MMS83 - Hellboy II – HELLBOY figure Spec and Hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a real shame. I replaced the knee joint with one of the newer ones from a AA TT I had (the one with the Terrence Howard head). It fits a little loose into the shins... might need some teflon tape to sure it up.

Ultimately what sucks is the resale value is diminished. On the shelf it looks the same as before.

I would also say Black plastic (or Red) are more prone to failure.

Statistics:
I've 6 Black TT bodies figures, 4 have broken knees from 4 bodies.
i've about 2 dozen old TT skin coloured TT, so far only 2 broken knees from 2 bodies.

The old TT knees have bad design (and some with bad casting).... and alternate coloured plastics makes it more brittle...

All too true. The same knees used on Appleseed figures as well. So Briareos--one of the coolest figures they've produced--is actually a POS statue (unless you want crippled knees and a hobbled figure).
I wasn't aware that Hellboy had the same POS knee design.
As much as folks love Hot Toys, these pathetic joints make me ask HTF can they justify their outrageous prices?

For a high-end collectible, it's a glaring design flaw.

All too true. The same knees used on Appleseed figures as well. So Briareos--one of the coolest figures they've produced--is actually a POS statue (unless you want crippled knees and a hobbled figure).
I wasn't aware that Hellboy had the same POS knee design.
As much as folks love Hot Toys, these pathetic joints make me ask HTF can they justify their outrageous prices?

For a high-end collectible, it's a glaring design flaw.

True but I think it has been resolved with all the newer figures, but I could be wrong. I don't sell my figures so its a no issue for me.

Can someone with a high-tech camera take a picture of Hellboys eyes? Please dont ask why lol I did something STUPID.

hellboyeyes.jpg

Does anyone have a HT Hellboy head they want to sell?

Last edited:
Does anyone elses Hellboy left pec look kind of weird at the top? Im still noticing stuff on this figure so I was just wondering. It kinda looks like a burn mark on a real person.

Last edited:
hmm..my local Comic Shop has this for sale for $180. I think I will pick him up. I just hope the knees hold up. Almost $200 after taxes

hmm..my local Comic Shop has this for sale for $180. I think I will pick him up. I just hope the knees hold up. Almost $200 after taxes
Man thats sums bull lol. I paid 228 for HB and i thought mine was a steal. Thats a fantastic price. People that go to that comic shop must dont know HT Hellboy worth. They probably think 180 is a lot lol. Those Ebay prices are crazy.

thanks for the input guys. I called and told them to put it on hold for me. It's been sitting at that shop for months. I guess not too many 1/6 collectors in my area.

Back