Modified DX joker head... How bout a magic trick?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here is some updated pics of the fixed hair line:

IMG_1323.jpg

IMG_1322.jpg

IMG_1321.jpg

IMG_1320.jpg

Now this is only my second attempt at doing this and I am now working on a bank robber joker head (the main one), which I will not repaint. Just add the hair and sell. BUT if anyone is interested in having hair added to their bank robber or PERS head I will be willing to do some. I feel pretty confident after my second attempt and I already know how I will improve on the next one.

So if anyone is interested just shoot me a PM.

What works the best is feed the tips shown at the front into some putty. That way you don't get an extreme cut off point between the hair and head.

The hair is fantastic. Hot Toys did a good job using plastic but being limited to that one condition is unfortunate. However I agree with Devil, I'm not sure why you felt a repaint was necessary.

What works the best is feed the tips shown at the front into some putty. That way you don't get an extreme cut off point between the hair and head.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking.

But the color on the hair here is amazing!

that joker hair is awesome man. but if i were you, id keep it long like the 1st pics. the cleaned up version looks like he just got a haircut. the 1st version just needs a bit of height at the widows peak region and maybe some straggles coming down to the left side of his face. i think the sculpted jokers all had just a tad too short hair and none had the thickness and messiness nailed down on the sides. in no time you will be mastering this one big louie!

I just wanted to let you know that I listed this head on Ebay and there is a link posted in the for auction thread. There are also more pics in the auction that shows the back of the head and what it looks like when you remove the back of the head.

here is another hair job I did on a PERS DX head for intothevoid, this one came out allot better.

IMG_1563.jpg

IMG_1564.jpg

IMG_1565.jpg

IMG_1566.jpg

IMG_1567.jpg

IMG_1568.jpg

I left it longer at his request and it has not been styled yet either.

That first pic is just mmmmmm!

If you do trim it try using a crafting knife this time. Shaving parts of the hair off wouldn't be as severe as with scissors.

I still say putty the roots in when you've perfected the technique getting it the right gradual cutting so it looks so natural.

It's looking sharp!

I think the hair is nice, but needs some reworking. I also think the paint looks chalky....or....uh....non make up like I guess.

Back