Modified DX joker head... How bout a magic trick?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Applying white paint and trying to still preserve detail's a surprisingly hard thing to do. If you do any more than even the slightest dry-brush application, it dries and cakes up quicker than almost any other color of paint. It's taken me years to work out how to apply it correctly. His makeup did look thicker in the mob scene, particularly the black around his eyes, but the white makeup still had a lot of cracks smudges and bits of flesh peeping through. White paint is just a pain to apply correctly and preserve any sort of detail. I waited until I was 110% confident of my technique to repaint my DX head.

Lforigno did an AMAZING job on mine:

Joker with hair added by Lforigno - awesome job bro!

119q7ps.jpg

bgbkgy.jpg

2rdga9y.jpg

Thanks Josh - he has not been dismantled and placed into the suit locker. Lol... need a 2nd DX Batman... need to wait till DCD shipment and hope to grab one cheap

Looks real good...the only thing I might do is add something to give it a touch of greasyness. But otherwise it looks great. Makes me wish I had a spare head for Lance to work on :)

Thanks Josh - he has not been dismantled and placed into the suit locker. Lol... need a 2nd DX Batman... need to wait till DCD shipment and hope to grab one cheap

I picked up a spare DX body on ebay for my armory (still wip, but coming along :panic:) Just couldn't imagine hanging him up in there then taking him back down...:wink1:

Yeah totally agree Pennyworth - need to grease the hair up, trying to figure out what is the best way to go about that, any suggestions? I was thinking some hair wax maybe

Yeah totally agree Pennyworth - need to grease the hair up, trying to figure out what is the best way to go about that, any suggestions? I was thinking some hair wax maybe

Yes I always used hair wax and it's working perfectly, still allow you tho pause the hair but it give that greasy effect! :wave

Yeah, I was thinking pomade or some other type of moldable hair product...and if Seb says hair wax, then for sure, hair wax. The best customizer on the planet would know...;)

Yeah, I was thinking pomade or some other type of moldable hair product...and if Seb says hair wax, then for sure, hair wax. The best customizer on the planet would know...;)

:wave Thanks man.
Actually i tried a lot of stuff.
Gel, Hair Spray, wax and was gave the best results and allow you th pause the hair as much as you want.

Thanks Blake - it actually has a lot of brown at the roots - detail which my camera and my camera skills are unable to capture, but the colour really looks spot on in person. But I think after adding some greasy wax to it this weekend, it'll darken up a bit in general. Which should look awesome!

I'm distracted by the DX repaint (I just really love the factory paint), but this is the best hair I have seen for the Joker hands down. Congrats.

Back