MMS83 - Hellboy II – HELLBOY figure Spec and Hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So GB, you get 2 TPB's in that set eh? Both HC, and nice pages, etc. Anything else I should know about the sets?

Sorry I missed your question earlier :lol But sounds like you're happy with the set. I have the 3 volumes released so far and really enjoyed them.

Sorry I missed your question earlier :lol But sounds like you're happy with the set. I have the 3 volumes released so far and really enjoyed them.

Yeah geez! Way to leave a potential HB fan hanging! :slap :lol

Got the first edition and it's pretty awesome so far. Half way through the 2nd book now. Looking into picking up the other 2...once you go Library Edition you don't go back! :wink1:

I was afraid though that there was going to be something like 6 editions already. At $30+ a pop I was going to have to possibly consider passing as that's a lot of funds for figures. Even at $100 for all 3 that's a lot! More than I've spent on comics/TPB's in a long time.

just got this guy in and he's a beauty i'm so glad i was finally able to add this guy to my collection.

Finally gave in and got the Hellboy. I must say this figure is amazing. I see why people like it so much in this thread. When I saw him through the package my breath was taken away lol. To me he is more amazing than Berserker. Im very satisified and he has no problems. Also my favorite color is red so I like Hellboy even more because of that. Thanks to the people that helped me make my mind up to get this masterpiece. Here are some pics of BROTHER RED.

picture.php

THE ASWHOOPIN TRIO
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
Finally gave in and got the Hellboy. I must say this figure is amazing. I see why people like it so much in this thread. When I saw him through the package my breath was taken away lol. To me he is more amazing than Berserker. Im very satisified and he has no problems. Also my favorite color is red so I like Hellboy even more because of that. Thanks to the people that helped me make my mind up to get this masterpiece. Here are some pics of BROTHER RED.

Congrats on pulling the trigger. Great figure!:wink1:

I cant believe it but my Hellboy's left knee joint snapped! :S

I posed him in a way that may have caused pressure on the joint and when I picked him up the lower leg just fell out. Ack. I grabed an extra truetype body and just replaced the knee. Now Hellboy has a flesh colored knee cap in the middle of his red leg. No biggie i guess. BUt it probably takes a sizeable hit on resale value.

I will say that the rubber body really isn't nearly as poseable as the new pvc bodies they use for t-800 and Beserker.

Ok like so many, my Hellboy's knee has gone south. But I have located the problem. Many have speculated that its the red plastic that is causing the failures, but in fact its not. The knee on a Hellboy's body is not the standard knee that you find on a TrueType. The knee on HB is much thinner and instead of a solid center chunk of plastic its actually an "S" shape that the pivot point screw onto from the side.

IMG_20110221_220509.jpg

The knee is pivoting on the screw section which eventually breaks loose.

IMG_20110221_220353.jpg

As you can see the area that the screw attaches has torn free. And the base plastic is really thin. The TrueType knee piece is solid and runs through the middle of the section that fits inside the knee.

IMG_20110221_221333.jpg

Basically the HB knee has half the plastic and looks half as thick. No wonder these things are breaking. It also looks like the screw is the swivel point which means constant motion is going to shred the connection point.

Well there you have it, old HB is a little weak in the knees.

Love my HB but that is just bad design. Especially with the rubber upper body that is heavy. Too weak to handle that much pressure.

Same thing happened to my Hellboy awhile back with the knees and I've decided to give up on it. I'm just going to trade the remaining parts to customizer friend of mine.

That's just a tragedy. The same thing happened to my Dark Knight Batman and 2 in 1 Superman. I have a lot of Medicom figures and have become pretty good at fixing broken joints but the knee joints Hot Toys used back then are a mystery to me. Much easier to replace the whole body.

Good post Robbie! That is really weird that they went with that funky design on such a top-heavy figure.

Incidentally, if anyone has a damaged HB body they want to get rid of I am looking to make some upgrades to my custom. I'd be happy to buy a broken HB!

Ok like so many, my Hellboy's knee has gone south. But I have located the problem. Many have speculated that its the red plastic that is causing the failures, but in fact its not. The knee on a Hellboy's body is not the standard knee that you find on a TrueType. The knee on HB is much thinner and instead of a solid center chunk of plastic its actually an "S" shape that the pivot point screw onto from the side.

IMG_20110221_220509.jpg

The knee is pivoting on the screw section which eventually breaks loose.

IMG_20110221_220353.jpg

As you can see the area that the screw attaches has torn free. And the base plastic is really thin. The TrueType knee piece is solid and runs through the middle of the section that fits inside the knee.

IMG_20110221_221333.jpg

Basically the HB knee has half the plastic and looks half as thick. No wonder these things are breaking. It also looks like the screw is the swivel point which means constant motion is going to shred the connection point.

Love my HB but that is just bad design. Especially with the rubber upper body that is heavy. Too weak to handle that much pressure.
Dang that sucks man. This is the reason that almost kept me from getting mine. That muscle body adds some serious weight and that right hand of doom probably doesnt help the stress on that right knee either

Im cool with it. I am fortunate that I have spare parts and so I will be replacing both knees, but its sucks for those that cant. Even with the problems, I wont ever get rid of big Red. Figure and films are just to awesome to ever even think of it. Besides how can I have an Abe, Kroenen, and working on a Nuada and not have the big man himself?

Im cool with it. I am fortunate that I have spare parts and so I will be replacing both knees, but its sucks for those that cant. Even with the problems, I wont ever get rid of big Red. Figure and films are just to awesome to ever even think of it. Besides how can I have an Abe, Kroenen, and working on a Nuada and not have the big man himself?

Aldo fits in nicely as well :wink1:

SixthScaleCrew.jpg

Rob, There knees are standard TT used before the end of 2008.

I recently just fixed one with 2 more to fix.

I would also say Black plastic (or Red) are more prone to failure.

Statistics:
I've 6 Black TT bodies figures, 4 have broken knees from 4 bodies.
i've about 2 dozen old TT skin coloured TT, so far only 2 broken knees from 2 bodies.

Here's the thread which I contributed the repair method.
https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/fo...n/253915-one-way-fix-hot-toys-knee-joint.html

No, the screw only hold the pieces together, It is not prone to thread shredding/failure, though the plastic threads to fail if you screw it in too hard.

The old TT knees have bad design (and some with bad casting).... and alternate coloured plastics makes it more brittle...

Last edited:
Luckily I haven't had any issues with the knee on mine... but honestly I don't think I've ever even done much posing with his legs :lol

Back