MMS83 - Hellboy II – HELLBOY figure Spec and Hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, HB1 is loosely based upon the Seed of Destruction story (TPB vol1).... I guess there's a little Right Hand of Doom (vol4) in there too, but you'll be very, very happy... I'd say start with the HB trades then try the BPRD trades when you get to the point where HB leaves the group. Those, TBH, are some of my absolute favorite comics.

I bought the library Editions... really cool sets and a good price.

Library Edition Vol 1 on Amazon

THANKS GUYS! This is the insight I've been looking for. I don't want to buy some old used copy off of Ebay when there are better versions to have. I love HC copies as well!

So GB, you get 2 TPB's in that set eh? Both HC, and nice pages, etc. Anything else I should know about the sets?

I've found Amazon reviews sometimes to be :slap

Nice, looks like Borders has the library edition in stock with free shipping. With one of their 40% off coupons hopefully I can nab it for about $30 shipped, new.

Thanks again for all the heads up. I'm not 100% I'll get all the stories so if there happens to be one of his TPB's, past the first 2 I'll get in this set, that is a must read let me know.

I'm late into the 1/6th game but i'm off to a good start have about 11 figures after my first year, and i finally was able to add this guy to my growing collection, i have concerns with the rubber body, i know posing will be limited but that's ok i'm just happy to finally add this guy to my collection. Really love this character.:blissy

I love it too. I just wish that Mezco had made a 1/6 scale comic Hellboy. I have the smaller one and the 18" one. But the taller one doesn't fit in my detolf. lol

I'm late into the 1/6th game but i'm off to a good start have about 11 figures after my first year, and i finally was able to add this guy to my growing collection, i have concerns with the rubber body, i know posing will be limited but that's ok i'm just happy to finally add this guy to my collection. Really love this character.:blissy

Congrats! He's epic!

I love it too. I just wish that Mezco had made a 1/6 scale comic Hellboy. I have the smaller one and the 18" one. But the taller one doesn't fit in my detolf. lol

How big is the smaller Mezco one?! Kind of looking for a few other HB's for my 1 piece collection.

I believe they were 8".

Hmmm, thanks.

I just ordered the first Library Edition of the comics and I have a feeling I'm going to enjoy them to the point that I'll want more figures. :lol That's how I roll....

Might just lead me to a HT's Abe though as I don't really collect anything smaller than 1/6. The 18" one looks pretty cool but I'm not sure where I'd put because of the Detolf issue.

I really like the stylization of the other figures though. They look top notch!

For people that have this figure how long do you think the rubber body will last? Ive heard a lot of good things about this figure, Im just kinda paranoid that one day when I go to pose his arm the rubber will just split.

For people that have this figure how long do you think the rubber body will last? Ive heard a lot of good things about this figure, Im just kinda paranoid that one day when I go to pose his arm the rubber will just split.

Well I have no way of answering that question but I know how I approach my rubber bodied figures, with caution. I don't put them under any light and when I pose them I do it very carefully. The Hellboy figure is one of the best HT's I own, I can't say it enough.

I guess if it rips, it rips. The coat would cover up the majority of any tears or rips though!

Chigger58, there is a hardcover being released soon that covers a good chunk of the BPRD story :)

https://www.amazon.com/B-P-R-D-Plag...6092/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1295280918&sr=8-4

Thanks Mack!

I just got my first Library Edition V1 on Saturday and have finished reading Seed of Destruction. It was great and I'm already looking to purchase V2.

I might PM you to get some info if that's cool? Uh, you seem to like Hellboy?!?! :dunno :wink1:

HT Hellboy is a great figure. I just wish those knee joints weren't so fragile on him. Mine fell over once and broke instantly.:(

Still my favorite figure. Now that I've picked up a few PFs though I am considering getting a HB PF to go along with.

DSCN6258.jpg

Still my favorite figure. Now that I've picked up a few PFs though I am considering getting a HB PF to go along with.

DSCN6258.jpg

Very nice shot man! Looks great on that dio. Is that from Triad or Sideshow?

The black T looks great too. What did you use an extra T2 T800?

Very nice shot man! Looks great on that dio. Is that from Triad or Sideshow?

The black T looks great too. What did you use an extra T2 T800?

Thanks!

That's the Shrine of Dagon dio from Sideshow.

The shirt is from Sideshow 12" Hellboy, as is the Samaritan (I prefer Sideshow's).

Back