MONDO - THE THING

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe MONDO has to give them import tax money to release our packages from customs. I wonder who really has control here. DHL claims they have no part in the process.

Two weeks stuck in Ohio. 10 clearance events. No end in sight. DHL is the worst shipping service.

Yeah, those damn Clearance Gremlins are to blame. Sorry they are active in your part of the world.
Mondonews- Just spoke to our CS team. Due to customs, these packages have to be physically inspected. Our team can provide a more in depth response if you want to email them at [email protected]! Unfortunately, there is nothing else we can do, so sorry about that!

Makes me wonder what are they going to physically inspect? Maybe Mondo should no longer use DHL then.

Mondonews- Just spoke to our CS team. Due to customs, these packages have to be physically inspected. Our team can provide a more in depth response if you want to email them at [email protected]! Unfortunately, there is nothing else we can do, so sorry about that!

Makes me wonder what are they going to physically inspect? Maybe Mondo should no longer use DHL then.

Mine was not opened - DHL customs morons are renowned for DAMAGING not just the packaging, but also the contents when they do that.

Mine was completely sealed and STILL had delays.

Like I said before - they used non-DHL couriers for the final leg of the journey - hence the delay (for ME anyways).

Hope everyone gets theirs soon . . . must be taking the bloom off the rose a bit.

I've modded the flamethrower hose from Mondo's extra-long, rubber-tube to a more screen-accurate, shorter braided hose. Used a old braided phone charge cable. Has the benefit of being wired for pose-ability. Came out pretty well. :)

1725112378221.png

I've modded the flamethrower hose from Mondo's extra-long, rubber-tube to a more screen-accurate, shorter braided hose. Used a old braided phone charge cable. Has the benefit of being wired for pose-ability. Came out pretty well. :)

View attachment 723243

That looks a lot better.

It spurred me to shorten the hose on mine, so I started looking at photos to judge how long it should be. I don't think it's stated in the technical manual, though it's not a searchable PDF.

On the off chance I Googled M2A1-7 hose length, and the first result was this page with complete specifications:

https://dockeryarmory.com/m2a1-7-flamethrower/

07-132-958

NAME – M2A1-7 Flamethrower

COUNTRY OF ORIGIN – USA

DATE OF MANUFACTURE – 1958

LENGTH (GUN) – 53.3 cm (21 in)

LENGTH (HOSE) – 95.3 cm (37.5 in)

HEIGHT (TANK GROUP) – 68.6 cm (27 in)

WIDTH (TANK GROUP) – 50.8 cm (20 in)

DEPTH (TANK GROUP) – 29.9 cm (11 in)

FUEL TANK DIAMETER – 16.9 cm (6.65 in)

PROPELLANT TANK DIAMETER – 13.7 cm (5.38 in)

WEIGHT (EMPTY) – 18.71 kg (41 lb 4 oz) complete

WEIGHT (LOADED) – 32.37 kg (71 lb 6 oz) loaded with thickened fuel

WEIGHT (GUN GROUP) – 2.83 kg (6 lb 4 oz) M7 Flame Gun with M8 Hose

TYPE OF IGNITION – M1 5-round pyrotechnic cartridge cylinder, 6 to 12 seconds burn per round

CONTINUOUS DURATION OF FIRE – 6 to 9 seconds

PROPELLANT – Compressed Nitrogen or Air

PROPELLANT PRESSURE – 2,068 to 2,413 kPa (300 – 350 psi)

FUEL – Thickened gasoline (Napalm)

FUEL CAPACITY – 18 l (4.75 US gallons)

EFFECTIVE RANGE – 37 to 46 m (40 to 50 yards) – thickened fuel, 18 to 23 m (20 to 25 yards) – liquid fuel

MAXIUM RANGE – 46 m (50 yards) – thickened fuel

FEED DEVICE – Twin connected tanks containing 18 l (4.75 US Gallons) fuel

FEED DEVICE WEIGHT – 13.66 kg (30 lb 2 oz) 4.2% thickened fuel, 13.13 kg (28 lb 15 oz) standard gasoline

STATUS – Obsolescent

SERVICE – US Military and allies

The M7 Flame Gun was developed in the early 1950s under the name E32 Flame Gun and the E37 Hose Assembly. The M2A1-7 will discharge its load at a rate of 0.50 to 0.75 gallons per second

LENGTH (HOSE) – 95.3 cm (37.5 in)

i.e., 15.88 cm or 6.25" in 1/6.

View attachment 723243
Looks amazing Adama! Do you mind me asking where you obtained the hoodie from? It looks perfect colour wise!

Mondo needs to have their items shipped to their warehouse and then ship them out themselves using reliable couriers instead of allowing the shipments to get held up in DHL customs. Shipping from overseas was likely a cost reduce measure on their part. I'm on my 10 clearance now and mine better be SEALED when it arrives (in 2 months).

Back