas bash, but doesn't work on Barney and I think the hair/shape of the top of his head is the factor. If Barney were made to wear the beret only, it'd probably look better, but the way it sits on his head as is won't let it lay nicely.

Fortunately the figure looks great without the beret so it's no loss to not use it.

I think it looks great. The only reason I never used it was in case it stained the head, but when I get my 2nd head and body i'll use it.

OMG said he thought it would stain the head because of the material, but no one really knows, that was just speculation, no one's reporting seeing that happen yet.

Oh I dunno, I heard it might so I put it on my Statham custom, that way i'll find out without runining the head! No signs of it yet though.

Worry about it Platty, worry about it IN YOUR SLEEP!!!

As a matter of fact during the week days during lunch at work I would go home and check up on it just to make sure.

Back