MONDO - THE THING

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also received the Cannot clear customs notification. I emailed mondo but I won’t be surprised if they shrug their shoulders and say it’s beyond their control or something to that effect. Just ridiculous

I also received the Cannot clear customs notification. I emailed mondo but I won’t be surprised if they shrug their shoulders and say it’s beyond their control or something to that effect. Just ridiculous
I've been in contact with MONDO in the last week (and they are finally aware of the situation) and they told me "If you don't see any new updates or the item within the next 5 business days, let us know and we'll proceed from there." But what are they going to do to proceed when they also said "Unfortuantely, since this is a customs issue, we cannot do anything on our end to speed up the process" They have to have some pull on what they ship don't they? to find out why there is a problem and why are they now getting ready to send all our orders back to China? :LOL:

Last edited:
Um guys, check your DHL status...

View attachment 723731

So sorry you folks are being put through this. Since it's DHL . . . I'm not surprised . . . they couldn't find their way out of a wet brown paper bag.

To paraphrase a certain Sybil Fawlty 👉 I have seen more intelligent creatures lying on their backs at the bottom of ponds . . . I've seen better organized creatures running 'round farmyards with their heads cut off.

This experience has definitely soured me on the figure and Mondo in general

It is likely as already pointed out that something was mislabelled or values were incorrect. Last time I had a parcel stuck in customs for weeks was due to seller putting an obviously low value and they were assessing to work out correct value, which probably involved contacting shipper, which would prob be the factory or warehouse in China.

All of this is so Disheartening. I was so excited, now I don't know if I can even get the figure. Then they put up John Nada from They Live, and I want him, but will I even get him??

My Mondo Masters of the Universe Beastman sat in customs exceptions for weeks with no progress, then suddenly showed up the next day. I get the potential return to shipper, but have always gotten the figures from Mondo's sometimes excruciating direct shipping process

My Mondo Masters of the Universe Beastman sat in customs exceptions for weeks with no progress, then suddenly showed up the next day. I get the potential return to shipper, but have always gotten the figures from Mondo's sometimes excruciating direct shipping process
A guy on facebook said he contacted DHL and they said they are all going back to Sender. It's idiocy and I don't know why Mondo can't just contact DHL and fix it instead of shipping them all the way back to China.

It is likely as already pointed out that something was mislabelled or values were incorrect. Last time I had a parcel stuck in customs for weeks was due to seller putting an obviously low value and they were assessing to work out correct value, which probably involved contacting shipper, which would prob be the factory or warehouse in China.

I wouldn't be surprised and that does seem like the most logical reason for this mix up.

I was surprised that MacReady arrived without any duties from DHL, so that tells me these things were likely all declared with low (or no) value when shipped from China. Couriers just don't work that way - the way local post offices do with most parcels sliding though with only occasional random checks - because they scan every single international parcel and put it through a customs process system. If all of these big fat 6 lb Mondo boxes from China are showing up as $10 value something is likely to go off in their system.

If it wasn't for the fact I already ordered a DiD coat, I wouldn't be too bothered by a refund. As I'm still on the fence as to whether this is really worth having...

Where are you guys finding these DID coats? I searched for random leather jackets on Ebay and various 1:6 seller sites, but only got mixed results of coats that were the wrong style.

So some were labeled correctly and delivered and others not? I dunno.
But there’s definitely a screw up somewhere

Where are you guys finding these DID coats? I searched for random leather jackets on Ebay and various 1:6 seller sites, but only got mixed results of coats that were the wrong style.

Personally I wouldn't bother. I've tried both and after futzing Mondo's looks better and is more accurate.

DID's isn't even "genuine" leather. It's bonded leather, which became apparent when the double sided tape I used for the fur collar pulled off a tiny patch of the surface and revealed the synthetic backing the bits of bonded leather had been glued to.

DID do make some jackets and pieces from actual sheets of leather, but this jacket wasn't one of them.

They lie in their spec lists because it helps selling their product in humid places like China.

Last edited:
IMG_3217.jpeg

- Body swap to AT020 Pro
- Head is the frosted sculpt that I used for some mod tests, ended up repainting and adding lighter shades of brown, also hit the hair and face with some dull coat to take some of the toyish shine off, re-glosssed the eyes but I kinda dig it with the sunglasses on.
- Dark wash to the flamethrower and straps, and cut down the S2 Mando flamethrower effect to replace the heavy lump in the box.
- Soaked the jacket, pulled/manipulated the material around the arms in a bent position and left it overnight; sits a bit better now on the shoulders even with the added layers, and it added some natural creasing.
- Cheapest hoodie, boots and glasses I could find off eBay or that were already lying around

Last edited:
View attachment 723943

- Body swap to AT020 Pro
- Head is the frosted sculpt that I used for some mod tests, ended up repainting and adding lighter shades of brown, also hit the hair and face with some dull coat to take some of the toyish shine off, re-glosssed the eyes but I kinda dig it with the sunglasses on.
- Dark wash to the flamethrower and straps, and cut down the S2 Mando flamethrower effect to replace the heavy lump in the box.
- Soaked the jacket, pulled/manipulated the material around the arms in a bent position and left it overnight; sits a bit better now on the shoulders even with the added layers, and it added some natural creasing.
- Cheapest hoodie, boots and glasses I could find off eBay or that were already lying around
Can I ask where did you buy the AT020 Pro from?

Back